|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Phaedra.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the second act of "Phaedra," in what does the chorus hope Hippolytus will find comfort?
(a) His hunting skills.
(b) His prayers to Diana.
(c) His love of the outdoors.
(d) His beauty.
2. In what sort of garb is Phaedra's nurse dressed in the third act?
(a) Mourning garb.
(b) Wedding dress.
(c) Priestess robes.
(d) Hunting garb.
3. To whom does Hippolytus pray in the preface of "Phaedra"?
4. What parts of Thyestes' sons are presented to Thyestes as a gift?
(a) Their livers.
(b) Their heads.
(c) Their hands.
(d) Their hearts.
5. What is Atreus celebrating in the beginning of the fifth act of "Thyestes"?
(a) His son's birthday.
(b) His reconciliation with his brother.
(c) His brother's marriage.
(d) His triumph over his brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hippolytus prefer over social interactions?
2. In what state is Tantalus in the first act of "Thyestes"?
3. How does Hippolytus feel when he learns that Phaedra desires him?
4. What does Phaedra's nurse lament in the beginning of the second act?
5. Who is the father of Tantulus?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)