|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thérèse see in her aunt when she kisses her in "Chapter XXIX"?
2. Where does Laurent spend his night in "Chapter XVII"?
(a) His apartment.
(b) The Raquins' shop.
(c) A wine shop.
(d) A hotel.
3. Why do Laurent and Thérèse keep a space between them in "Chapter XXII"?
(a) Because Thérèse fears her aunt will get mad.
(b) Because Thérèse is sick.
(c) Because they feel Camille's ghost there.
(d) Because Laurent is sick.
4. How does Thérèse first respond when Laurent says he wants to rent a studio?
(a) She thinks it is a good idea.
(b) She is confused why he wants a studio.
(c) She refuses to give him money.
(d) She is worried the studio will be haunted.
5. Why doesn't Madame Raquin want Thérèse to marry after Camille's death?
(a) She doesn't want to let a stranger into her life.
(b) She doesn't want to pay for a wedding.
(c) She doesn't want Thérèse to move.
(d) She doesn't want to lose any money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Laurent threaten Thérèse at the end of "Chapter XXII"?
2. How does Madame Raquin feel when Thérèse confesses to her and asks for forgiveness?
3. How does Madame Raquin describe the marriage between Thérèse and Laurent?
4. How does the author describe Thérèse and Laurent's wedding ceremony?
5. How does the cat scare Laurent and Thérèse on their wedding night?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Thérèse argue against Laurent renting a studio at first?
2. How does Madame Raquin feel about Thérèse getting remarried?
3. How does Thérèse show her remorse in "Chapter XXIX"?
4. In "Chapter XVII", what does Laurent decide about Thérèse?
5. What does Laurent begin dreaming about after Camille's death?
6. Why can't Madame Raquin tell everyone that she knows Laurent and Thérèse killed Camille?
7. What does Madame Raquin do after reading the letter from Laurent's father about his engagement?
8. How do Laurent and Thérèse get Madame Raquin to suggest they get married?
9. Why does Thérèse kiss Madame Raquin in "Chapter XXIX"?
10. How does Thérèse feel about the Thursday night gatherings after Camille's death?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)