|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 47-51.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beiyoodzin tell them about the valley of Chilbah?
(a) His people refuse to go there and the city was once a place of witchcraft.
(b) None of the above.
(c) His people are always exploring there and looking for witches.
(d) Their medicine man collects plants there and gets knowledge from the witches.
2. What does Swire do to the two horses that Nora and Smithback take?
(a) He removes their shoes.
(b) He waters them.
(c) He grooms them.
(d) He feeds them.
3. What is unusual about the cave?
(a) There are x's on the walls.
(b) There is a black painted room and reverse spirals.
(c) There is evidence of a large occupancy.
(d) There are multiple bodies.
4. What makes Nora stop, tie the horses up and continue on foot?
(a) The smell of cedar smoke.
(b) The sound of someone talking.
(c) The sight of a campfire.
(d) The obstruction of brush.
5. What do they learn from the skull found?
(a) Someone old died there.
(b) Someone young died there.
(c) Someone was mauled nearby.
(d) Someone was murdered there.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nora verify their location in the canyon?
2. What significant plants were found in the area and brought to everyone's attention by Holroyd?
3. Where are Black, Sloane, Swire and Bonarotti when the flash flood hits?
4. How big was the diameter of Great Kiva?
5. What does Beiyoodzin hope to do?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)