|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Black ask Sloane that she refuses to answer?
(a) Are you interested in Aragon?
(b) Are you angry with me?
(c) Are you going to leave with the group?
(d) Do you still want me?
2. What is the first thing Nora learns from Sloane when they return?
(a) A new room was discovered.
(b) New drawings were found.
(c) The communications system has been vandalized.
(d) Peter is sick.
3. What arrives at the marina in Page?
4. After Nora runs from Sloane and the threat of her gun, what does Sloane wonder?
(a) Where Nora would go.
(b) How much time she had left.
(c) Where Swire and Bonarotti were.
(d) What she should do.
5. Why is Black beginning to feel ill?
(a) He has a virus.
(b) He has the flu.
(c) The damp weather is affecting him.
(d) The effects of corpse powder.
6. What does Black discover behind the second seal?
(a) Gold and jewelry.
(b) Nothing at all.
(c) What looks like gold is not.
7. What does Sloane wonder while she is waiting to ambush Nora?
(a) What the pottery is worth.
(b) Why Smithback is unconscious.
(c) Where Nora is hiding.
(d) What happened to Swire and Bonarotti.
8. What does Nora notice about Sloane when she runs into her coming down the ladder from the city?
(a) She looks sick.
(b) She appears frightened.
(c) She's covered in dust.
(d) She's wearing a micaceous necklace.
9. What does Nora find as she continues to flee the injured skinwalker?
(a) A good hiding place.
(b) More black on yellow micaceous pottery.
(c) A stash of corpse powder.
(d) Bonarotti and his .44 Magnum.
10. What is John's last act of kindness to Nora?
(a) He takes her and Skip and Bill to her father's final resting place.
(b) He takes her to his village.
(c) He sees her back to the marina at Page.
(d) He gives her a piece of pottery.
11. What secret was Peter keeping to himself about Nora?
(a) How he resented having come along.
(b) How deeply he felt for her.
(c) None of the above.
(d) How much he cared for Sloane.
12. Who assumes command after Nora and Bill leave the city of Quivira?
(a) Sloane Goddard
(b) Roscoe Swire
(c) Peter Holroyd
(d) Aaron Black
13. What did Sloane discover in the Kiva that was so magnificent to her?
(a) Gold and silver.
(c) Drawings on the wall.
(d) Black on yellow micaceous pottery.
14. What does Beiyoodzin hope to do?
(a) Save Nora and the others.
(b) Warn the archaeologists.
(c) Save himself.
(d) Scare the horses to higher ground.
15. What is Nora's first indication of a flash flood?
(b) Sound of water.
(c) Sight of water.
(d) An increasing breeze.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after a clear weather report was given by Sloane did the flash flood hit?
2. What does John discover about the Priest's trail?
3. What does Peter discover in Chapter 37?
4. Who is the only member of the expedition that does not go into the Sun Kiva with the rest?
5. What does Nora see on Smithback when she regains consciousness?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)