|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weekly newspaper called that Davey is in?
(a) The Enquirer.
(b) The Tabloid.
(c) The Star.
(d) The Monitor.
2. After Mr. Ortiz dies, who does Davey unintentionally take her frustration out on?
3. What does Bitsy want Davey to wear at Walter's concert?
(a) A skirt.
(b) Black pants.
(c) High heeled shoes.
(d) A dress.
4. When Mr. Ortiz dies, who leaves Davey an envelope?
(b) Mr. Ortiz's nurse.
(c) Mr. Ortiz's wife.
5. What is the name of Davey's Spanish teacher?
(a) Mrs. Ortiz.
(b) Mr. Valsex.
(c) Ms. Lobo.
(d) Mr. Gonzales.
6. What does Davey enjoy the sound of in Chapter 40?
(a) Children crying out.
(b) Ocean waves.
(c) A crying baby.
(d) Birds cawing.
7. According to Davey, who makes the decisions for Gwen?
(c) Bitsy and Walter.
8. What holiday does Davey want to celebrate along with Christmas?
(b) New Year's.
9. Where does Jason say he does not feel safe?
(b) Santa Fe.
(c) Atlantic City.
(d) Los Alamos.
10. What does Davey put in the brown paper bag when she is in Los Alamos?
(a) A shirt.
(b) A gun.
(d) A bread knife.
11. Who does Davey write letters to in her room?
(a) Her father.
(b) Mr. Ortiz.
12. In what season does Davey anticipate she will see Wolf again?
13. What is the translation of the Spanish phrase that Wolf tells Davey to describe when he will see her again?
(a) When the wolves howl.
(b) When the tigers prowl.
(c) When the lizards run.
(d) When the moths circle.
14. What game do Walter and Bitsy play at their friend's house?
15. Who wants Gwen and the kids to stay in Los Alamos the most?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Davey hope that Hugh and Leyana will see in her at the end of the book?
2. Who apologizes to Davey in Chapter 30?
3. Who does Walter insult when he talks about Davey's grades?
4. What does Gwen give Davey for her birthday?
5. How many candlewicks are on the candle Davey buys to represent her father?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)