|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Madame Raquin say she is happy to have given her money away?
(a) Because she can't think of how to spend it.
(b) Because she no longer feels burdened.
(c) Because she loves Thérèse like a daughter.
(d) Because of the care Thérèse and Laurent give her.
2. What does Grivet believe after Madame Raquin stops talking?
(a) That he can read her mind.
(b) That it's the work of a ghost.
(c) That she is faking.
(d) That she will start speaking at the end of the month.
3. Why is Thérèse disgusted with kissing Madame Raquin's face in "Chapter XXIX"?
(a) Because she is old.
(b) Because it is cold.
(c) Because Laurent teases her about it.
(d) Because she feels guilty.
4. Why does Thérèse begin begging for forgiveness?
(a) Because she wants to make Madame Raquin feel better.
(b) Because it makes Laurent angry.
(c) Because she believes Camille can hear her.
(d) Because it makes her feel better.
5. When Laurent gets his studio, how long does he have it before he paints?
(a) One week.
(b) Two days.
(c) One day.
(d) Two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does Thérèse kiss Madame Raquin in "Chapter XXIX"?
2. What does Grivet toast to at Thérèse and Laurent's wedding?
3. What happens when Thérèse compares Laurent to Camille in "Chapter XXX"?
4. Why does Laurent force Thérèse's head to his neck in "Chapter XXI"?
5. After painting in the mornings, what does Laurent do in the afternoons in "Chapter XXV"?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)