|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Laurent write to about his engagement to Thérèse?
2. When Laurent gets his studio, how long does he have it before he paints?
3. Why does Laurent have a vision of lined up drowned bodies?
4. What does Madame Raquin do when Thérèse and Laurent's engagement becomes official?
5. Where does Laurent spend his night in "Chapter XVII"?
Essay Topic 1
How does the author use colors in his descriptive passages? What is important about this use of color?
Essay Topic 2
What role does religion play in this novel?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the symbolism of Laurent's scar.
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)