|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Mr. Ortiz dies, who does Davey unintentionally take her frustration out on?
2. Who wants Gwen and the kids to stay in Los Alamos the most?
3. What game do Walter and Bitsy play at their friend's house?
4. What do Bitsy and Walter invite guests over for on Christmas?
(b) Gift opening.
5. Who does Davey argue with when they cut class together?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Davey regret before moving home?
2. Who does Walter insult when he talks about Davey's grades?
3. Why does Gwen claim she avoided talking to Davey?
4. What is the translation of the Spanish phrase that Wolf tells Davey to describe when he will see her again?
5. Where do Davey and some classmates go when they cut class?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Davey leave letters for Wolf to find?
2. On the first Christmas after her father has died, how does Davey deal with Christmas?
3. How does the reader know that Jane's drinking has become a problem?
4. Is Walter's apology sincere after he slaps Davey? Why or why not?
5. What reaction does Davey have toward her birthday gifts?
6. How does Davey seek her mother's attention?
7. How do Walter and Bitsy react to Gwen telling them that she will be moving back to Atlantic City?
8. What does the last chapter of the story represent?
9. What causes Davey to finally explode at Walter?
10. Why does Gwen claim to have been avoiding talking to Davey?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)