|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Laurent and Thérèse want Madame Raquin to suggest the get married?
2. Why does Laurent have a vision of lined up drowned bodies?
3. How does Madame Raquin feel when Thérèse confesses to her and asks for forgiveness?
4. How does Thérèse think the Thursday night gatherings will help with Camille's death?
5. Why does Laurent shove Thérèse away from him in "Chapter XXIII"?
Essay Topic 1
Explore the role of a minor character, Michaud or Grivet, and his impact on ThÃ©rÃ¨se's life.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the role between love and marriage in the society of "ThÃ©rÃ¨se Raquin".
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the use of funeral/death/tomb imagery in this novel. What function does it serve?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)