|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Alcibiades' enemy in Athens?
2. Antalcidas tells Lysander that he has taken ____ to new heights.
3. Chapter 35 mentions the existence of which of the seven deadly sins?
4. How many were in the group?
5. Which of the following was not on the list of things Telamon most abhorred?
(c) Love of country.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter XLIV, Polemides is referred to as being which of the following?
2. Which term is used to describe the Spartans' navigator?
3. What is a "hetairai"?
4. Finish this phrase: "Who stubs his toe upon the ___."
5. Alcibiades actions caused him to become a(n) _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the situation between Alcibiades, Polemides, and Lysander. What does Lysander say about Alcibiades future?
2. What is the reaction of the people when they hear Alcibiades' speech? What are the thoughts of Lysander and the elders?
3. Lysander instructs Polemides and Telamon to be present at his speech the following day. Where is the speech held? What are the contents of Lysander's message?
4. How does Alcibiades react to Lysander's answer? What happens during the next battle?
5. Discuss the scene in which Polemides attends the speech made by Alcibiades. What is the content of the speech?
6. Alcibiades devises a plan to turn against Persia. What is the plan? Who else must be involved for the plan to be successful?
7. Discuss the offers of escape for Socrates and Polemides.
8. What causes Alcibiades to become injured? How does the injury damage his reputation as a leader?
9. Discuss the issues faced by Polemides n Chapter XXV. Where is Polemides' destination?
10. Discuss how Alcibiades' enemies try to get to him through his friends.
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)