Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
• Davey's dad is killed by robbers at the 7-Eleven he owns in Atlantic City, NJ.
• Davey and her family attend her father's funeral, where Davey stands next to her Aunt Bitsy and Uncle Walter.
• Davey is visited by her best friend, Lenaya and they read newspaper articles about her father's death.
Chapter 3 | Chapter 4
• Davey's family continues grieving by doing little things like leaving all the lights on in the house.
• Aunt Bitsy and Uncle Walter stay for 10 days.
Chapter 5 | Chapter 6
• Hugh comes to visit Davey, and cries when he takes her to the beach.
• Davey thinks about her parents and her birth.
• Hugh tries to kiss her but she doesn't kiss him back.
• Davey goes to school on the first day of high school but passes out 3 days in a row.
• Dr. Foster tells Davey a change in environment would be beneficial..
• The family gets on...
This section contains 1,413 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)