|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Bitsy and Walter invite guests over for on Christmas?
(a) Gift opening.
2. Who does Davey write letters to in her room?
(b) Her father.
(d) Mr. Ortiz.
3. After Mr. Ortiz dies, who does Davey unintentionally take her frustration out on?
4. What is the name of Davey's Spanish teacher?
(a) Mrs. Ortiz.
(b) Ms. Lobo.
(c) Mr. Gonzales.
(d) Mr. Valsex.
5. What does Davey see at the canyon in Chapter 38?
(b) Running water.
(d) Wolf's boots.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bitsy react to learning that the family is moving?
2. Who tries out for the play with Davey?
3. What does Gwen decide to sell?
4. What does Jason give Davey for her birthday?
5. Why does Gwen claim she avoided talking to Davey?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why don't Walter and Bitsy want Davey to learn to drive?
2. What does the last chapter of the story represent?
3. How does Davey's concept of Los Alamos change after she is in the play?
4. Why does Davey feel closest to her father in the canyon?
5. What does Davey write to Wolf even though she can't send letters to him?
6. Why does Davey leave letters for Wolf to find?
7. How does Davey's family feel about Ned dating Gwen?
8. What is Jason's reaction to moving back to Atlantic City?
9. What message about alcoholism does Judy Blume send to the reader?
10. How does Davey feel about Gwen working at the lab?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)