|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What board game does Davey play with Jason?
(b) The Game of Life.
(c) Mouse Trap.
2. How old is Davey at the beginning of the story?
3. What is Jane's neighborhood referred to as?
(a) Bathtub Row.
(b) Shower Row.
(c) Outhouse Row.
(d) Plunger Row.
4. What does Davey tell the man in the canyon that her name is?
5. What is the name of Davey's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the family is in New Mexico, who stops making progress in recovering?
2. What is the name of Davey's brother?
3. How does Davey tell Jane that her father died?
4. Which of the following activities would Walter and Bitsy never consider doing?
5. Who owns the car that Davey and her friends sit in when they go out?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Davey lie to Jane about the way her father died?
2. Describe how Davey shows her loss of connection with others.
3. How does Atlantic City compare to Santa Fe?
4. How does Davey indicate that she is a dreamer?
5. There is comic relief in Chapter 24 when Jason makes a joke about the reason he gets out of bed in the morning. Why is this scene significant in the story?
6. How does Davey show that she wants closeness and intimacy?
7. Why is Gwen a bad example of support for Davey?
8. How is singing a part of foreshadowing for Davey's progress?
9. What is Davey afraid of and how does she show it?
10. How does Davey's ride to the canyon represent her growth in strength?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)