|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sloane confess in the tower?
(a) That she wanted to shoot her.
(b) That she was involved with Black.
(c) That she was fearful.
(d) That she and Black saw the storm coming.
2. Why had the Anasazi built the tower?
(a) For defense.
(b) To hold grain.
(c) To hide in.
(d) To contain valuables.
3. What does Sloane do instead of getting medicine for Black?
(a) She looks for Swire.
(b) She waits with a gun for Nora in Bill's tent.
(c) She looks for Bonarotti.
(d) She makes coffee.
4. What do the skinwalkers do in their attack?
(a) Kidnap and gut.
(b) Blind and terrorize.
(c) Sprinkle corpse powder
(d) Use a throwing disk.
5. Where did they wait out the flood waters?
(a) On the outside of the slot canyon.
(b) On a ledge in the slot canyon.
(c) In a crawlspace in the slot canyon.
(d) In a cave in the slot canyon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a calvarium?
2. What does John discover about the Priest's trail?
3. What does Nora notice about Sloane when she runs into her coming down the ladder from the city?
4. What scent alerts Nora to imminent danger?
5. What is the sun disk made of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does John do after he saves Nora and Bill?
2. How do Nora and Bill get out of the slot canyon after regaining consciousness?
3. How does Black justify his omission when the flash flood comes?
4. What two things do the skinwalkers do when they go into Chilbah valley in Chapter 36?
5. What surprises Sloane after she kills the skinwalker that chases her and Nora up the tower ladders?
6. How does the rescue effort manifest itself at the marina in Page?
7. What does Black think of Sloane's behavior as the flood waters rage?
8. Sloane and Nora clash yet again. Why this time, and what is the outcome?
9. Who does Skip go to for help and why?
10. Why is Swire angry when Nora and Bill return to Quivira?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)