|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Laurent talk about his old times with Thérèse on their wedding night?
2. After painting in the mornings, what does Laurent do in the afternoons in "Chapter XXV"?
3. Who does Laurent write to about his engagement to Thérèse?
4. Why does Madame Raquin become unable to speak?
5. Why do Laurent and Thérèse become terrified on their wedding night?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Madame Raquin feel about Thérèse getting remarried?
2. What is Thérèse and Laurent's wedding like?
3. What does the cat do on Thérèse and Laurent's wedding night?
4. Why do Laurent and Thérèse take such great care of Madame Raquin when she falls ill?
5. How does Laurent feel about murdering Camille in "Chapter XXII"?
6. How do Laurent and Thérèse react to Madame Raquin's stroke?
7. What does Laurent begin dreaming about after Camille's death?
8. How does Laurent end up officially engaged to Thérèse?
9. What are the Thursday night gatherings like after Madame Raquin's stroke?
10. How does Madame Raquin feel about the care Thérèse and Laurent give her when she is ill?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role do the arts play in "Thérèse Raquin"? What message is delivered about the arts?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast two settings in "Thérèse Raquin".
Essay Topic 3
Explore the commentary provided on justice in "Thérèse Raquin".
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)