|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Camille ever have a real education?
2. When does Laurent know he got away with murder?
3. How does Laurent describe Camille when he sees him at the morgue?
4. Who is Michaud's son?
5. In "Chapter I", what does the man do in the shop?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Madame Raquin comes into Thérèse's room while Laurent is there?
2. What was Camille's childhood like?
3. What happens when Camille's body ends up in the morgue?
4. What worries Laurent about marrying Thérèse after Camille's death?
5. How does Thérèse act during the Thursday gatherings once she starts her affair with Laurent?
6. What is Thérèse's mourning like?
7. In "Chapter II", how is Thérèse and Camille's marriage described?
8. Why doesn't Laurent make his living as a painter?
9. How do Thérèse and Laurent feel about killing Camille in "Chapter IX"?
10. What does Laurent do at the shop after Camille's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author use colors in his descriptive passages? What is important about this use of color?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the symbolism of Laurent's scar.
Essay Topic 3
How does the author use internal monologue in this novel?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)