|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which school subject was Alcibiades "abominable"?
2. What does Lysander refer to as a "solitary god?"
3. Alcibiades writes: "Man's predicament is that he dwells at the intersection of necessity and ____."
(c) Free will.
4. What is the narrator's Laconian name?
5. The narrator and his wife attended which cultural event?
(a) Puppet show.
(d) Art exhibit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lysander claims that his enemies possess ____.
2. Chapter 35 mentions the existence of which of the seven deadly sins?
3. How many were in the group?
4. The sailors of Athens were drawing ___ obols?
5. In Chapter XLIV, Polemides is referred to as being which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the conversation between Jason and Eunice.
2. Discuss Alcibiades' return to power in Athens.
3. Describe the situation between Alcibiades, Polemides, and Lysander. What does Lysander say about Alcibiades future?
4. Examine the circumstances under which Alcibiades is named as Athens' dictator. What is Alcibiades' reaction?
5. Discuss the scene in which Polemides attends the speech made by Alcibiades. What is the content of the speech?
6. What happens when Polemides is left behind? What dangerous step does Polemides take?
7. Polemides shows a completely different side when it comes to his family. Examine Polemides' familial ties.
8. How does Persia's support of Sparta cause problems with Athens?
9. Discuss how Alcibiades' enemies try to get to him through his friends.
10. Discuss the scene between Jason and Polemides in the cell. What does Polemides show to Jason?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)