|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter X", what does Michaud say about many murders?
2. What makes Laurent decide to visit the morgue just two more times?
3. When does the Raquin family entertain guests?
4. Why does Camille get champagne in "Chapter VI"?
5. How long does Laurent have his affair with the model?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Madame Raquin comes into Thérèse's room while Laurent is there?
2. What plan does Laurent come up with the kill Camille?
3. In "Chapter I", what do the three people in the shop do?
4. What happens when Thérèse meets the student?
5. Why doesn't Laurent make his living as a painter?
6. In "Chapter IV", what is the Thursday gathering like at the Raquin apartment?
7. How does Laurent stage the boating accident?
8. What happens when Camille leaves to get champagne in "Chapter VI"?
9. How is the shop introduced in "Chapter I"?
10. How did Madame Raquin react when Camille said he wanted to move to the city?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author use colors in his descriptive passages? What is important about this use of color?
Essay Topic 2
How does the author use internal monologue in this novel?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Thérèse and Laurent's nightmares. Include their solutions in this comparison.
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)