|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 35 mentions the existence of which of the seven deadly sins?
2. Alcibiades was afflicted with which problem?
(c) Heart murmur.
(d) Irritable bowel syndrome.
3. Finish this phrase: "Who stubs his toe upon the ___."
(a) Rock of Gibraltar.
(c) Skull of the enemy.
4. Thrasylubus refers to Alcibiades as a _____.
(c) Cunning soldier.
(d) Honorable man.
5. Which of the following is not on the list of people that follow the mandate that Heaven reigns?
Short Answer Questions
1. The sailors of Athens were drawing ___ obols?
2. When in the pavilions of the Persians, the narrator was affected by which strong emotion?
3. How many years did the war last?
4. The narrator talks about a large festival held in the honor of which mythical figure?
5. The girl came from which region?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after the Athenians execute their generals? What is the reaction of Sparta?
2. What is Endius' opinion of Alcibiades' leadership in comparison to the leadership of Lysander?
3. Where is Alcibiades at this time? What are his plans? What is the reaction of Polemides?
4. What causes Alcibiades to become injured? How does the injury damage his reputation as a leader?
5. What happens when Alcibiades returns to Athens?
6. Discuss the conversation between Jason and Eunice.
7. Examine Alcibiades' weakness regarding women.
8. Discuss the scene between Jason and Polemides in the cell. What does Polemides show to Jason?
9. Alcibiades devises a plan to turn against Persia. What is the plan? Who else must be involved for the plan to be successful?
10. Discuss Alcibiades' return to power in Athens.
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)