|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Laurent and Thérèse want Madame Raquin to suggest the get married?
2. In "Chapter XXVIII", what reminds Thérèse about Camille's drowning?
3. Why does Laurent force Thérèse's head to his neck in "Chapter XXI"?
4. Why does Thérèse begin begging for forgiveness?
5. What does Thérèse do after Laurent tells her to leave Madame Raquin alone in "Chapter XXX"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Thérèse sees Laurent's scar?
2. What does Laurent do when he rents his studio?
3. What does Laurent begin dreaming about after Camille's death?
4. What are the Thursday night gatherings like after Madame Raquin's stroke?
5. Why does Thérèse argue against Laurent renting a studio at first?
6. How does Madame Raquin feel about Thérèse getting remarried?
7. Why are Thérèse and Laurent nervous on their wedding night?
8. Why does Thérèse compare Camille to Laurent in "Chapter XXX"?
9. What is Thérèse and Laurent's wedding like?
10. What does the cat do on Thérèse and Laurent's wedding night?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the commentary provided on justice in "Thérèse Raquin".
Essay Topic 2
What commentary does the author provide on forgiveness?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast two settings in "Thérèse Raquin".
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)