|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What political party is Yorrick Kaine associated with?
2. Which of the following is the real condition that Goliath did NOT agree to for rescuing Schitt from "The Raven"?
3. Who arrives at Thursday's apartment in Chapter 31 with guests to entertain?
4. What well does Thursday learn about in Chapter 26?
5. How many days are left until the end of the world in Chapter 27?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Thursday talk to Landen in Chapter 27? What do they talk about?
2. Why does Miss Havisham end Thursday's apprenticeship? What does Thursday do to get it back?
3. What does Cordelia tell Thursday at the beginning of Chapter 31? Why is Cordelia at Thursday's apartment?
4. What does Volescamper tell Thursday about his Cardenio? Why is this significant?
5. Who is Miss Havisham battling at the book sale? For what?
6. How does Thursday's performance review go?
7. What happens when Thursday goes to the Goliath Research and Development Facility in Chapter 28?
8. What do Thursday and Bowden discuss after Thursday's performance review? What advice does he give her?
9. Explain what happens at the Jurisfiction meeting.
10. Where does Thursday go in Sense and Sensibility in Chapter 25? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is an ambiguous ending? Why is it controversial? What specific elements of Lost in a Good Book give it an ambiguous ending?
Essay Topic 2
Define pacing. Explain how the pacing of Lost in a Good Book changes in relation to the events in the story.
Essay Topic 3
Define suspense, giving at least two examples of suspense in Lost in a Good Book to illustrate your definition.
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)