|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Madame Raquin feel when Thérèse confesses to her and asks for forgiveness?
2. How is Laurent able to buy new clothes in "Chapter XX"?
3. Why doesn't Madame Raquin want Thérèse to marry after Camille's death?
4. What worries Laurent when Madame Raquin becomes ill?
5. What does Laurent dislike about his new clothes in "Chapter XX"?
Essay Topic 1
What role do the arts play in "ThÃ©rÃ¨se Raquin"? What message is delivered about the arts?
Essay Topic 2
How does the author use foreshadowing in this novel? Is it effective? Why or why not? Consider the descriptive passages before Camille's death, like when Laurent is painting his portrait.
Essay Topic 3
Examine how this novel explores what qualities make a good man. Does the author have a firm description? What traits are valued? What traits are not valued?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)