|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Oedipus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What parts of Thyestes' sons are presented to Thyestes as a gift?
(a) Their heads.
(b) Their hearts.
(c) Their livers.
(d) Their hands.
2. What message does the ghost of Jocasta's husband send?
(a) Creon is his murderer.
(b) Tiresias is his murderer.
(c) Oedipus is his murderer.
(d) Polybus is his murderer.
3. What does the messenger reveal that Oedipus refuses to do in the fifth act?
(a) Free the imprisoned Creon.
(b) Tell Jocasta the truth about their relationship.
(c) Commit suicide.
(d) Flee Thebes.
4. How does Theseus feel upon learning of his son's death?
(b) Furious at the gods.
5. Why is Creon sent away at the end of the first act of "Oedipus"?
(a) Creon is behind a rebellion to remove Oedipus from the throne.
(b) Creon must visit Delphi to learn how to end the plague.
(c) Creon will get sick if he does not leave the city.
(d) Creon is causing problems for Oedipus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to the Trojan widows after their army was defeated?
2. What false offer has Atreus apparently made to Thyestes, according to the third act of "Thyestes"?
3. What does the old shepherd reveal to Oedipus about his parentage?
4. For what does Hecuba pray?
5. Before his brother's treachery is revealed in the fifth act, what does Thyestes admit to being upset about in regards to his supposed reconciliation to Atreus?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)