|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is up to the commander to teach his men about arete. What is arete?
2. What color was worn by Polemides at that time?
3. Who are Myron and Lado?
4. Alcibiades was replaced by a group of _____.
(a) Average citizens.
5. Polemides could not return home lest he face a charge of _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of poison did Eunice use to kill the baby?
2. Which of the following is not mentioned in the letter regarding the need for ships?
3. Lysander claims that his enemies possess ____.
4. Finish this phrase: "Who stubs his toe upon the ___."
5. What was allegedly placed under the Stone Mounds?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the scene in which Polemides attends the speech made by Alcibiades. What is the content of the speech?
2. Examine the circumstances under which Alcibiades is named as Athens' dictator. What is Alcibiades' reaction?
3. Discuss the scene between Jason and Polemides in the cell. What does Polemides show to Jason?
4. What is Endius' opinion of Alcibiades' leadership in comparison to the leadership of Lysander?
5. Discuss the reaction of the people upon Alcibiades' departure. What did the Athenians do to prevent corruption of power?
6. What causes Alcibiades to become injured? How does the injury damage his reputation as a leader?
7. Discuss how Alcibiades' enemies try to get to him through his friends.
8. Describe the situation between Alcibiades, Polemides, and Lysander. What does Lysander say about Alcibiades future?
9. How does Persia's support of Sparta cause problems with Athens?
10. What happens when Alcibiades returns to Athens?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)