|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Laurent and Thérèse become terrified on their wedding night?
(a) They think someone is watching them.
(b) They don't want to be with each other.
(c) They fear Camille's ghost.
(d) They realize they are guilty.
2. In "Chapter XXIII", what does Thérèse do when she admits Camille has triumphed over her?
(a) She leaves the room.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She shakes her head.
(d) She cries.
3. Why does Laurent finally resolve to marry Thérèse?
(a) He wants to start painting again.
(b) He knows he loves her.
(c) Camille tells him to in a dream.
(d) He believes he won't be afraid with her.
4. What does Madame Raquin do when Thérèse and Laurent's engagement becomes official?
(a) She gives them her money.
(b) She throws a party.
(c) She hugs them both.
(d) She moves out of the shop.
5. What does Laurent begin dreaming of in "Chapter XVII"?
(b) Camille's body.
(c) Madame Raquin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grivet believe after Madame Raquin stops talking?
2. How does Laurent react to Thérèse kissing her aunt's face?
3. What does Laurent tell Thérèse when she says she is repenting in "Chapter XXX"?
4. Who does Laurent write to about his engagement to Thérèse?
5. What makes Michaud confident that the Thursday night gatherings will continue?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Laurent and Thérèse want to end their fear of Camille's ghost?
2. What happens when Thérèse sees Laurent's scar?
3. What does Laurent do when he rents his studio?
4. What are the Thursday night gatherings like after Madame Raquin's stroke?
5. Why are Thérèse and Laurent nervous on their wedding night?
6. How do Laurent and Thérèse get Madame Raquin to suggest they get married?
7. What makes Thérèse and Laurent decide they can never kiss in "Chapter XXIII"?
8. Why do Laurent and Thérèse take such great care of Madame Raquin when she falls ill?
9. What does the cat do on Thérèse and Laurent's wedding night?
10. How does Madame Raquin feel about Thérèse getting remarried?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)