|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was not on the list of things Telamon most abhorred?
(c) Love of country.
2. It is up to the commander to teach his men about arete. What is arete?
3. Myrtilus was a part of the extreme wing of which political group?
(a) Congress of the Athenians.
(b) House the Virtuous.
(c) Politicia Verity.
(d) Party of the Good and True.
4. Which of the following was most feared by Alcibiades?
5. What type of poison did Socrates drink?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was not on the list to protect Alcibiades aboard the ship?
2. Chapter 35 mentions the existence of which of the seven deadly sins?
3. In Chapter XLIV, Polemides is referred to as being which of the following?
4. Telamon lectured on which of the following?
5. The narrator and his wife attended which cultural event?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the issues faced by Polemides n Chapter XXV. Where is Polemides' destination?
2. What causes Alcibiades to become injured? How does the injury damage his reputation as a leader?
3. What is the reaction of the people when they hear Alcibiades' speech? What are the thoughts of Lysander and the elders?
4. Discuss the scene in which Polemides attends the speech made by Alcibiades. What is the content of the speech?
5. Discuss the reaction of the people upon Alcibiades' departure. What did the Athenians do to prevent corruption of power?
6. What happens to Polemides at this time? Where is he reassigned?
7. Alcibiades devises a plan to turn against Persia. What is the plan? Who else must be involved for the plan to be successful?
8. What is Endius' opinion of Alcibiades' leadership in comparison to the leadership of Lysander?
9. Examine the circumstances under which Alcibiades is named as Athens' dictator. What is Alcibiades' reaction?
10. Discuss the offers of escape for Socrates and Polemides.
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)