|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Walter keep in the trunk of his car?
(a) A gun.
(b) A net.
(c) A knife.
(d) A baseball bat.
2. How many days do Davey's aunt and uncle stay at their home?
3. What is the last name of the therapist Gwen begins seeing?
4. Who does Davey get the urge to hug when she thinks about her father dying?
(a) Mr. Ortiz.
5. What is the age of the man who approaches Davey in the canyon?
(a) 19 or 20.
(b) 30 or 31.
(c) 14 or 15.
(d) 23 or 24.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Davey's fantasy about singing, what is the color of the bouquet that Wolf gives her?
2. What is a favorite saying of Walter and Bitsy?
3. What part of Davey's body does Wolf describe as sad?
4. What ends the night out with Davey, Jane, and the boys?
5. What is the name of Davey's brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Davey feel about death in comparison to Jason?
2. Why does Jane get drunk when Davey spends the night?
3. Why does Davey get angry with Jane after their night out with the boys?
4. There is comic relief in Chapter 24 when Jason makes a joke about the reason he gets out of bed in the morning. Why is this scene significant in the story?
5. How does Davey show that she wants closeness and intimacy?
6. In what ways are Bitsy and Walter very cautious?
7. Describe how Davey shows her loss of connection with others.
8. Why is Gwen a bad example of support for Davey?
9. Describe Davey's father's funeral.
10. Describe Davey's relationship with Wolf once they start meeting often at the canyon.
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)