|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the man that referred to Alcibiades as a treasonous villain?
2. Which group does not fear God; it seeks to be God?
3. The narrator and his wife attended which cultural event?
(c) Art exhibit.
(d) Puppet show.
4. Lysander claims that his enemies possess ____.
(a) Home advantage.
5. Which of the following was not on the list to protect Alcibiades aboard the ship?
Short Answer Questions
1. A commotion from the ___ Court disrupted Polemides?
2. What is the narrator's Laconian name?
3. It is up to the commander to teach his men about arete. What is arete?
4. The Museum stood under a statue of which of the following?
5. Thrasylubus refers to Alcibiades as a _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Persia's support of Sparta cause problems with Athens?
2. What happens when Polemides is left behind? What dangerous step does Polemides take?
3. Discuss how Alcibiades' enemies try to get to him through his friends.
4. Describe the situation between Alcibiades, Polemides, and Lysander. What does Lysander say about Alcibiades future?
5. What causes Alcibiades to become injured? How does the injury damage his reputation as a leader?
6. Discuss Alcibiades' return to power in Athens.
7. How does Alcibiades react to Lysander's answer? What happens during the next battle?
8. Discuss the reaction of the people upon Alcibiades' departure. What did the Athenians do to prevent corruption of power?
9. Examine the circumstances under which Alcibiades is named as Athens' dictator. What is Alcibiades' reaction?
10. Discuss the conversation between Jason and Eunice.
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)