|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Octavia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Overall, why are the subjects and chorus loyal to Octavia?
(a) Octavia brought blessings from the gods to Rome.
(b) She is the actual heir to the throne, not Nero.
(c) Octavia is the daughter of their ally, the king of Corinth.
(d) Octavia is well-liked by the subjects.
2. How does Hippolytus feel when he learns that Phaedra desires him?
3. What happened when Polyxena was sacrificed in honor of Achilles?
(a) The tomb soaked up her blood.
(b) Her body was taken away by Apollo.
(c) The gods cried out that she would be avenged.
(d) The land went silent.
4. What is Tiresias' occupation?
5. What does the chorus sing about at the end of the first act of "Phaedra"?
(a) They sing about Aphrodite's influence over Phaedra.
(b) They sing about the unnatural love Phaedra has for Hippolytus.
(c) They sing about the transcendent nature of death.
(d) They sing about how every living creatures will surrender to love eventually.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Atreus protect his sons from sharing the blame for his plot against Thyestes?
2. How does Jocasta kill herself?
3. What does Nero plan to do with the remaining protesters who have rebelled against his marriage in the last part of "Octavia"?
4. How does Phaedra respond when Theseus demands to know why she is apparently suicidal?
5. Why is Pyrrhus angry at Agamemnon?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)