|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Wain's role at Shrublands?
2. Where does Petacchi fly the plane towards?
3. What is the name of M's secretary?
4. Who is SPECTRE's no.1?
5. Where does the taxi driver say clients at Shrublands binge?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bond describe Count Lippe?
2. How has Bond changed after his break at Shrublands?
3. What happens to Bond on the traction table in Chapter 3?
4. What is the only way the terrorists could set off the nuclear bombs?
5. What does Wain speculate happened to Bond on the traction machine?
6. What does Blofeld review at the SPECTRE meeting?
7. Why does Bond like Domino?
8. What is FIRCO?
9. What is Blofeld's background?
10. How does Miss Moneypenny explain M's behavior?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine violence in the novel.
1) How do the characters in the novel view violence? Are there are character that would think twice before shooting or hitting someone?
2) Do the characters need to be violent to cope in the world that Fleming portrays?
3) How do the students think the public reacted to the novel's violence when it was first published? How would the public react to such a book today?
Essay Topic 2
What is SPECTRE's motivation? What kind of people would an organization like SPECTRE need to be successful?
Essay Topic 3
In 1965 Thunderball was made into a film starring Sean Connery. Why do you think the themes and ideas in the book were still relevant 40 years later? How did the filmmakers adapt the themes to fit in with the new environment? How did these changes affect the meaning of the story?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)