|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Thérèse finally finds interest in the outside world after Camille's death?
2. In "Chapter XVI", how do Thérèse and Laurent find time to meet secretly?
3. Why does Thérèse start reading in "Chapter XVI"?
4. In "Chapter II", why does the narrator say Thérèse was excited about living in the country?
5. Who is Michaud's son?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Chapter II", how is Thérèse and Camille's marriage described?
2. How does Laurent manage to throw Camille in the water?
3. What happens the first time Camille invites Laurent over to his apartment?
4. How is the shop introduced in "Chapter I"?
5. What does Laurent do after Camille's death?
6. What happens when Madame Raquin comes into Thérèse's room while Laurent is there?
7. In "Chapter X", what crimes are discussed?
8. What happens when Thérèse meets the student?
9. What plan does Laurent come up with the kill Camille?
10. What happens when Camille's body ends up in the morgue?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the role of a minor character, Michaud or Grivet, and his impact on Thérèse's life.
Essay Topic 2
Explore the commentary provided on justice in "Thérèse Raquin".
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the symbolism of Laurent's painting of Camille.
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)