|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not mentioned in the letter regarding the need for ships?
2. Which word is used to refer to a small piece of gold?
3. Telamon believed that these things were offenses against ____.
(b) The King.
4. How long did it take the narrator to reach Lacedaemon?
(a) Eight months.
(b) Ten months.
(c) Six months.
(d) Four months.
5. How old was the man that referred to Alcibiades as a treasonous villain?
Short Answer Questions
1. It is said that seamen are not equipped for which type of warfare?
2. Which of the following abounded in Thrace, despite harsh weather?
3. The narrator and his wife attended which cultural event?
4. Boldness is impatient. ____ is long-suffering.
5. Which term is used to describe the Spartans' navigator?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alcibiades react to Lysander's answer? What happens during the next battle?
2. What causes Alcibiades to become injured? How does the injury damage his reputation as a leader?
3. What happens when Polemides is left behind? What dangerous step does Polemides take?
4. Examine Alcibiades' weakness regarding women.
5. Discuss Alcibiades' return to power in Athens.
6. Polemides shows a completely different side when it comes to his family. Examine Polemides' familial ties.
7. Discuss the scene between Jason and Polemides in the cell. What does Polemides show to Jason?
8. What happens when Alcibiades returns to Athens?
9. Examine the circumstances under which Alcibiades is named as Athens' dictator. What is Alcibiades' reaction?
10. Where is Alcibiades at this time? What are his plans? What is the reaction of Polemides?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)