|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Oedipus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Over what is Tantalus anguishing in the beginning of "Thyestes"?
(a) The sins of his sons.
(b) The death of his wife.
(c) His suicide.
(d) The Greek's plot against his sons.
2. How does Phaedra die?
(a) She dies from grief.
(b) Theseus kills her.
(c) Neptune's sea bull throws her in the sea.
(d) She commits suicide.
3. What does Oedipus wish upon the murderer of Jocasta's late husband?
(a) Subjection to an angry mob of Laius' subjects.
(b) His prophecy from Apollo.
(c) Torment from Hades.
4. Who was murdered before the beginning of "Oedipus"?
(a) King Priam.
(b) King Agamemnon.
(c) King Laius.
(d) King Polybus.
5. Who is Creon?
(a) Tiresias' brother.
(b) Jocasta's brother.
(c) Laius' brother.
(d) Oedipus' brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the messenger reveal that Oedipus refuses to do in the fifth act?
2. Upon what were Thyestes' sons sacrificed?
3. Why was Hippolytus trapped upon his horse before his death?
4. What news does the messenger give Oedipus in the fourth act?
5. Where does Andromache hide her son?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)