|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Black beginning to feel ill?
(a) The effects of corpse powder.
(b) He has the flu.
(c) He has a virus.
(d) The damp weather is affecting him.
2. Where is Holroyd's body taken?
(a) To a bonfire for cremation.
(b) To a grave dug further in the valley.
(c) To the top of the canyon wall to be picked up.
(d) To a rock shelter in the slot canyon.
3. What does Black discovery while getting ready to leave Quivira?
(a) The Sun Kiva.
(b) The Moon Kiva.
(c) The Silver Kiva.
(d) The Night Kiva.
4. What is the first thing Nora learns from Sloane when they return?
(a) A new room was discovered.
(b) New drawings were found.
(c) The communications system has been vandalized.
(d) Peter is sick.
5. What does Sloane do during the flood?
(a) She looks for survivors.
(b) She suggests they return to work.
(c) She suggests they unpack.
(d) All of the above.
Short Answer Questions
1. What treatment does he require and not have with him?
2. When Sloane finds Bill, what does she tell him?
3. What does Nora notice about Sloane when she runs into her coming down the ladder from the city?
4. What does Nora accuse her of?
5. What does Enrique believe may have killed Peter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Skip go to for help and why?
2. What do the designs on the black on yellow micaceous pottery reveal?
3. What two things do the skinwalkers do when they go into Chilbah valley in Chapter 36?
4. What had Sloane's father surmised regarding the few small shards of black on yellow micaceous pottery he had been able to study?
5. What happens to Roscoe after the rest of the group heads for the Kiva opening?
6. What does John Beiyoodzin realize when he makes his way up the Priest's Trail and finds the remains of the twig fire?
7. Sloane and Nora clash yet again. Why this time, and what is the outcome?
8. Why is Beiyoodzin seeking the Priest's Trail?
9. How does Sloane test Nora's authority yet again?
10. Who grabs Nora from behind when she goes to check whether or not Sloane had killed Smithback?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)