|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What eases Madame Raquin's worries about her paralysis?
(a) Laurent's jokes.
(b) Thérèse's happiness.
(c) Michaud's medical advice.
(d) Grivet's help.
2. How does Laurent react to Thérèse kissing her aunt's face?
(a) He says he wants to kiss her as well.
(b) He always leaves the room.
(c) He tells her not to do it.
(d) He laughs at her about it.
3. Where does Laurent spend his night in "Chapter XVII"?
(a) A wine shop.
(b) His apartment.
(c) A hotel.
(d) The Raquins' shop.
4. Why is Laurent violent toward Thérèse in "Chapter XXIII"?
(a) He doesn't realize he is being violent.
(b) He doesn't know how to treat her kindly.
(c) He wants to get rid of Camille's spirit.
(d) He is mad at her.
5. What does Madame Raquin do when Thérèse and Laurent's engagement becomes official?
(a) She moves out of the shop.
(b) She gives them her money.
(c) She hugs them both.
(d) She throws a party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laurent dislike about his new clothes in "Chapter XX"?
2. Why does Laurent stay under the bridge during the storm?
3. What do Thérèse and Laurent do at the end of "Chapter XXVIII"?
4. Why do Laurent and Thérèse keep a space between them in "Chapter XXII"?
5. How does Thérèse first respond when Laurent says he wants to rent a studio?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Madame Raquin feel about the care Thérèse and Laurent give her when she is ill?
2. Why are Thérèse and Laurent nervous on their wedding night?
3. How do Laurent and Thérèse get Madame Raquin to suggest they get married?
4. How does Laurent feel about murdering Camille in "Chapter XXII"?
5. How do Laurent and Thérèse react to Madame Raquin's stroke?
6. How does Thérèse feel about the Thursday night gatherings after Camille's death?
7. Why can't Madame Raquin tell everyone that she knows Laurent and Thérèse killed Camille?
8. What are the Thursday night gatherings like after Madame Raquin's stroke?
9. What does the cat do on Thérèse and Laurent's wedding night?
10. What does Laurent do when he rents his studio?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)