|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Laurent feel about walking home in "Chapter XVII"?
(a) He is excited.
(b) He is afraid.
(c) He is worried.
(d) He is confused.
2. What does Thérèse see in her aunt when she kisses her in "Chapter XXIX"?
3. Why does Laurent force Thérèse's head to his neck in "Chapter XXI"?
(a) To convince her he loves her.
(b) To kiss his wound.
(c) To keep her quiet.
(d) To smell him.
4. Why is Thérèse disgusted with kissing Madame Raquin's face in "Chapter XXIX"?
(a) Because she feels guilty.
(b) Because Laurent teases her about it.
(c) Because it is cold.
(d) Because she is old.
5. In "Chapter XXVII", why do Thérèse and Laurent argue about Madame Raquin attending the Thursday night gathering?
(a) They fear she will tell their secret.
(b) They think she brings Camille's ghost back.
(c) They think the guests are cruel to her.
(d) They think she may be too sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Thérèse and Laurent decide to avoid hallucinating about Camille in the future in "Chapter XXIII"?
2. How does the cat scare Laurent and Thérèse on their wedding night?
3. What does Thérèse do when Laurent enters her room after the wedding?
4. How often does Thérèse kiss Madame Raquin in "Chapter XXIX"?
5. Why does Laurent have a vision of lined up drowned bodies?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)