|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is missing from Nora's home?
(a) All of her electronics.
(b) Her dog and her hairbrush.
(c) Her television and her laptop.
(d) Her jar of mad money.
2. What do they find that doesn't appear to belong?
(a) A room full of potsherds.
(b) A burial cyst with two bodies.
(c) Carvings from another period.
(d) None of the above.
3. When Aragon examines the items from the cliff dwelling, what two things does he discover?
(a) The paint is blood and the child was scalped.
(b) The skull is old and the paint is ochre.
(c) The skull is old and the paint is ash.
(d) The paint is charcoal and the skull is male.
4. Where are the Anasazi Indians located?
(a) On the south facing cliff of the Calveras Mesa.
(b) On the north face of the Valerco Mountains.
(c) On the west side of the Anasazian River.
(d) On the east side of the Dorengian Mesa.
5. Who is Thurber?
(a) Nora's dog.
(b) Nora's girl friend.
(c) Nora's boyfriend.
(d) Skip's best friend.
6. What is Nora's middle name?
7. How big was the diameter of Great Kiva?
(a) One hundred feet.
(b) Fifty feet.
(c) Twenty five feet.
(d) Sixty feet.
8. What does Nora ask Skip to bring into work with him?
(a) His guide to potherds.
(b) Her dog.
(c) His resume.
(d) Her father's Ruger.
9. Who did Nora assign to track those responsible for what happened to the horses?
(a) Herself and Swire.
(b) Swire and Sloane.
(c) Herself and Smithback who volunteers.
(d) Sloane and Aragon.
10. How many towers were there?
11. What does Nora discover when she gets home?
(a) Her brother is waiting for her.
(b) Her dog has had puppies.
(c) Her mother is waiting for her.
(d) Someone has broken in.
12. What helps Skip in his identifications?
(a) His computer.
(b) His previous time spent with his father.
(c) His years in school.
(d) His sister's education.
13. What concessions does Nora ask for?
(a) She leads the expedition, it be kept secret and that Goddard allows Skip to work in her department while she is gone.
(b) She wants a promotion and a press conference announcing her findings.
(c) She asks for a raise, a press conference to announce the trip, and a new horse.
(d) That Goddard forgive her other work, hold a press conference, and hire the best archeologist to go.
14. What does JPL stand for?
(a) James Pedersen Locomotion
(b) Jeffrey Printing Logistics
(c) Jacob Plonk's Library
(d) Jet Propulsion Laboratory.
15. What do they discover on the cliff face above them?
(a) A message.
(b) All of the above.
(c) Another trail.
(d) An Anasazi Planetarium.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does John leave Nora and Bill?
2. Who does Sloane reveal she would choose for herself?
3. How does Skip surprise Sonya?
4. What does Skip find out about his brakes?
5. Which two expedition members will join the group at Wahweap Marina?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)