|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Davey realize she cannot live in as she sits on the beach?
(a) Her dreams.
(c) Los Alamos.
(d) Atlantic City.
2. Who does Davey tell that she is uncomfortable with Gwen's new boyfriend?
3. What is the name of the psychiatrist that Davey is told she should see?
(d) Mary Anne.
4. What does Davey nickname Gwen's new boyfriend?
(a) The salesman.
(b) The slob.
(c) The new dad.
(d) The nerd.
5. When he finds out that they are moving back home, who does Jason distance himself from?
(c) His favorite teacher.
(d) Walter and Bitsy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Davey the most happy in Chapter 37?
2. What kind of car does Davey like when she visits the car lot?
3. Who suggests that Davey begin seeing a psychiatrist?
4. Where do Davey and some classmates go when they cut class?
5. Who does Davey not want to see at her play?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Gwen claim to have been avoiding talking to Davey?
2. How do Walter and Bitsy react to Gwen telling them that she will be moving back to Atlantic City?
3. How does Davey seek her mother's attention?
4. How does Davey feel about Gwen working at the lab?
5. What is the candle that Davey buys a symbol of?
6. Does Davey have a happy birthday? Why or why not?
7. Why has Davey kept the bloody clothes from her father's death?
8. What message about alcoholism does Judy Blume send to the reader?
9. How does Davey's family feel about Ned dating Gwen?
10. What is one example of how death has made Davey afraid of everything?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)