|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Oedipus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the messenger reveal to Oedipus about his past?
(a) Oedipus' mother is Jocasta.
(b) Oedipus has no royal blood.
(c) The messenger is Oedipus' father.
(d) Oedipus was adopted.
2. How does Oedipus punish himself at the end of the play?
(a) He sacrifices himself to Zeus to end the plague.
(b) He cuts off his hands.
(c) He tears out his eyes.
(d) He kills himself.
3. What is plaguing Thebes?
(d) The Greeks.
4. What does Agamemnon claim about Achilles' behavior during battle?
(a) He won the war for them.
(b) He was a coward.
(c) He helped the Trojans whenever the Greeks angered him.
(d) He killed people on both sides of the battle.
5. Why is Pyrrhus angry at Agamemnon?
(a) Agamemnon refuses to accept responsibility for Achilles' death.
(b) Agamemnon refuses to acknowledge Pyrrhus as a warrior.
(c) Agamemnon has not sacrificed a maiden in honor Achilles.
(d) Agamemnon refuses to take the Trojan women captive.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hippolytus feel when he learns that Phaedra desires him?
2. What does Hecuba tell the chorus they must not do in regards to Priam?
3. How did Astyanax's bravery affect Ulysses and the Greeks?
4. Upon what did Hippolytus' horses run when escaping the attacking creature?
5. According to Talthybius, what did a prophet witness that suggests the sea mourns for Achilles?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)