|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the life force called?
(a) Rain, or waihei.
(b) Sun, or seihei.
(c) Earth, or calhei.
(d) Wind, or liehei.
2. What frightens Nora and Sloane as they proceed ahead to reconnoiter?
(a) Pigmy gray rattlers.
3. What do they learn from the skull found?
(a) Someone old died there.
(b) Someone was murdered there.
(c) Someone young died there.
(d) Someone was mauled nearby.
4. What does Nora ask Dr. Blakewood for permission to do?
(a) Hold a press conference.
(b) Display her new potherd collection.
(c) Use radar technology to broaden her search.
(d) Fund the expedition to find Quivira.
5. What signs would convince Nora they were still on the Anasazi road?
(a) Traces of charcoal.
(c) Road signs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What helps Skip in his identifications?
2. What does Nora ask Skip to bring into work with him?
3. What does Skip find out about his brakes?
4. What are the names of the two black on white shards Sonya takes out first?
5. What were the petroglyphs that Nora found on the cliff face?
Short Essay Questions
1. What tradition did Nora's father follow from other early explorers such as Frank Wetherill?
2. What does Aragon tell the rest about the bones that were found in the crawlspace?
3. How does John tell them that a person becomes a witch?
4. What distracts Goddard during his meeting with Nora?
5. How does Skip suggest Nora find the road their father claims in his letter to have followed?
6. What happens to Teresa Gozales and why?
7. What items are unusual in the cliff dwelling?
8. Why did Nora Kelly's mother have such a low opinion of her husband, Padraic?
9. Why does Nora ask that the expedition be kept a secret?
10. Where is Quivira in relation to the bench that Sloane and Nora climb to?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)