|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of the men in the car following Thursday?
2. Where is Landon supposed to meet Thursday after her hearing?
3. What department is the agent from that Thursday meets in Chapter 11?
4. What is Thursday charged with, according to the man sitting next to her on the Gravitube?
5. What do the passengers all have in common?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the black Pontiac from Chapter 3.
2. Why is Thursday a celebrity at the beginning of the book?
3. Who sits next to Thursday on the Deep Drop in Chapter 14? What does she learn from him?
4. Why does Thursday's interview with Adrian Lush not go well?
5. What consequence of Thursday's appearance on the Adrian Lush Show does she find out about in Chapter 6? Where is she when she finds out?
6. Who is Cordelia Flakk? What does she want from Thursday?
7. What does Thursday think her hearing at SpecOps is about? What is it really about?
8. What happens when Thursday and Landon are on a picnic together in Chapter 7?
9. Explain the voice in Thursday's head in Chapter 2.
10. What happens when Thursday gets to Mrs. Nakajima's apartment? How does she escape?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define puns, and explain their role in literature. Include some examples from Lost in a Good Book.
Essay Topic 2
What is a motif? Identify at least one motif in Lost in a Good Book, explaining how Fforde weaves the motif into the story.
Essay Topic 3
What literary elements does Fforde change the use for in Lost in a Good Book? How does he change their uses?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)