|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the creature Spike is trying to recapture?
2. What well does Thursday learn about in Chapter 26?
3. What is the subject of the censored news story Thursday sees on the television?
4. What is Thursday doing at the end of Chapter 32?
5. Who comes to pick up Miles's clothing from Thursday's apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Thursday's performance review go?
2. How is Thursday rescued from the vault at Goliath's facility?
3. What is Thursday's first assignment?
4. What do Thursday and Bowden discuss after Thursday's performance review? What advice does he give her?
5. What happens when Thursday goes to the Goliath Research and Development Facility in Chapter 28?
6. Where does Thursday go in Sense and Sensibility in Chapter 25? Why?
7. Where does Miss Havisham want to go after Thursday's hearing? How does Thursday get herself and Miss Havisham back to the real world?
8. What do Thursday and Flanker discuss after Thursday's performance review?
9. What is the role of Jurisfiction?
10. Explain what happens at the Jurisfiction meeting.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Jurisfiction. What role does it play in the story?
Essay Topic 2
What is a motif? Identify at least one motif in Lost in a Good Book, explaining how Fforde weaves the motif into the story.
Essay Topic 3
What is a literary allusion? How does Fforde use allusion in Lost in a Good Book? Is it effective?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)