|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who saves Nora Kelly from her attacker at the old family ranch?
(a) Peter Holroyd.
(b) Their neighbor, Teresa Gonzalez.
(c) Her brother Skip.
(d) Dr. Blakewood.
2. What does Sloane find at the campsite?
(a) A fire pit.
(b) An arrowhead.
(c) A map.
(d) A pictograph.
3. What does Aragon believe in that is made light of by some of the others?
(a) The Spirit World.
(b) Zero Site Trauma.
4. After a preliminary survey of the city of Quivira was completed, what structure did the group assemble and get ready to enter?
(a) The Moon Room.
(b) The Great Kiva.
(c) The Sun Room.
(d) The Planetarium.
5. What significant plants were found in the area and brought to everyone's attention by Holroyd?
(a) Datura, Narcissus and Petunias.
(b) Datura, psilocybin, and mescal cactus.
(c) Daffodils, tulips and gardenias.
(d) Poppies, daisies and delphiniums.
6. Where does Nora Kelly work?
(a) Museum of Natural History.
(b) The Santa Fe Achaeological Institute.
(c) Jet Propulsion Lab.
(d) Cal Tech.
7. What is the condition that Goddard attaches?
(a) That Nora must raise the money herself.
(b) He wants Nora to finish her work from previous expeditions first.
(c) That Nora takes his daughter Sloane on the expedition.
(d) That Nora has only two weeks to accomplish her search.
8. What does Nora find when she leaves the family farm?
(a) A letter her father wrote.
(b) A group of maps.
(c) A relic.
(d) A photograph of her mother.
9. What ran through the clouds in the mural on the walls of the Great Kiva?
(a) A lioness.
(b) A thunderbird.
(c) A rainbow God.
(d) A bear.
10. How does Bill Smithback arrive at the marina in Page, Arizona?
(a) On a horse.
(b) In a plane.
(c) None of the above.
(d) In a limousine.
11. What does Peter agree to do for Nora?
(a) Intercede with Dr. Blakewood on her behalf.
(b) Put in a good word/reference for employment at Cal Tech.
(c) None of the above.
(d) Use the computer at Cal Tech to help her find the road her father describes.
12. How big was the diameter of Great Kiva?
(a) Fifty feet.
(b) Twenty five feet.
(c) One hundred feet.
(d) Sixty feet.
13. Where did Padraic Kelly disappear?
(a) On a ship at sea.
(b) In Central America.
(c) In the Andes Mountains.
(d) In the canyons of Arizona and Utah.
14. What are the marks left by the life force when it enters the body?
(a) Moons on the finger and toe nails.
(b) Ripples on the fingers, toes, and back of the head.
(c) Freckles in a specific pattern.
(d) Spots that are darker than elsewhere.
15. When Aragon examines the items from the cliff dwelling, what two things does he discover?
(a) The paint is blood and the child was scalped.
(b) The skull is old and the paint is ash.
(c) The paint is charcoal and the skull is male.
(d) The skull is old and the paint is ochre.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else does Nora insist accompany the expedition?
2. What is Quivira fabled to be made of?
3. What about Smithback's arrival bothers Nora?
4. Why did the Detective want to talk to Skip?
5. Why does Nora call Cal Tech?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)