|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Thérèse think the Thursday night gatherings will help with Camille's death?
(a) They will eliminate suspicion.
(b) They will help her forget him.
(c) They will validate her marriage.
(d) They will help his mother remember him.
2. How does the narrator describe Thérèse's days after she is married to Laurent?
3. Why does Laurent force Thérèse's head to his neck in "Chapter XXI"?
(a) To convince her he loves her.
(b) To keep her quiet.
(c) To smell him.
(d) To kiss his wound.
4. How is Laurent able to buy new clothes in "Chapter XX"?
(a) He buys them on credit.
(b) Madame Raquin gives him money.
(c) He sells a painting.
(d) He gets a bonus at work.
5. What does Madame Raquin do when Thérèse and Laurent's engagement becomes official?
(a) She hugs them both.
(b) She throws a party.
(c) She gives them her money.
(d) She moves out of the shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter XXVIII", what reminds Thérèse about Camille's drowning?
2. Why does Thérèse kiss Laurent in "Chapter XXII"?
3. Why does Laurent finally resolve to marry Thérèse?
4. What makes Michaud confident that the Thursday night gatherings will continue?
5. What eases Madame Raquin's worries about her paralysis?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Laurent and Thérèse take such great care of Madame Raquin when she falls ill?
2. What happens when Thérèse sees Laurent's scar?
3. What does Laurent do when he rents his studio?
4. How does Laurent realize Madame Raquin knows he and Thérèse killed Camille?
5. Why are Thérèse and Laurent nervous on their wedding night?
6. What does Laurent do when Thérèse starts kissing her aunt daily?
7. How does Laurent feel about murdering Camille in "Chapter XXII"?
8. What does the cat do on Thérèse and Laurent's wedding night?
9. What does Madame Raquin do after reading the letter from Laurent's father about his engagement?
10. How does Thérèse show her remorse in "Chapter XXIX"?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)