|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the helicopter unload?
(d) Pontoon boats and horse trailers.
2. Why is Black beginning to feel ill?
(a) He has a virus.
(b) The damp weather is affecting him.
(c) He has the flu.
(d) The effects of corpse powder.
3. Where did they wait out the flood waters?
(a) On the outside of the slot canyon.
(b) On a ledge in the slot canyon.
(c) In a cave in the slot canyon.
(d) In a crawlspace in the slot canyon.
4. How does Nora feel when Black tells her about the Sun Kiva find?
(a) Confident and curious.
(b) Elated and excited.
(c) Cautiously optimistic.
(d) Angry that he opened it.
5. What thought horrifies Nora after the skinwalker and Sloane tumble down to their deaths?
(a) The fact that two skinwalkers had attacked her and one was still loose in Quivira.
(b) That she can't get down.
(c) That Bill is unprotected.
(d) That she is the only one left alive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Swire arrives in haste to give Nora what information?
2. What treatment does he require and not have with him?
3. What does Peter discover in Chapter 37?
4. What is Briggs informed of when he calls for information?
5. What does John discover about the Priest's trail?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Swire angry when Nora and Bill return to Quivira?
2. Sloane and Nora clash yet again. Why this time, and what is the outcome?
3. What does John do after he saves Nora and Bill?
4. How do Smithback and Nora escape?
5. How do Nora and Bill get out of the slot canyon after regaining consciousness?
6. Why is Beiyoodzin seeking the Priest's Trail?
7. Who does Skip go to for help and why?
8. How does Black justify his omission when the flash flood comes?
9. What does John Beiyoodzin realize when he makes his way up the Priest's Trail and finds the remains of the twig fire?
10. What happens to Roscoe after the rest of the group heads for the Kiva opening?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)