|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Thérèse and Laurent decide to avoid hallucinating about Camille in the future in "Chapter XXIII"?
2. How does Laurent describe his scar in "Chapter XVII"?
3. Why does Laurent force Thérèse's head to his neck in "Chapter XXI"?
4. How does Laurent react to Thérèse kissing her aunt's face?
5. Why does Laurent finally resolve to marry Thérèse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the cat do on Thérèse and Laurent's wedding night?
2. How do Laurent and Thérèse react to Madame Raquin's stroke?
3. How does Thérèse feel about the Thursday night gatherings after Camille's death?
4. What does Laurent do when Thérèse starts kissing her aunt daily?
5. What does Madame Raquin do after reading the letter from Laurent's father about his engagement?
6. Why are Thérèse and Laurent nervous on their wedding night?
7. How do Laurent and Thérèse want to end their fear of Camille's ghost?
8. How does Laurent realize Madame Raquin knows he and Thérèse killed Camille?
9. What are the Thursday night gatherings like after Madame Raquin's stroke?
10. How do Laurent and Thérèse get Madame Raquin to suggest they get married?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author use internal monologue in this novel?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Thérèse and Laurent's nightmares. Include their solutions in this comparison.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the significance of Thérèse's day time suffering and night time suffering. Why are they different? What purpose does this serve?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)