|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is washed away with the water?
2. What question does Black ask Sloane that she refuses to answer?
(a) Are you going to leave with the group?
(b) Are you angry with me?
(c) Do you still want me?
(d) Are you interested in Aragon?
3. What is John's last act of kindness to Nora?
(a) He gives her a piece of pottery.
(b) He sees her back to the marina at Page.
(c) He takes her to his village.
(d) He takes her and Skip and Bill to her father's final resting place.
4. After Nora runs from Sloane and the threat of her gun, what does Sloane wonder?
(a) What she should do.
(b) Where Swire and Bonarotti were.
(c) How much time she had left.
(d) Where Nora would go.
5. Where did they wait out the flood waters?
(a) In a cave in the slot canyon.
(b) On the outside of the slot canyon.
(c) On a ledge in the slot canyon.
(d) In a crawlspace in the slot canyon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nora do after making sure that Bill is okay?
2. What does Beiyoodzin hope to do?
3. What is the nightmare that Black had as a child?
4. What does the helicopter unload?
5. What does Nora realize as she berates her for entering the Kiva?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sloane conceal from Nora and how does Black react?
2. What two things do the skinwalkers do when they go into Chilbah valley in Chapter 36?
3. How does the rescue effort manifest itself at the marina in Page?
4. What happens to Roscoe after the rest of the group heads for the Kiva opening?
5. Bonarotti sits outside after breaking through the seals to the Sun Kiva to have a cigarette and has trouble remembering what?
6. What surprises Sloane after she kills the skinwalker that chases her and Nora up the tower ladders?
7. How does Sloane test Nora's authority yet again?
8. What do the designs on the black on yellow micaceous pottery reveal?
9. What had Sloane's father surmised regarding the few small shards of black on yellow micaceous pottery he had been able to study?
10. Why is Swire angry when Nora and Bill return to Quivira?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)