|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sloane reveal to Nora about her relationship with her father?
(a) That he never said he loved her.
(b) That he cheated on her mother.
(c) None of the above.
(d) That he abused her.
2. What is the life force called?
(a) Sun, or seihei.
(b) Rain, or waihei.
(c) Wind, or liehei.
(d) Earth, or calhei.
3. What is Sloane concerned about?
(a) Getting across the desert.
(b) Locating Quivira.
(c) Finding the road.
(d) Getting across Devil's Ridge.
4. What signs would convince Nora they were still on the Anasazi road?
(a) Road signs.
(c) Traces of charcoal.
5. What are the marks left by the life force when it enters the body?
(a) Spots that are darker than elsewhere.
(b) Moons on the finger and toe nails.
(c) Freckles in a specific pattern.
(d) Ripples on the fingers, toes, and back of the head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Hurricane Deck, Beetlebum and Fiddlehead?
2. What do they learn from the skull found?
3. What is soon obvious about Nora's relationship with Sloane?
4. How many towers were there?
5. What is the cave dwelling called?
Short Essay Questions
1. What distracts Goddard during his meeting with Nora?
2. Why does Nora discover only a single moqui step?
3. When the ceremony is conducted at the ancient grave site, what becomes clear?
4. Who does Nora meet in Chapter 12?
5. After Teresa's attack and murder, what had happened to her?
6. Skip went back to the farmhouse and picked up Teddy Bear after Teresa's death. Why did he do this, and what happened afterwards?
7. What happens to Teresa Gozales and why?
8. What was the problem with Holroyd's map?
9. Why was the ridge Nora was seeking called the Devil's Backbone?
10. How does Nora want to fund the expedition to follow in her father's footsteps to Quivira?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)