|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 47-51.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Peter concerned can cause brain damage?
(a) Mesquite flowers.
(c) Datura flowers.
(d) Too much desert sun.
2. How does Black justify his behavior to himself?
(a) His survival.
(b) Sloane's complicity.
(c) The clear weather report.
(d) Greed for recognition.
3. How does Sloane Goddard arrive and when?
(a) By horse at the mesa.
(b) By plane at the beach.
(c) By boat at the dock.
(d) By car at the marina.
4. What is Nora's first indication of a flash flood?
(a) An increasing breeze.
(c) Sound of water.
(d) Sight of water.
5. What do reverse spirals signify?
(a) They were going the wrong way.
(b) They were just graffiti.
(c) Someone felt witches resided there.
(d) Time ran backwards.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nora verify their location in the canyon?
2. What impedes the barge from making it to the beach?
3. What do they learn from the skull found?
4. What significant plants were found in the area and brought to everyone's attention by Holroyd?
5. Who kills the rattler that threatens them?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)