|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Museum stood under a statue of which of the following?
2. What is the name of the girl Polemides married?
3. Finish this phrase: "Who stubs his toe upon the ___."
(a) Skull of the enemy.
(b) Rock of Gibraltar.
4. Which of the following was not on the list of things Telamon most abhorred?
(a) Love of country.
5. Telamon believed that these things were offenses against ____.
(d) The King.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was most feared by Alcibiades?
2. Which of the following abounded in Thrace, despite harsh weather?
3. There were ____ Odrysian brothers?
4. What is the name of the place where Endius' horses were kept?
5. Telamon arrived at Road's Turn bearing wine and which grain?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the situation between Alcibiades, Polemides, and Lysander. What does Lysander say about Alcibiades future?
2. Discuss the reaction of the people upon Alcibiades' departure. What did the Athenians do to prevent corruption of power?
3. What is the reaction of the people when they hear Alcibiades' speech? What are the thoughts of Lysander and the elders?
4. What happens when Alcibiades returns to Athens?
5. What causes Alcibiades to become injured? How does the injury damage his reputation as a leader?
6. Discuss Alcibiades' return to power in Athens.
7. Discuss the conversation between Jason and Eunice.
8. How does Persia's support of Sparta cause problems with Athens?
9. Lysander instructs Polemides and Telamon to be present at his speech the following day. Where is the speech held? What are the contents of Lysander's message?
10. Discuss the scene between Jason and Polemides in the cell. What does Polemides show to Jason?
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)