|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hecuba, what also died on the same day as her warrior son?
(b) Her heart.
(d) Priam's resolve to win the war.
2. Why do the Greeks fear Hector's son?
(a) They are afraid he will grow up to be as fierce as his father.
(b) He is prophesied to kill them all.
(c) He will be the last rallying point for the Trojans.
(d) He is part god.
3. For what does Hecuba pray?
(b) Polyxena's soul.
(c) Ulysses' death.
4. What does Oedipus do to Creon at the end of the third act?
(a) He exiles him.
(b) He kills him.
(c) He imprisons him.
(d) He tortures him.
5. Who does Andromache blame for the fall of Troy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tiresias unable to do in the second act of "Oedipus"?
2. What does the old shepherd reveal to Oedipus about his parentage?
3. What is significant about Hecuba's exit at the end of the play?
4. What has happened to the Trojan widows after their army was defeated?
5. Whose priests gave Oedipus the prophecy that he will kill his father and marry his mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Greeks cry when they take Astyanax?
2. Describe the pestilence in Thebes and how it affects Oedipus.
3. Describe Hecuba's mocking of the Greeks throughout "Troades."
4. Why are the Greeks unable to leave Troy in the beginning of "Troades"?
5. Who is Hector and why is he important to the Trojans and Greeks?
6. What does Pyrrhus demand for Achilles and why?
7. Why is Creon reluctant to give Oedipus the information from Laius' ghost?
8. What do the shepherd and the messenger reveal to Oedipus about his past?
9. How and why does Jocasta commit suicide?
10. How does Ulysses trick Andromache at Hector's tomb and why?
This section contains 1,160 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)