|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before they move back home, how does Jason feel about it?
2. Who does Davey hit when she gets frustrated about her report card?
3. What kind of car does Davey like when she visits the car lot?
4. What does Gwen give Davey for her birthday?
(a) A pair of shoes.
(b) A candle.
(c) A self-help book.
(d) A bracelet.
5. How does Walter feel about Davey's report card?
(a) She failed miserably.
(b) She could have done better.
(c) She tried her best.
(d) She did exceptionally well for her circumstances.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bitsy react to learning that the family is moving?
2. Where does Davey mail letters to in Chapter 29?
3. Where does Davey leave a package in Chapter 38?
4. What does Davey hope that Hugh and Leyana will see in her at the end of the book?
5. When Mr. Ortiz dies, who leaves Davey an envelope?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Walter and Bitsy react to Gwen telling them that she will be moving back to Atlantic City?
2. Is Walter's apology sincere after he slaps Davey? Why or why not?
3. How does Davey feel about Gwen working at the lab?
4. Why does Davey leave letters for Wolf to find?
5. Why does Gwen claim to have been avoiding talking to Davey?
6. What does the last chapter of the story represent?
7. How does Davey feel about Gwen dating, and the man she is dating?
8. How does Davey seek her mother's attention?
9. What causes Davey to finally explode at Walter?
10. What is one example of how death has made Davey afraid of everything?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)