|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Laurent dislike about his new clothes in "Chapter XX"?
(a) Thérèse makes fun of them.
(b) They cost too much money.
(c) They don't fit him right.
(d) They bother his wound.
2. Why does Laurent threaten Thérèse at the end of "Chapter XXII"?
(a) He wants to move away to a new apartment.
(b) He wants to stop worrying about Camille.
(c) He is angry at Madame Raquin.
(d) He wants Thérèse to kiss him.
3. Where does Laurent spend his night in "Chapter XVII"?
(a) A hotel.
(b) His apartment.
(c) A wine shop.
(d) The Raquins' shop.
4. In "Chapter XXIII", what does Thérèse do when she admits Camille has triumphed over her?
(a) She leaves the room.
(b) She shakes her head.
(c) She cries.
(d) She laughs.
5. How does the author describe Thérèse and Laurent's wedding ceremony?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Laurent and Thérèse want Madame Raquin to suggest the get married?
2. After painting in the mornings, what does Laurent do in the afternoons in "Chapter XXV"?
3. How is Laurent able to buy new clothes in "Chapter XX"?
4. In "Chapter XXX", what does Madame Raquin do that makes Laurent tell Thérèse to leave her alone?
5. Why does Laurent talk about his old times with Thérèse on their wedding night?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Madame Raquin feel about the care Thérèse and Laurent give her when she is ill?
2. What is Thérèse and Laurent's wedding like?
3. In "Chapter XVII", what does Laurent decide about Thérèse?
4. Why does Thérèse kiss Madame Raquin in "Chapter XXIX"?
5. Why does Thérèse argue against Laurent renting a studio at first?
6. Why can't Madame Raquin tell everyone that she knows Laurent and Thérèse killed Camille?
7. What does Laurent do when he rents his studio?
8. What does Laurent do when Thérèse starts kissing her aunt daily?
9. Why are Thérèse and Laurent nervous on their wedding night?
10. How does Thérèse feel about the Thursday night gatherings after Camille's death?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)