|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the man that referred to Alcibiades as a treasonous villain?
2. The Museum stood under a statue of which of the following?
3. Boldness is impatient. ____ is long-suffering.
4. What fruit was Eunice eating during this conversation?
5. The narrator talks about a large festival held in the honor of which mythical figure?
Short Answer Questions
1. It is said that seamen are not equipped for which type of warfare?
2. Telamon lectured on which of the following?
3. In Chapter XLIV, Polemides is referred to as being which of the following?
4. Which of the following was not on the list to protect Alcibiades aboard the ship?
5. Polemides could not return home lest he face a charge of _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Examine the circumstances under which Alcibiades is named as Athens' dictator. What is Alcibiades' reaction?
2. Where is Alcibiades at this time? What are his plans? What is the reaction of Polemides?
3. Discuss how Alcibiades' enemies try to get to him through his friends.
4. What is the reaction of the people when they hear Alcibiades' speech? What are the thoughts of Lysander and the elders?
5. Polemides shows a completely different side when it comes to his family. Examine Polemides' familial ties.
6. What happens when Polemides is left behind? What dangerous step does Polemides take?
7. Discuss the reaction of the people upon Alcibiades' departure. What did the Athenians do to prevent corruption of power?
8. Discuss Alcibiades' return to power in Athens.
9. What is Endius' opinion of Alcibiades' leadership in comparison to the leadership of Lysander?
10. Discuss the offers of escape for Socrates and Polemides.
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)