|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Laurent spend his night in "Chapter XVII"?
2. How does Thérèse first respond when Laurent says he wants to rent a studio?
3. Why does Thérèse begin acting depressed about Madame Raquin in "Chapter XIV"?
4. How does the author describe Thérèse and Laurent's wedding ceremony?
5. How does Thérèse think the Thursday night gatherings will help with Camille's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Madame Raquin feel about Thérèse getting remarried?
2. In "Chapter XVII", what does Laurent decide about Thérèse?
3. Why can't Madame Raquin tell everyone that she knows Laurent and Thérèse killed Camille?
4. What does Madame Raquin do after reading the letter from Laurent's father about his engagement?
5. Why does Thérèse compare Camille to Laurent in "Chapter XXX"?
6. What is Thérèse and Laurent's wedding like?
7. Why does Thérèse argue against Laurent renting a studio at first?
8. What makes Thérèse and Laurent decide they can never kiss in "Chapter XXIII"?
9. What does Laurent do when he rents his studio?
10. What does the cat do on Thérèse and Laurent's wedding night?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What commentary does the author provide on forgiveness?
Essay Topic 2
What role do the arts play in "Thérèse Raquin"? What message is delivered about the arts?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the role between love and marriage in the society of "Thérèse Raquin".
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)