|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peter discover in Chapter 37?
(a) That Aragon is missing.
(b) That Sloane and Black have been abducted.
(c) That Sloane and Aragon are involved.
(d) That Sloane and Black are involved.
2. What is the first thing Nora learns from Sloane when they return?
(a) A new room was discovered.
(b) New drawings were found.
(c) Peter is sick.
(d) The communications system has been vandalized.
3. What is Nora's first indication of a flash flood?
(b) Sound of water.
(c) Sight of water.
(d) An increasing breeze.
4. Swire arrives in haste to give Nora what information?
(a) Someone has mutilated Peter's corpse.
(b) He is ready to go right away.
(c) Someone killed more horses.
(d) Someone took the remaining horses.
5. What does Nora accuse her of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is John's last act of kindness to Nora?
2. What is the sun disk made of?
3. Where is Holroyd's body taken?
4. What is Beiyoodzin looking for?
5. Why is Black beginning to feel ill?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the rescue effort manifest itself at the marina in Page?
2. Who does Skip go to for help and why?
3. Why is Swire angry when Nora and Bill return to Quivira?
4. Who argues with Sloane's decision to open the Sun Kiva?
5. How does Sloane test Nora's authority yet again?
6. Bonarotti sits outside after breaking through the seals to the Sun Kiva to have a cigarette and has trouble remembering what?
7. How does the flash flood announce itself?
8. What does John do after he saves Nora and Bill?
9. How do Nora and Bill get out of the slot canyon after regaining consciousness?
10. After her argument with Nora, what does Sloane do?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)