|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invites Davey to go shopping?
2. What does the family eat for the first night they are in New Mexico?
(b) Hot dogs.
3. What is a favorite saying of Walter and Bitsy?
(a) "You got it."
(b) "You can't."
(c) "You bet."
(d) "You should."
4. What does Davey crave from those around her?
(b) Physical contact.
5. What beverage does Bitsy drink a lot of after the funeral?
(b) Hot chocolate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game does Jason play outside on the first night they spend in New Mexico?
2. What does Davey pass out as her first duty as candy striper?
3. What name is Davey called in jest by another character?
4. What is the name of Davey's cat?
5. Who asks many questions?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Davey's mind, what is the cause of hate?
2. How is imagery used in Chapter 23 to demonstrate Davey's emotional strain?
3. How does Davey feel about alcohol?
4. Why does Davey lie to Jane about the way her father died?
5. What triggers Davey's memories of her father when she has first arrived in New Mexico?
6. Gwen says that she needs a reason to wake up in the morning. What is Davey's reason to wake up each morning?
7. How does Davey show that she wants closeness and intimacy?
8. Describe how Davey shows her loss of connection with others.
9. What obstacles lie in Davey's path to recovery?
10. Describe Davey's father's funeral.
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)