|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last date SpecOps has communications?
2. Why did the agents Thursday encounters at the beginning of Chapter 8 need information from her?
3. Who is the key to saving humanity?
4. Where is Thursday when she returns from Chapter 5?
5. Who is Thursday's publicist?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Cordelia Flakk? What does she want from Thursday?
2. Who is Hades? What is his significance to Thursday?
3. What does the Verse Meter Analysis reveal about Cardenio in Chapter 4a? Why is this significant?
4. What consequence of Thursday's appearance on the Adrian Lush Show does she find out about in Chapter 6? Where is she when she finds out?
5. How does the hostage situation on the Skyrail play out?
6. How do Thursday and her father change the events at Marlborough Downs?
7. How does Thursday change events on the Skyrail in Chapter 4a?
8. What coincidental events happen at the end of Chapter 3?
9. Who is Spike? What is his role in SpecOps?
10. Who is driving the Skyrail Thursday boards in Chapter 4? What is significant about him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define pacing. Explain how the pacing of Lost in a Good Book changes in relation to the events in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Define point of view, and explain its importance in a story. What point of view is Lost in a Good Book?
Essay Topic 3
What is irony? How is it used in literature? How does Fforde use irony in Lost in a Good Book?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)