• Lost in a Good Book is the second book in the Thursday Next series by Jasper Fforde.
• Thursday Next, the narrator and protagonist, is employed as a Literary Detective in Special Operations (SpecOps) in Swindon.
• At the start of the book, Thursday is a celebrity because of her last case, in which she changed the ending of Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre. As a result, she appears on the Adrian Lush Show in Chapter 1 to interview about the "rebookment" of Jane Eyre.
• On the show, Thursday and Adrian are severely limited in what they can discuss because they're not allowed to say that the ending of the book is an improvement or anything against the Goliath Corporation, which owns both the Literary Detectives and the television network.
• The interview is awkward because they have trouble finding things they can talk about.
• Chapter 2 explains the purpose of SpecOps...
This section contains 3,870 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)