|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Laurent spend his night in "Chapter XVII"?
(a) The Raquins' shop.
(b) A wine shop.
(c) A hotel.
(d) His apartment.
2. What does Laurent see in Madame Raquin's face when she realizes he killed Camille?
3. Who does Madame Raquin consult about Thérèse's depression in "Chapter XIV"?
(b) No one.
4. What does Thérèse do after Laurent forces her head to his neck in "Chapter XXI"?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She spits.
(c) She cries.
(d) She runs away.
5. What happens when Thérèse compares Laurent to Camille in "Chapter XXX"?
(a) She can't compare them without crying.
(b) They look about the same.
(c) Laurent looks better.
(d) Camille looks better.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter XXVIII", why do Thérèse and Laurent let Madame Raquin listen to their arguments?
2. How does Thérèse first respond when Laurent says he wants to rent a studio?
3. In "Chapter XVII", where does Laurent go after work?
4. How does Michaud interact with Madame Raquin after she becomes unable to speak?
5. What worries Laurent when Madame Raquin becomes ill?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Laurent feel about murdering Camille in "Chapter XXII"?
2. Why does Thérèse compare Camille to Laurent in "Chapter XXX"?
3. How does Madame Raquin feel about Thérèse getting remarried?
4. What makes Thérèse and Laurent decide they can never kiss in "Chapter XXIII"?
5. How does Madame Raquin feel about the care Thérèse and Laurent give her when she is ill?
6. What does Laurent do when Thérèse starts kissing her aunt daily?
7. Why does Thérèse argue against Laurent renting a studio at first?
8. In "Chapter XVII", what does Laurent decide about Thérèse?
9. What are the Thursday night gatherings like after Madame Raquin's stroke?
10. Why are Thérèse and Laurent nervous on their wedding night?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)