|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why won't Thérèse take down Laurent's portrait of Camille?
(a) She can't reach it.
(b) She likes to look at it.
(c) She is afraid to.
(d) She is afraid of breaking it.
2. Why does Laurent have a vision of lined up drowned bodies?
(a) Because he walked past the morgue.
(b) Because he looked at the river.
(c) Because someone mentioned drowning.
(d) He wasn't sure why.
3. Why do Laurent and Thérèse spend their first few nights married sitting in chairs?
(a) They get into deep debates.
(b) They don't have a bed.
(c) They are afraid to lie down.
(d) They love their new chairs.
4. How does Madame Raquin feel when Thérèse confesses to her and asks for forgiveness?
5. Why does Madame Raquin feel Laurent would be an acceptable husband for Thérèse?
(a) He is a like a second son to her.
(b) She isn't sure he would be a good husband.
(c) He has never stolen from the store.
(d) He is kind to Thérèse.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Michaud interact with Madame Raquin after she becomes unable to speak?
2. In "Chapter XVII", where does Laurent go after work?
3. Why is Thérèse disgusted with kissing Madame Raquin's face in "Chapter XXIX"?
4. Why does Laurent threaten Thérèse at the end of "Chapter XXII"?
5. How does Laurent describe his scar in "Chapter XVII"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Laurent and Thérèse react to Madame Raquin's stroke?
2. Why does Thérèse kiss Madame Raquin in "Chapter XXIX"?
3. How does Laurent end up officially engaged to Thérèse?
4. How does Madame Raquin feel about Thérèse getting remarried?
5. What does Laurent do when he rents his studio?
6. How does Madame Raquin feel about the care Thérèse and Laurent give her when she is ill?
7. What does Laurent begin dreaming about after Camille's death?
8. Why are Thérèse and Laurent nervous on their wedding night?
9. How does Thérèse feel about the Thursday night gatherings after Camille's death?
10. Why does Thérèse argue against Laurent renting a studio at first?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)