|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Thursday report for work in Chapter 14?
2. Who is with Thursday when she awakens?
3. What are the names of the men in the car following Thursday?
4. What does Thursday do when she boards the Skyrail in Chapter 4a?
5. Who opens the door at Thursday's house in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the exchange between Thursday and her landlord in Chapter 12. What does this exchange reveal about Thursday?
2. What does Thursday decide to do in Chapter 10? What does she learn from Bowden?
3. Who is Miss Havisham? What is her significance to Thursday?
4. Who sits next to Thursday on the Deep Drop in Chapter 14? What does she learn from him?
5. What is an entroposcope? What prompts Mycroft to give one to Thursday?
6. Why does Thursday's interview with Adrian Lush not go well?
7. How does the hostage situation on the Skyrail play out?
8. Why is Thursday a celebrity at the beginning of the book?
9. What consequence of Thursday's appearance on the Adrian Lush Show does she find out about in Chapter 6? Where is she when she finds out?
10. Explain what Thursday's father tells her about in Chapter 5 when they are at Marlborough Downs.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain story arc, and identify the events in Lost in a Good Book for each element of a story arc.
Essay Topic 2
What is a theme of Lost in a Good Book? Be sure to include a definition of theme in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is a motif? Identify at least one motif in Lost in a Good Book, explaining how Fforde weaves the motif into the story.
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)