|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laurent see in Madame Raquin's face when she realizes he killed Camille?
2. Why do Laurent and Thérèse keep a space between them in "Chapter XXII"?
3. In "Chapter XXV", what does Laurent's friend say about his paintings?
4. When Laurent gets his studio, how long does he have it before he paints?
5. How does the cat scare Laurent and Thérèse on their wedding night?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Laurent realize Madame Raquin knows he and Thérèse killed Camille?
2. How does Laurent feel about murdering Camille in "Chapter XXII"?
3. What does Madame Raquin do after reading the letter from Laurent's father about his engagement?
4. In "Chapter XVII", what does Laurent decide about Thérèse?
5. What does the cat do on Thérèse and Laurent's wedding night?
6. How do Laurent and Thérèse react to Madame Raquin's stroke?
7. What is Thérèse and Laurent's wedding like?
8. How does Thérèse feel about the Thursday night gatherings after Camille's death?
9. What are the Thursday night gatherings like after Madame Raquin's stroke?
10. What does Laurent begin dreaming about after Camille's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author use colors in his descriptive passages? What is important about this use of color?
Essay Topic 2
How does the author use foreshadowing in this novel? Is it effective? Why or why not? Consider the descriptive passages before Camille's death, like when Laurent is painting his portrait.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast two settings in "Thérèse Raquin".
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)