|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color was worn by Polemides at that time?
2. Lysander claims that his enemies possess ____.
(c) Home advantage.
3. There was a death on which mountain?
4. It is up to the commander to teach his men about arete. What is arete?
5. The tooth of which animal was used to secure a cloak?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is/are meliades?
2. Which of the following is not mentioned in the letter regarding the need for ships?
3. Which beverage was brought to Polemides in his cell?
4. Boldness is impatient. ____ is long-suffering.
5. What was allegedly placed under the Stone Mounds?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Alcibiades at this time? What are his plans? What is the reaction of Polemides?
2. Lysander instructs Polemides and Telamon to be present at his speech the following day. Where is the speech held? What are the contents of Lysander's message?
3. What happens when Polemides is left behind? What dangerous step does Polemides take?
4. Describe the situation between Alcibiades, Polemides, and Lysander. What does Lysander say about Alcibiades future?
5. Discuss the scene in which Polemides attends the speech made by Alcibiades. What is the content of the speech?
6. What is the reaction of the people when they hear Alcibiades' speech? What are the thoughts of Lysander and the elders?
7. What causes Alcibiades to become injured? How does the injury damage his reputation as a leader?
8. How does Alcibiades react to Lysander's answer? What happens during the next battle?
9. Polemides shows a completely different side when it comes to his family. Examine Polemides' familial ties.
10. What happens after the Athenians execute their generals? What is the reaction of Sparta?
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)