|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many vessels sailed to Alcyone?
2. Myrtilus was a part of the extreme wing of which political group?
(a) Party of the Good and True.
(b) Politicia Verity.
(c) House the Virtuous.
(d) Congress of the Athenians.
3. What is it called when a crew turns against the ship's officer(s)?
4. How many were in the group?
5. Alcibiades was replaced by a group of _____.
(b) Average citizens.
Short Answer Questions
1. A commotion from the ___ Court disrupted Polemides?
2. When in the pavilions of the Persians, the narrator was affected by which strong emotion?
3. Polemides could not return home lest he face a charge of _____.
4. Who are Myron and Lado?
5. Thrasylubus refers to Alcibiades as a _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alcibiades react to Lysander's answer? What happens during the next battle?
2. Discuss Alcibiades' return to power in Athens.
3. Polemides shows a completely different side when it comes to his family. Examine Polemides' familial ties.
4. What happens when Alcibiades returns to Athens?
5. Lysander instructs Polemides and Telamon to be present at his speech the following day. Where is the speech held? What are the contents of Lysander's message?
6. Discuss the offers of escape for Socrates and Polemides.
7. Discuss the reaction of the people upon Alcibiades' departure. What did the Athenians do to prevent corruption of power?
8. Discuss how Alcibiades' enemies try to get to him through his friends.
9. How does Persia's support of Sparta cause problems with Athens?
10. Alcibiades devises a plan to turn against Persia. What is the plan? Who else must be involved for the plan to be successful?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)