|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Thursday tell Pickwick she is going in Chapter 13?
2. Where does Thursday awaken at the beginning of Chapter 5?
3. What are the names of the men in the car following Thursday?
4. What does Thursday discover is evolving from her appearance on the Adrian Lush Show?
5. Who is Thursday's publicist?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is driving the Skyrail Thursday boards in Chapter 4? What is significant about him?
2. Explain the exchange between Thursday and her landlord in Chapter 12. What does this exchange reveal about Thursday?
3. What happens when Thursday and Landon are on a picnic together in Chapter 7?
4. What happens when Thursday gets to Mrs. Nakajima's apartment? How does she escape?
5. What warning does Granny Next give Thursday about Landon's eradication?
6. How does Thursday change events on the Skyrail in Chapter 4a?
7. Why does Thursday's interview with Adrian Lush not go well?
8. How do Thursday and her father change the events at Marlborough Downs?
9. What consequence of Thursday's appearance on the Adrian Lush Show does she find out about in Chapter 6? Where is she when she finds out?
10. Why is Thursday a celebrity at the beginning of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is a literary allusion? How does Fforde use allusion in Lost in a Good Book? Is it effective?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the relationship between Thursday Next and her father.
Essay Topic 3
What is a motif? Identify at least one motif in Lost in a Good Book, explaining how Fforde weaves the motif into the story.
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)