|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What eases Madame Raquin's worries about her paralysis?
2. What does Laurent see in Madame Raquin's face when she realizes he killed Camille?
3. What does Madame Raquin do when Thérèse and Laurent's engagement becomes official?
4. How often does Thérèse kiss Madame Raquin in "Chapter XXIX"?
5. How does Thérèse think the Thursday night gatherings will help with Camille's death?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the symbolism of Laurent's scar.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the use of funeral/death/tomb imagery in this novel. What function does it serve?
Essay Topic 3
Examine how this novel explores what qualities make a good man. Does the author have a firm description? What traits are valued? What traits are not valued?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)