|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the cat scare Laurent and Thérèse on their wedding night?
2. How do Thérèse and Laurent avoid going to bed at night after they are married?
3. Why does Laurent finally resolve to marry Thérèse?
4. In "Chapter XVIII", what emotion is said to connect Thérèse and Laurent?
5. Why doesn't Madame Raquin want Thérèse to marry after Camille's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Thérèse and Laurent's wedding like?
2. How does Laurent feel about murdering Camille in "Chapter XXII"?
3. What does Laurent do when Thérèse starts kissing her aunt daily?
4. What makes Thérèse and Laurent decide they can never kiss in "Chapter XXIII"?
5. How do Laurent and Thérèse react to Madame Raquin's stroke?
6. What happens when Thérèse sees Laurent's scar?
7. Why does Thérèse compare Camille to Laurent in "Chapter XXX"?
8. In "Chapter XVII", what does Laurent decide about Thérèse?
9. What are the Thursday night gatherings like after Madame Raquin's stroke?
10. How do Laurent and Thérèse get Madame Raquin to suggest they get married?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is guilt a theme in this novel?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the role between love and marriage in the society of "Thérèse Raquin".
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Thérèse and Laurent's nightmares. Include their solutions in this comparison.
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)