|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggests Nora call Cal Tech?
(b) Teresa Gonzalez.
(c) Peter Holroyd.
(d) Dr. Blakewood.
2. What are the marks left by the life force when it enters the body?
(a) Moons on the finger and toe nails.
(b) Spots that are darker than elsewhere.
(c) Freckles in a specific pattern.
(d) Ripples on the fingers, toes, and back of the head.
3. What does Nora find when she leaves the family farm?
(a) A letter her father wrote.
(b) A group of maps.
(c) A relic.
(d) A photograph of her mother.
4. Who greets Skip when he arrives late?
(a) Dr. Goddard.
(b) Peter Holroyd.
(c) Dr. Blakewood.
(d) Sonya Rowling.
5. What does Sloane find at the campsite?
(a) A pictograph.
(b) A map.
(c) An arrowhead.
(d) A fire pit.
6. What happened to some of the horses?
(a) The horses were branded.
(b) The horses were stampeded.
(c) The horses were stolen.
(d) The horses were gutted.
7. What was significant about the skulls Nora and Sloane found in the Kiva?
(a) They were coated in silver with onyx eyes.
(b) They were coated in gold with ruby eyes.
(c) They were coated in tin with slate eyes.
(d) They were covered with a turquoise inlay and had eyes of rose quartz.
8. What does Goddard tell Nora that surprises her and makes her unexpectedly emotional?
(a) None of the above.
(b) He reveals he is dying.
(c) He reveals how much he loves her.
(d) That he knew her Father and trusted his judgment.
9. How does Sloane Goddard arrive and when?
(a) By car at the marina.
(b) By boat at the dock.
(c) By horse at the mesa.
(d) By plane at the beach.
10. Who did Nora assign to track those responsible for what happened to the horses?
(a) Sloane and Aragon.
(b) Herself and Smithback who volunteers.
(c) Swire and Sloane.
(d) Herself and Swire.
11. What about Sloane threatens Nora?
(a) Her arrival.
(b) Her money.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her confidence.
12. Where are the Anasazi Indians located?
(a) On the north face of the Valerco Mountains.
(b) On the west side of the Anasazian River.
(c) On the south facing cliff of the Calveras Mesa.
(d) On the east side of the Dorengian Mesa.
13. In what condition does Skip arrive for work?
(b) Over confident.
(d) Over qualified.
14. What does Peter agree to do for Nora?
(a) Use the computer at Cal Tech to help her find the road her father describes.
(b) None of the above.
(c) Intercede with Dr. Blakewood on her behalf.
(d) Put in a good word/reference for employment at Cal Tech.
15. What impedes the barge from making it to the beach?
(a) A sand bar.
(b) A log jam.
(c) Another barge.
(d) A rocky shoal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dr. Blakewood react to Nora's idea for the expedition?
2. How does Skip surprise Sonya?
3. Who does Smithback toast?
4. How many towers were there?
5. What does Sloane reveal to Nora about her relationship with her father?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)