|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter XXX", what does Madame Raquin do that makes Laurent tell Thérèse to leave her alone?
2. How does Madame Raquin feel when Thérèse confesses to her and asks for forgiveness?
3. How does Thérèse think the Thursday night gatherings will help with Camille's death?
4. Why does Laurent shove Thérèse away from him in "Chapter XXIII"?
5. Who watches the shop after Madame Raquin becomes unable to speak?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the way the class system in this novel works as a motivating factor. Why is this? Consider Laurent's desire to live an idle life.
Essay Topic 2
What commentary does the author provide on forgiveness?
Essay Topic 3
Follow ThÃ©rÃ¨se and Madame Raquin's relationship throughout this novel. How is it developed? What themes are explored through this relationship?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)