|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There were ____ Odrysian brothers?
2. Thrasylubus refers to Alcibiades as a _____.
(a) Cunning soldier.
(b) Honorable man.
3. Which word is used to describe the glass in Chapter 36?
(d) Disrefracting .
4. Which beverage was brought to Polemides in his cell?
5. Who is referred to as the Cat's Eye?
Short Answer Questions
1. When in the pavilions of the Persians, the narrator was affected by which strong emotion?
2. Which of the following was not on the list to protect Alcibiades aboard the ship?
3. In which school subject was Alcibiades "abominable"?
4. Approximately how many lawsuits were filed?
5. How old was the man that referred to Alcibiades as a treasonous villain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Polemides at this time? Where is he reassigned?
2. Discuss the offers of escape for Socrates and Polemides.
3. Discuss the issues faced by Polemides n Chapter XXV. Where is Polemides' destination?
4. What is the reaction of the people when they hear Alcibiades' speech? What are the thoughts of Lysander and the elders?
5. What causes Alcibiades to become injured? How does the injury damage his reputation as a leader?
6. How does Alcibiades react to Lysander's answer? What happens during the next battle?
7. How does Persia's support of Sparta cause problems with Athens?
8. Alcibiades devises a plan to turn against Persia. What is the plan? Who else must be involved for the plan to be successful?
9. What is Endius' opinion of Alcibiades' leadership in comparison to the leadership of Lysander?
10. Discuss the conversation between Jason and Eunice.
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)