|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter VI", how does the narrator describe Laurent's portrait?
2. Who did Michaud used to work for?
3. What does Thérèse look forward to in "Chapter XVI"?
4. What makes Laurent decide to visit the morgue just two more times?
5. When Madame Raquin cries in "Chapter XV", what do her guests recommend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Madame Raquin comes into Thérèse's room while Laurent is there?
2. What plan does Laurent come up with the kill Camille?
3. How did Madame Raquin react when Camille said he wanted to move to the city?
4. In "Chapter I", what do the three people in the shop do?
5. How do the newspapers report upon Camille's death?
6. How does Thérèse act during the Thursday gatherings once she starts her affair with Laurent?
7. What is Thérèse's mourning like?
8. What was Camille's childhood like?
9. How is the shop introduced in "Chapter I"?
10. What happens when Camille leaves to get champagne in "Chapter VI"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the role between love and marriage in the society of "Thérèse Raquin".
Essay Topic 2
What role do the arts play in "Thérèse Raquin"? What message is delivered about the arts?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast two settings in "Thérèse Raquin".
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)