|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Octavia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the station of Theseus' first wife?
(a) Queen of Sparta.
(b) Princess of Troy.
(c) Queen of the Amazons.
(d) Queen of Thebes.
2. According to Seneca in the second act of "Octavia," where was Seneca happiest?
(a) As a mentor to Nero's children.
(b) As a priest in Jove's temple.
(c) In court as Nero's advisor.
(d) In exile.
3. According to Talthybius, what did a prophet witness that suggests the sea mourns for Achilles?
(a) The sea has grown turbulent.
(b) The earth split into two.
(c) An animal fell into the rocks.
(d) A tree fell in a storm.
4. What is the only reason that Creon reveals the information he gained from Tiresias after summoning the ghost?
(a) Oedipus begs him to help him end the plague.
(b) Oedipus threatens him.
(c) He accidentally told the messenger while Oedipus was within hearing.
(d) If the plague is not ended, his sister will be the next to die.
5. How does Hippolytus feel when he learns that Phaedra desires him?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first act of "Thyestes," what do the Fury claim to have planned for the wrongdoers?
2. According to Hecuba, what also died on the same day as her warrior son?
3. For what does Hecuba pray?
4. Who kills Polyxena?
5. Who is Theseus' first wife?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)