|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peter discover in Chapter 37?
(a) That Sloane and Black have been abducted.
(b) That Sloane and Aragon are involved.
(c) That Aragon is missing.
(d) That Sloane and Black are involved.
2. What phrase repeats itself over and over in Black's mind?
(a) Everywhere the glint of gold.
(b) The discovery of a lifetime.
(c) Dreams do come true.
(d) One step at a time.
3. Why had the Anasazi built the tower?
(a) To contain valuables.
(b) To hold grain.
(c) To hide in.
(d) For defense.
4. Why is Black beginning to feel ill?
(a) The damp weather is affecting him.
(b) He has the flu.
(c) The effects of corpse powder.
(d) He has a virus.
5. What was there no hint of from the inside of Chilbah valley?
(a) All of the above.
(b) The dangerous conditions coming.
(c) The massive storm coming.
(d) The possibility of a flash flood.
6. What do the skinwalkers do in their attack?
(a) Kidnap and gut.
(b) Sprinkle corpse powder
(c) Use a throwing disk.
(d) Blind and terrorize.
7. What does Sloane do during the flood?
(a) She looks for survivors.
(b) All of the above.
(c) She suggests they return to work.
(d) She suggests they unpack.
8. What does Sloane confess in the tower?
(a) That she was involved with Black.
(b) That she wanted to shoot her.
(c) That she and Black saw the storm coming.
(d) That she was fearful.
9. What does Skip do after finding Thurber's body?
(a) He contacts Nora.
(b) He calls the police.
(c) He goes to Goddard for help.
(d) He buries Thurber.
10. What does Black discover behind the second seal?
(b) Gold and jewelry.
(c) What looks like gold is not.
(d) Nothing at all.
11. What is John's last act of kindness to Nora?
(a) He takes her and Skip and Bill to her father's final resting place.
(b) He sees her back to the marina at Page.
(c) He gives her a piece of pottery.
(d) He takes her to his village.
12. What does John discover about the Priest's trail?
(a) It is longer and harder than he imagined.
(b) It is short and easy.
(c) It is hidden but quick.
(d) It is narrow and well used.
13. What does Nora find as she continues to flee the injured skinwalker?
(a) A good hiding place.
(b) Bonarotti and his .44 Magnum.
(c) A stash of corpse powder.
(d) More black on yellow micaceous pottery.
14. What does the helicopter unload?
(a) Pontoon boats and horse trailers.
15. How does Swire respond to Sloane's suggestion that they document the Sun Kiva?
(a) He helps to set up tents.
(b) He reminds Sloane that Nora fired her and accuses her.
(c) He agrees with her.
(d) He asks how he can help.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Black, Sloane, Swire and Bonarotti when the flash flood hits?
2. What does Aragon believe killed Peter?
3. Who saves Nora and Bill?
4. Who is the only member of the expedition that does not go into the Sun Kiva with the rest?
5. How does Nora feel when Black tells her about the Sun Kiva find?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)