|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sloane wonder while she is waiting to ambush Nora?
(a) Why Smithback is unconscious.
(b) Where Nora is hiding.
(c) What happened to Swire and Bonarotti.
(d) What the pottery is worth.
2. Why did the expedition have to hurry out of the slot canyon?
(a) To keep the group alive.
(b) All of the above.
(c) To avoid the skinwalkers.
(d) To avoid being trapped by rising water.
3. What does Nora find as she continues to flee the injured skinwalker?
(a) More black on yellow micaceous pottery.
(b) A good hiding place.
(c) Bonarotti and his .44 Magnum.
(d) A stash of corpse powder.
4. What question does Black ask Sloane that she refuses to answer?
(a) Are you angry with me?
(b) Do you still want me?
(c) Are you interested in Aragon?
(d) Are you going to leave with the group?
5. What is the sun disk made of?
(a) Yellow stain.
(c) Brushed gold.
(d) Paint mixed with mica and then polished.
6. What does Black discover behind the second seal?
(a) Nothing at all.
(b) What looks like gold is not.
(c) Gold and jewelry.
7. What secret was Peter keeping to himself about Nora?
(a) How deeply he felt for her.
(b) How much he cared for Sloane.
(c) None of the above.
(d) How he resented having come along.
8. What is Beiyoodzin looking for?
(a) The Priests Trail.
(b) Swire's horses.
(c) The slot canyon trail.
(d) Nora and Bill's tracks.
9. What does Black realize as he is digging out the Sun Kiva?
(a) That he has more seniority than Sloane.
(b) That he is fearful of Sloane.
(c) That he wants to leave the valley.
(d) That he no longer cares about the Kiva.
10. What is the last thing Black realizes?
(a) That he is unable to move.
(b) That the creature slitting his throat is real.
(c) That Sloane is not coming back.
(d) That Nora is alive.
11. What does Bill do when Nora confesses her intentions?
(a) He tries to warn Nora.
(b) He gives up.
(c) He tries to take her gun.
(d) He tries to wrestle with her.
12. Who assumes command after Nora and Bill leave the city of Quivira?
(a) Roscoe Swire
(b) Sloane Goddard
(c) Aaron Black
(d) Peter Holroyd
13. What does Beiyoodzin hope to do?
(a) Save Nora and the others.
(b) Save himself.
(c) Scare the horses to higher ground.
(d) Warn the archaeologists.
14. What is John's last act of kindness to Nora?
(a) He sees her back to the marina at Page.
(b) He takes her to his village.
(c) He takes her and Skip and Bill to her father's final resting place.
(d) He gives her a piece of pottery.
15. What does Nora use against the final skinwalker?
(b) Sloane's gun.
(c) A spear with an obsidian tip.
(d) A club.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saves Nora and Bill?
2. Who is charged with moving Holroyd's body?
3. How does Swire respond to Sloane's suggestion that they document the Sun Kiva?
4. What does Sloane confess in the tower?
5. Who realizes the water is coming into the slot canyon first?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)