|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the people at the meeting worked with Blofeld during the war?
2. Who is SPECTRE's no.1?
3. What is the British government calling the operation?
4. Who is the man driving the car?
5. What is the name of M's secretary?
Short Essay Questions
1. What three desires does Bond say he is still obsessed by?
2. Why does Bond like Domino?
3. How does Lippe try to kill Bond?
4. What does Bond notice about Lippe in the massage room?
5. How does Bond describe Count Lippe?
6. What does Wain outline for Bond during his stay at Shrublands?
7. How does Miss Moneypenny explain M's behavior?
8. How does the motorcyclist kill Lippe?
9. What is Blofeld's background?
10. Why does M want Bond to go to the Bahamas?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the difference between barracudas and sharks? When and how can sharks be dangerous? What position do sharks hold in popular culture?
Essay Topic 2
Examine violence in the novel.
1) How do the characters in the novel view violence? Are there are character that would think twice before shooting or hitting someone?
2) Do the characters need to be violent to cope in the world that Fleming portrays?
3) How do the students think the public reacted to the novel's violence when it was first published? How would the public react to such a book today?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Fleming's writing style. How would you describe Fleming's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? Does he use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Fleming's style give to the story?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)