|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Oedipus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does the messenger in the fourth act come in "Oedipus"?
2. What creature attacked Hippolytus?
(a) A Fury.
(b) Neptune's sea bull.
3. How does Theseus feel upon learning of his son's death?
(a) Furious at the gods.
4. How does Jocasta kill herself?
(a) She throws herself out of a tower.
(b) Oedipus' sword.
(c) She hangs herself.
5. What deception must Helen play on Polyxena?
(a) Helen must talk Polyxena into committing.
(b) Helen must suggest Polyxena pray to the wrong god so that she becomes cursed.
(c) Helen must lure Polyxena to be sacrificed under guise of a wedding.
(d) Helen is going to switch places with Polyxena to escape her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Hecuba pray?
2. For what purpose does Tiresias wish to take a particular action after he is unable to clarify the Oracle's message?
3. According to Andromache, what is the worst fate for a Trojan woman?
4. In the second act of "Oedipus," what knowledge does Creon relate that will end the plague?
5. Who was murdered before the beginning of "Oedipus"?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)