|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do they find in the cave?
(a) An explorer.
(b) A skull.
(c) A map.
(d) A pictogram.
2. How many towers were there?
3. What is unusual about the cave?
(a) There is evidence of a large occupancy.
(b) There is a black painted room and reverse spirals.
(c) There are x's on the walls.
(d) There are multiple bodies.
4. Who else does Nora insist accompany the expedition?
(a) Her own handpicked crew.
(b) JPL technician Peter Holroyd.
(c) Her brother, Skip.
(d) The Anasazi chieftain.
5. Where does Nora Kelly work?
(a) Cal Tech.
(b) The Santa Fe Achaeological Institute.
(c) Jet Propulsion Lab.
(d) Museum of Natural History.
6. Who is the paleopathologist and medical doctor on the expedition?
(a) Enrique Aragon
(b) Dr. Blakewood
(c) Aaron Black
(d) Peter Holroyd
7. In what condition does Skip arrive for work?
(b) Over qualified.
(c) Over confident.
8. What is Quivira fabled to be made of?
9. What does Peter want in return?
(a) To go with Nora on the expedition.
(b) To tour the Institute.
(c) To take Nora out for dinner.
(d) To see Nora's potherds.
10. Why is Nora congratulated by the other members?
(a) She finds her father's initials and a date scratched into the rock.
(b) All of the above.
(c) They are alive and over the backbone.
(d) No human lives were lost.
11. How many rooms does Nora estimate are in the city of Quivira?
(a) Six hundred at least.
(b) Two hundred at most.
(c) Fifty at best.
(d) Four hundred exactly.
12. When Nora and Sloane emerge from the canyon, what are they searching for?
(a) The way out.
(b) The way back.
(c) The hand and toe trail to Quivira.
(d) Nora's father.
13. After finding and climbing the collapsed trail, what intact feature do they find?
(a) An Anasazi cave.
(b) The largest Great Kiva ever found.
(c) A great wall.
(d) Evidence of a flood.
14. How big was the diameter of Great Kiva?
(a) One hundred feet.
(b) Fifty feet.
(c) Sixty feet.
(d) Twenty five feet.
15. What happens to Teresa Gonzales?
(a) She gets married.
(b) She is attacked searching the Kelly farmhouse.
(c) She is attacked in her living room.
(d) She is kidnapped.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nora call Cal Tech?
2. Who does Smithback write for?
3. What does Swire do to the two horses that Nora and Smithback take?
4. What was significant about the skulls Nora and Sloane found in the Kiva?
5. Where are the Anasazi Indians located?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)