|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Oedipus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Agamemnon claim as being forbidden, due to shame and honor?
(a) Dishonoring the graves of the fallen Trojans.
(b) Claiming the Trojan women as concubines.
(c) Sacrificing a maiden for Achilles.
(d) Abandoning their dead warriors.
2. At the start of "Phaedra," where is Theseus?
(b) The Underworld.
(c) Mount Olympus.
3. Because of the plague, what does Oedipus consider doing because he is unable to stop it in the first act of the play?
(a) Abdicate the throne.
(b) Leave Thebes.
(c) Sacrifice himself to Zeus.
(d) Raise the ghost of the murdered king.
4. What happened when Polyxena was sacrificed in honor of Achilles?
(a) The gods cried out that she would be avenged.
(b) The tomb soaked up her blood.
(c) Her body was taken away by Apollo.
(d) The land went silent.
5. Although he refuses to grant Phaedra a proper burial, what does Theseus plan to do at the end of the play?
(a) Return to the Underworld to be with his son.
(b) Grant the innocent Hippolytus a proper burial.
(c) Pray for forgiveness.
(d) Find a new wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Creon sent away at the end of the first act of "Oedipus"?
2. How does Phaedra die?
3. What course of action does Tiresias propose he take in order to help avenge the king's murder?
4. What deception must Helen play on Polyxena?
5. About what does a Trojan elder instruct Andromache to lie?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)