|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Thérèse and Laurent sit and talk the night after their wedding?
2. What does Laurent do when Madame Raquin realizes he killed Camille?
3. What does Thérèse do after Laurent forces her head to his neck in "Chapter XXI"?
4. Why is Thérèse disgusted with kissing Madame Raquin's face in "Chapter XXIX"?
5. In "Chapter XXX", what does Madame Raquin do that makes Laurent tell Thérèse to leave her alone?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Laurent feel about murdering Camille in "Chapter XXII"?
2. How does Thérèse show her remorse in "Chapter XXIX"?
3. How does Thérèse feel about the Thursday night gatherings after Camille's death?
4. What makes Thérèse and Laurent decide they can never kiss in "Chapter XXIII"?
5. How do Laurent and Thérèse get Madame Raquin to suggest they get married?
6. How do Laurent and Thérèse react to Madame Raquin's stroke?
7. What does Laurent do when Thérèse starts kissing her aunt daily?
8. How does Madame Raquin feel about Thérèse getting remarried?
9. What happens when Thérèse sees Laurent's scar?
10. What does Laurent begin dreaming about after Camille's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Thérèse and Laurent's nightmares. Include their solutions in this comparison.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the role between love and marriage in the society of "Thérèse Raquin".
Essay Topic 3
What role do the arts play in "Thérèse Raquin"? What message is delivered about the arts?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)