|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Oedipus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What creature attacked Hippolytus?
(a) Neptune's sea bull.
(b) A Fury.
2. Where does Oedipus send Creon?
(b) The Oracle at Delphi.
(d) The Underworld.
3. In the second act of "Oedipus," what knowledge does Creon relate that will end the plague?
(a) Laius' murder must be avenged.
(b) Oedipus must make a human sacrifice to Hera.
(c) Jocasta must bear another child.
(d) Oedipus must seek out a special herb.
4. What is Atreus angry about being unable to avenge?
(a) His son's death.
(b) The pestilence deaths of his subjects.
(c) His brother's insults.
(d) His father's death.
5. Who commands Tantalus to cast his chaos upon others?
(a) The Gorgons.
(c) The Fury.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what purpose does Tiresias wish to take a particular action after he is unable to clarify the Oracle's message?
2. How does Hippolytus feel when he learns that Phaedra desires him?
3. What does the chorus sing about at the end of the first act of "Phaedra"?
4. What is the chorus in the fifth act of "Oedipus" questioning when they learn about their king's punishment?
5. What does Hippolytus prefer over social interactions?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)