|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the geochronologist on the expedition?
(a) Skip Kelly
(b) Sloane Goddard
(c) Aaron Black.
(d) Dr. Blakewood
2. What happens to Teresa Gonzales?
(a) She is attacked searching the Kelly farmhouse.
(b) She gets married.
(c) She is kidnapped.
(d) She is attacked in her living room.
3. What is Kokopelli?
(a) A humpbacked flute player believed to be the god of fertility.
(b) A volcano.
(c) A mountain.
(d) A cliff dwelling.
4. What is the first task Skip is given?
(a) Anasazi arrowheads.
(b) Anasazi potsherds.
(c) Incan manuscripts.
(d) Ponderosa Draw potsherds.
5. Why is Nora congratulated by the other members?
(a) They are alive and over the backbone.
(b) She finds her father's initials and a date scratched into the rock.
(c) All of the above.
(d) No human lives were lost.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Smithback write for?
2. Who did Nora assign to track those responsible for what happened to the horses?
3. How big was the diameter of Great Kiva?
4. Who kills the rattler that threatens them?
5. What does Sloane find at the campsite?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two incidents in Chapters 1 through 8 suggest to the reader some kind of witchcraft or demonic forces are at work behind the scenes?
2. What distracts Goddard during his meeting with Nora?
3. What kind of gear was placed atop the rim of the canyon, way above Quivira and what was its purpose?
4. Where is Quivira in relation to the bench that Sloane and Nora climb to?
5. What incidents cause tensions to flare between Nora and Sloane?
6. After Teresa's attack and murder, what had happened to her?
7. Why did Nora Kelly's mother have such a low opinion of her husband, Padraic?
8. What is the cosmography that still runs through most present day southwestern Native American religions?
9. What did the pictographs on the back walls depict?
10. How does Nora want to fund the expedition to follow in her father's footsteps to Quivira?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)