Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Madame Raquin feel when Thérèse confesses to her and asks for forgiveness?
2. How is Laurent able to buy new clothes in "Chapter XX"?
3. Why doesn't Madame Raquin want Thérèse to marry after Camille's death?
4. What worries Laurent when Madame Raquin becomes ill?
5. What does Laurent dislike about his new clothes in "Chapter XX"?
How does the author use foreshadowing in this novel? Is it effective? Why or why not? Consider the descriptive passages before Camille's death, like when Laurent is painting his portrait.
Compare and contrast two settings in "ThÃ©rÃ¨se Raquin".
Analyze the significance of ThÃ©rÃ¨se's day time suffering and night time suffering. Why are they different? What purpose does this serve?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)