|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laurent say he went to school for?
2. Why does the narrator say Madame Raquin become Thérèse's guardian?
3. Where do the rescuers take Laurent and Thérèse after their boat accident?
4. In "Chapter X", what does Michaud say about many murders?
5. How does Laurent respond to the stories about crime in "Chapter X"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Laurent do after Camille's death?
2. How do Laurent and Thérèse find time to meet with each other?
3. What happens when Madame Raquin comes into Thérèse's room while Laurent is there?
4. Why do Thérèse and Laurent consider killing Camille in "Chapter IX"?
5. How does Laurent manage to throw Camille in the water?
6. Why doesn't Laurent make his living as a painter?
7. In "Chapter IV", what is the Thursday gathering like at the Raquin apartment?
8. How do Thérèse and Laurent feel about killing Camille in "Chapter IX"?
9. What does Thérèse feel she proves when Madame Raquin comes into her room in "Chapter VII"?
10. What does Laurent do at the shop after Camille's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the way the class system in this novel works as a motivating factor. Why is this? Consider Laurent's desire to live an idle life.
Essay Topic 2
What commentary does the author provide on forgiveness?
Essay Topic 3
What role does religion play in this novel?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)