|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bond arrange to meet Domino?
2. What does a guard attack Bond with?
3. What attacks the bleeding guard?
4. Where is Bond worried Largo will drop the nuclear weapons?
5. What happens if Largo drops the bombs in deep water?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plan do Leiter and Bond decide upon in Chapter 20?
2. Why does Largo kill the Russian agent?
3. Why is Bond concerned Largo will do if he knows they have detected him?
4. What does Leiter tell Bond in the hospital room?
5. Why does Leiter chastise the barman for the martinis he makes?
6. What do Bond and Leiter think are the most likely targets for the bombs?
7. How does Bond defeat the guard in Chapter 16?
8. What does Leiter work out about Count Lippe?
9. What does Bond use as his cover when he investigates Leiter's boat?
10. What does Bond discover under the tarp?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. Why do you think these themes are so important to the story? How does Fleming use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
How much does Fleming's representation of femininity in the book conform to the 1960s society of the ideal woman? How does Fleming show how women's role in society was changing in the Sixties?
Essay Topic 3
Is revenge is a good motivation for a secret agent to have? Is Bond risking too much by seeking revenge? How can Bond use his need for revenge to succeed as a secret agent?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)