|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sloane see above them?
(a) A cliff dwelling.
(b) A village.
(c) An eagle.
(d) An airplane.
2. What happened to some of the horses?
(a) The horses were stampeded.
(b) The horses were branded.
(c) The horses were stolen.
(d) The horses were gutted.
3. What is lacking other than GPS ability?
4. What is Nora's middle name?
5. Why does Nora call Cal Tech?
(a) To find an old friend.
(b) To get a new job.
(c) None of the above.
(d) To ask permission to use their new radar technology.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aragon believe in that is made light of by some of the others?
2. Who is the geochronologist on the expedition?
3. What concessions does Nora ask for?
4. How do the Asaszi's destroy their roads so they can't be found?
5. Who does Sloane reveal she would choose for herself?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Teresa Gozales and why?
2. What about Sloane's arrival bothers Nora?
3. What circumstances surrounding the GPS are a problem and why?
4. Who is still missing from the group when Nora arrives at the meeting place?
5. What tradition did Nora's father follow from other early explorers such as Frank Wetherill?
6. How does John tell them that a person becomes a witch?
7. What did the pictographs on the back walls depict?
8. Why does Nora discover only a single moqui step?
9. What is so important about the letter Nora finds from her father?
10. Why does Nora believe Smithback almost ruined everything, and as such, still harbor some resentment towards him?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)