|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thyestes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where is Thyestes traveling in the third act?
2. In the second act of "Thyestes," how does Atreus plan to wreak vengeance against his brother?
(a) Thyestes will be dragged to death by his horses.
(b) Thyestes will be burned alive.
(c) Thyestes will be tricked into eating his own children.
(d) Thyestes will be blinded.
3. Who commands Tantalus to cast his chaos upon others?
(b) The Fury.
(c) The Gorgons.
4. Who did Tantalus serve as a meal to the gods?
5. In the first act of "Thyestes," why does Tantalus initially refuse to unleash chaos?
(a) He does not believe in his capabilities to be cruel.
(b) He does not believe they deserve to be punished.
(c) He does not wish to be punished by Zeus.
(d) He is not meant to abet punishment on others.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Atreus do to his nephews' bodies?
2. Who is the father of Tantulus?
3. How does Atreus protect his sons from sharing the blame for his plot against Thyestes?
4. At the end of "Thyestes," what does the titular character entrust to the gods?
5. What fate awaits the children of Thyestes?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)