|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who watches the shop after Madame Raquin becomes unable to speak?
(c) Madame Raquin.
2. How does Madame Raquin describe the marriage between Thérèse and Laurent?
3. How is Laurent able to buy new clothes in "Chapter XX"?
(a) He gets a bonus at work.
(b) He sells a painting.
(c) He buys them on credit.
(d) Madame Raquin gives him money.
4. What does Laurent tell Thérèse when she says she is repenting in "Chapter XXX"?
(a) A messenger.
(b) A hypocrite.
(c) A fool.
(d) A traitor.
5. What does Thérèse do when Laurent enters her room after the wedding?
(a) She starts to cry.
(b) She avoids looking at him.
(c) She greets him kindly.
(d) She laughs.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter XVIII", what emotion is said to connect Thérèse and Laurent?
2. How does the author describe Thérèse and Laurent's wedding ceremony?
3. Why does Thérèse kiss Madame Raquin's face after the first time in "Chapter XXIX"?
4. How often does Thérèse kiss Madame Raquin in "Chapter XXIX"?
5. In "Chapter XXX", what does Madame Raquin do that makes Laurent tell Thérèse to leave her alone?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Laurent realize Madame Raquin knows he and Thérèse killed Camille?
2. In "Chapter XVII", what does Laurent decide about Thérèse?
3. How does Laurent feel about murdering Camille in "Chapter XXII"?
4. How does Laurent end up officially engaged to Thérèse?
5. How does Madame Raquin feel about Thérèse getting remarried?
6. What are the Thursday night gatherings like after Madame Raquin's stroke?
7. Why can't Madame Raquin tell everyone that she knows Laurent and Thérèse killed Camille?
8. How do Laurent and Thérèse react to Madame Raquin's stroke?
9. What happens when Thérèse sees Laurent's scar?
10. Why are Thérèse and Laurent nervous on their wedding night?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)