|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Largo pretend he is searching for?
2. What does Largo put on Bond's face?
3. How does Largo try to kill Bond?
4. What is the Geiger counter disguised as?
5. What does Bond dream Largo turns into?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Domino save Bond's life?
2. What plan do Leiter and Bond decide upon in Chapter 20?
3. What do Bond and Leiter think are the most likely targets for the bombs?
4. What does Leiter work out about Count Lippe?
5. How does Bond lose the Barracuda?
6. Why does Leiter chastise the barman for the martinis he makes?
7. What does Bond think the criminals plan to do?
8. What problems occur in Chapter 20?
9. How does Largo torture Domino?
10. What does Leiter tell Bond in the hospital room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Bond books greatly influenced modern literature and, in particular, crime books. Choose a book written after the novel that you think was influenced by it and discuss their similarities in terms of
Essay Topic 2
In 1965 Thunderball was made into a film starring Sean Connery. Why do you think the themes and ideas in the book were still relevant 40 years later? How did the filmmakers adapt the themes to fit in with the new environment? How did these changes affect the meaning of the story?
Essay Topic 3
How much does Fleming's representation of masculinity in the book conform to the 1960s society of the ideal man? Does Bond goes against 1960s society of the ideal man?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)