|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Phaedra.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where is Thyestes traveling in the third act?
2. How does Hippolytus feel when he learns that Phaedra desires him?
3. For what reason does Phaedra dress in a particular manner in the second act?
(a) She wants to feel what Hippolytus feels when he hunts.
(b) She wishes to attract Hippolytus' attention.
(c) She is trying to remind herself what is good in her marriage.
(d) She is mourning the death of her husband.
4. Although he refuses to grant Phaedra a proper burial, what does Theseus plan to do at the end of the play?
(a) Find a new wife.
(b) Grant the innocent Hippolytus a proper burial.
(c) Pray for forgiveness.
(d) Return to the Underworld to be with his son.
5. To whom does Hippolytus pray in the preface of "Phaedra"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Theseus' first wife?
2. What is Atreus celebrating in the beginning of the fifth act of "Thyestes"?
3. In the fourth act of "Phaedra," what new character enters the play?
4. In the first act of "Thyestes," what do the Fury claim to have planned for the wrongdoers?
5. At the end of "Thyestes," what does the titular character entrust to the gods?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)