|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 42-46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What concessions does Nora ask for?
(a) She wants a promotion and a press conference announcing her findings.
(b) She leads the expedition, it be kept secret and that Goddard allows Skip to work in her department while she is gone.
(c) That Goddard forgive her other work, hold a press conference, and hire the best archeologist to go.
(d) She asks for a raise, a press conference to announce the trip, and a new horse.
2. What does Peter agree to do for Nora?
(a) Intercede with Dr. Blakewood on her behalf.
(b) Put in a good word/reference for employment at Cal Tech.
(c) None of the above.
(d) Use the computer at Cal Tech to help her find the road her father describes.
3. What secret was Peter keeping to himself about Nora?
(a) None of the above.
(b) How he resented having come along.
(c) How deeply he felt for her.
(d) How much he cared for Sloane.
4. What does Skip do after finding Thurber's body?
(a) He calls the police.
(b) He goes to Goddard for help.
(c) He contacts Nora.
(d) He buries Thurber.
5. What does Swire do to the two horses that Nora and Smithback take?
(a) He removes their shoes.
(b) He grooms them.
(c) He waters them.
(d) He feeds them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kokopelli?
2. How does Nora feel when Black tells her about the Sun Kiva find?
3. What is missing from Nora's home?
4. What is the first thing Nora learns from Sloane when they return?
5. Who did Nora assign to track those responsible for what happened to the horses?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)