|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the family is in New Mexico, who stops making progress in recovering?
2. What beverage does Bitsy drink a lot of after the funeral?
(c) Hot chocolate.
3. What is the name of Davey's high school?
(a) W. Ortiz High School.
(b) New Mexico High School.
(c) Santa Fe High School.
(d) Los Alamos High School.
4. How long does Gwen plan to stay in New Mexico?
(a) Until Jason finishes elementary school.
(b) Until Christmas.
(c) Until Davey graduates.
(d) Until the school year ends.
5. How many days of school does Davey miss?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Davey go with Jane's family when she spends the night?
2. What time does Jane's mother wake up the girls when Davey spends the night?
3. What does Walter keep in the trunk of his car?
4. What does Davey buy for her uncle for Christmas?
5. What does Davey crave from those around her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Davey lie to Jane about the way her father died?
2. How does Davey's ride to the canyon represent her growth in strength?
3. How does Davey feel about death in comparison to Jason?
4. In what ways does Davey refuse to become a part of her new school? Why?
5. Why does Davey get angry with Jane after their night out with the boys?
6. How does Davey alienate Jason?
7. What does the bread knife represent?
8. What different coping mechanisms do Davey and her family utilize?
9. How does Davey feel about alcohol?
10. Describe Walter's character.
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)