Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Madame Raquin feel when Thérèse confesses to her and asks for forgiveness?
2. How is Laurent able to buy new clothes in "Chapter XX"?
3. Why doesn't Madame Raquin want Thérèse to marry after Camille's death?
4. What worries Laurent when Madame Raquin becomes ill?
5. What does Laurent dislike about his new clothes in "Chapter XX"?
Essay Topic 1
How does the author use internal monologue in this novel?
Essay Topic 2
How does the author use foreshadowing in this novel? Is it effective? Why or why not? Consider the descriptive passages before Camille's death, like when Laurent is painting his portrait.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the symbolism of Laurent's scar.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)