|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the place where Endius' horses were kept?
2. Alcibiades was replaced by a group of _____.
(c) Average citizens.
3. The sailors of Athens were drawing ___ obols?
4. Alcibiades writes: "Man's predicament is that he dwells at the intersection of necessity and ____."
(b) Free will.
5. Myrtilus was a part of the extreme wing of which political group?
(a) Party of the Good and True.
(b) House the Virtuous.
(c) Congress of the Athenians.
(d) Politicia Verity.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take the narrator to reach Lacedaemon?
2. Polemides was present when the people took charge of which location?
3. What does Lysander refer to as a "solitary god?"
4. Which of the following is not on the list of people that follow the mandate that Heaven reigns?
5. Chapter 35 mentions the existence of which of the seven deadly sins?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the scene in which Polemides attends the speech made by Alcibiades. What is the content of the speech?
2. What is Endius' opinion of Alcibiades' leadership in comparison to the leadership of Lysander?
3. Discuss the conversation between Jason and Eunice.
4. How does Persia's support of Sparta cause problems with Athens?
5. Examine Alcibiades' weakness regarding women.
6. Discuss the issues faced by Polemides n Chapter XXV. Where is Polemides' destination?
7. What is the reaction of the people when they hear Alcibiades' speech? What are the thoughts of Lysander and the elders?
8. Discuss the offers of escape for Socrates and Polemides.
9. Discuss the scene between Jason and Polemides in the cell. What does Polemides show to Jason?
10. Polemides shows a completely different side when it comes to his family. Examine Polemides' familial ties.
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)