|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peter discover in Chapter 37?
(a) That Aragon is missing.
(b) That Sloane and Black have been abducted.
(c) That Sloane and Black are involved.
(d) That Sloane and Aragon are involved.
2. What is Briggs informed of when he calls for information?
(a) There is a storm.
(b) There is a massacre.
(c) There is a flood.
(d) A massive rescue operation is under way.
3. What has Swire been trying to write?
(a) A complaint letter.
(b) A eulogy to Hurricane Deck.
(c) A letter of condolence to Skip.
(d) A list of infractions committed by Sloane.
4. What secret was Peter keeping to himself about Nora?
(a) How deeply he felt for her.
(b) How much he cared for Sloane.
(c) None of the above.
(d) How he resented having come along.
5. What does Nora notice about Sloane when she runs into her coming down the ladder from the city?
(a) She's covered in dust.
(b) She appears frightened.
(c) She looks sick.
(d) She's wearing a micaceous necklace.
6. What does Skip do after finding Thurber's body?
(a) He goes to Goddard for help.
(b) He contacts Nora.
(c) He buries Thurber.
(d) He calls the police.
7. Who is charged with moving Holroyd's body?
(a) Smithback and Aragon.
(b) Swire and Smithback
(c) Black and Swire.
(d) Enrique and Aaron.
8. What question does Black ask Sloane that she refuses to answer?
(a) Are you going to leave with the group?
(b) Do you still want me?
(c) Are you interested in Aragon?
(d) Are you angry with me?
9. What did Sloane discover in the Kiva that was so magnificent to her?
(a) Gold and silver.
(b) Drawings on the wall.
(c) Black on yellow micaceous pottery.
10. How large was the disk on the Kiva?
(a) Ten feet in diameter.
(b) Twelve feet in diameter.
(c) Six feet in diameter.
(d) Five feet in diameter.
11. Swire arrives in haste to give Nora what information?
(a) Someone has mutilated Peter's corpse.
(b) Someone took the remaining horses.
(c) He is ready to go right away.
(d) Someone killed more horses.
12. What is John's last act of kindness to Nora?
(a) He sees her back to the marina at Page.
(b) He gives her a piece of pottery.
(c) He takes her to his village.
(d) He takes her and Skip and Bill to her father's final resting place.
13. What thought horrifies Nora after the skinwalker and Sloane tumble down to their deaths?
(a) The fact that two skinwalkers had attacked her and one was still loose in Quivira.
(b) That she is the only one left alive.
(c) That Bill is unprotected.
(d) That she can't get down.
14. What does Bill do when Nora confesses her intentions?
(a) He tries to take her gun.
(b) He tries to warn Nora.
(c) He gives up.
(d) He tries to wrestle with her.
15. What is the nightmare that Black had as a child?
(a) He was lost in a dark place.
(b) He was alone.
(c) He was paralyzed and unable to move.
(d) He was confined and afraid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Black, Sloane, Swire and Bonarotti when the flash flood hits?
2. Who is the next one to be targeted by the skinwalkers?
3. When Sloane finds Bill, what does she tell him?
4. What do Nora and Sloane argue about?
5. What do they realize about the seal that they expose?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)