|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Laurent feel about walking home in "Chapter XVII"?
2. In "Chapter XXVII", why do Thérèse and Laurent argue about Madame Raquin attending the Thursday night gathering?
3. How does Thérèse try to confuse her aunt in "Chapter XXI"?
4. How does Laurent react to Thérèse kissing her aunt's face?
5. Why do Laurent and Thérèse keep a space between them in "Chapter XXII"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the significance of ThÃ©rÃ¨se's day time suffering and night time suffering. Why are they different? What purpose does this serve?
Essay Topic 2
What role do the arts play in "ThÃ©rÃ¨se Raquin"? What message is delivered about the arts?
Essay Topic 3
What commentary does the author provide on forgiveness?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)