|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nora call Cal Tech?
(a) To find an old friend.
(b) To ask permission to use their new radar technology.
(c) To get a new job.
(d) None of the above.
2. What is Quivira fabled to be made of?
3. Where are the Anasazi Indians located?
(a) On the east side of the Dorengian Mesa.
(b) On the north face of the Valerco Mountains.
(c) On the west side of the Anasazian River.
(d) On the south facing cliff of the Calveras Mesa.
4. How does Nora plan to get the horses to the head of Serpentine Canyon?
(a) She wants to buy them from the Anasazi tribe.
(b) She wants to ride them in from local stables.
(c) Nora plans to float the entire expedition up the lake on a barge.
(d) She wants to load them on rail cars.
5. What impedes the barge from making it to the beach?
(a) A sand bar.
(b) A log jam.
(c) A rocky shoal.
(d) Another barge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fabled city is Nora seeking?
2. Where did the lightning stones come from?
3. What does Peter agree to do for Nora?
4. Where did Padraic Kelly disappear?
5. How does Bill Smithback arrive at the marina in Page, Arizona?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)