|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Thursday able to talk to Landen?
2. Where in Great Expectations does Thursday find Miss Havisham in Chapter 17?
3. Where does Miss Havisham want to go in Chapter 19?
4. Under what condition does Cordelia help Thursday leave her apartment undetected?
5. How is Thursday's mother helping with Joffy's art exhibition?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Thursday's performance review go?
2. What does Thursday find out from Wilbur at the end of Chapter 32?
3. How is Thursday rescued from the vault at Goliath's facility?
4. What does Thursday discover about the recent coincidences in her life by talking to Landen?
5. What does the analysis of the pink slime reveal in Chapter 20?
6. Who does Thursday tell about her rescue? What does she learn about it?
7. What do Thursday and Flanker discuss after Thursday's performance review?
8. What do Thursday and Bowden discuss after Thursday's performance review? What advice does he give her?
9. Who is Miss Havisham battling at the book sale? For what?
10. What happens when Thursday goes to the Goliath Research and Development Facility in Chapter 28?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define suspense, giving at least two examples of suspense in Lost in a Good Book to illustrate your definition.
Essay Topic 2
What literary elements does Fforde change the use for in Lost in a Good Book? How does he change their uses?
Essay Topic 3
Define point of view, and explain its importance in a story. What point of view is Lost in a Good Book?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)