|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nora want Black to do?
(a) Take the first load through the canyon.
(b) Pack up the food for Bonarotti.
(c) Climb to the rim for a weather report.
(d) Help Smithback take down tents.
2. What has Swire been trying to write?
(a) A letter of condolence to Skip.
(b) A list of infractions committed by Sloane.
(c) A complaint letter.
(d) A eulogy to Hurricane Deck.
3. Where did they wait out the flood waters?
(a) On a ledge in the slot canyon.
(b) On the outside of the slot canyon.
(c) In a crawlspace in the slot canyon.
(d) In a cave in the slot canyon.
4. What does Nora accuse her of?
5. What is the nightmare that Black had as a child?
(a) He was confined and afraid.
(b) He was paralyzed and unable to move.
(c) He was alone.
(d) He was lost in a dark place.
6. What does Sloane do during the flood?
(a) She suggests they return to work.
(b) She looks for survivors.
(c) All of the above.
(d) She suggests they unpack.
7. What does Nora find as she continues to flee the injured skinwalker?
(a) More black on yellow micaceous pottery.
(b) A good hiding place.
(c) Bonarotti and his .44 Magnum.
(d) A stash of corpse powder.
8. Where are Black, Sloane, Swire and Bonarotti when the flash flood hits?
(a) Sitting by their gear in camp,
(b) Exploring the Kiva.
(c) Caught in the flood waters.
(d) Sitting on the retaining wall at Quivira.
9. What does Beiyoodzin hope to do?
(a) Warn the archaeologists.
(b) Scare the horses to higher ground.
(c) Save himself.
(d) Save Nora and the others.
10. What does Aragon believe killed Peter?
(a) A fungus in the soil.
(b) A virus.
(c) Bad water.
(d) A poison.
11. What does Enrique believe may have killed Peter?
(c) Heart failure.
12. What is Nora's first indication of a flash flood?
(a) An increasing breeze.
(b) Sound of water.
(c) Sight of water.
13. What does Sloane do instead of getting medicine for Black?
(a) She waits with a gun for Nora in Bill's tent.
(b) She looks for Bonarotti.
(c) She looks for Swire.
(d) She makes coffee.
14. When Sloane finds Bill, what does she tell him?
(a) That she plans to kill Nora.
(b) That Black is sick.
(c) That she is hungry.
(d) That she is looking for Swire.
15. What did Sloane discover in the Kiva that was so magnificent to her?
(a) Gold and silver.
(b) Drawings on the wall.
(d) Black on yellow micaceous pottery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Holroyd's body taken?
2. Who is the only member of the expedition that does not go into the Sun Kiva with the rest?
3. What is the last thing Black realizes?
4. What does Nora use against the final skinwalker?
5. Who realizes the water is coming into the slot canyon first?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)