|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Letier's Geiger counter pick up aboard Largo's ship?
2. Which of the following do Bond and Leiter think could be a target for the bombs?
3. When does Leiter think the hijacking was planned for?
4. Whose identification does Bond show Domino?
5. Who does Bond find in the plane's wreckage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bond think the criminals plan to do?
2. What does Leiter work out about Count Lippe?
3. How does Domino react when Bond tells her her brother is dead?
4. How does Largo torture Domino?
5. Why does Leiter chastise the barman for the martinis he makes?
6. Why is Bond concerned Largo will do if he knows they have detected him?
7. How does Bond help Domino in Chapter 18?
8. How does Bond defeat the guard in Chapter 16?
9. What does Leiter tell Bond in the hospital room?
10. What do Bond and Leiter think are the most likely targets for the bombs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Fleming's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 2
In 1965 Thunderball was made into a film starring Sean Connery. Why do you think the themes and ideas in the book were still relevant 40 years later? How did the filmmakers adapt the themes to fit in with the new environment? How did these changes affect the meaning of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Thunderball is known as spy fiction.
1) What are the conventions of the genre in terms of character, language and plot?
2) In what way did the Bond series help to set the template for similar novels? Do modern novels still use the ideas used in Thunderball?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)