|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Phaedra.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Atreus give for hating the three boys?
(a) The boys tormented Atreus' sons.
(b) Atreus was in love with their mother.
(c) They are his brother's sons.
(d) They could change the tide of favor against Atreus.
2. Which character in "Thyestes" is decapitated?
3. How does Hippolytus feel when he learns that Phaedra desires him?
4. What is the station of Theseus' first wife?
(a) Princess of Troy.
(b) Queen of the Amazons.
(c) Queen of Sparta.
(d) Queen of Thebes.
5. At the end of the second act of "Phaedra," in what does the chorus hope Hippolytus will find comfort?
(a) His prayers to Diana.
(b) His beauty.
(c) His hunting skills.
(d) His love of the outdoors.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the preface of "Phaedra," what is Hippolytus organizing?
2. How does Atreus justify his wicked plans against his brother?
3. To whom do Thyestes and Atreus drink a toast in the fifth act of "Thyestes"?
4. How does Phaedra respond when Theseus demands to know why she is apparently suicidal?
5. Who is Theseus' first wife?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)