|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Thérèse and Laurent avoid going to bed at night after they are married?
(a) They do chores.
(b) They invite Grivet over for drinks.
(c) They talk to Madame Raquin.
(d) They read until late.
2. What does Laurent threaten to do if he doesn't get a studio to paint in?
(a) He will tell Madame Raquin about Camille's murder.
(b) He will spend all of their money foolishly.
(c) He will tell the police about Camille's murder.
(d) He will leave Thérèse alone with Camille's ghost.
3. What happens when Thérèse compares Laurent to Camille in "Chapter XXX"?
(a) She can't compare them without crying.
(b) Laurent looks better.
(c) Camille looks better.
(d) They look about the same.
4. What does Grivet believe after Madame Raquin stops talking?
(a) That he can read her mind.
(b) That she is faking.
(c) That it's the work of a ghost.
(d) That she will start speaking at the end of the month.
5. In "Chapter XXV", why does Laurent smash a canvas?
(a) Because it looks like Camille.
(b) Because his friend insulted his work.
(c) Because he feels like he lost his talent.
(d) Because he is bored.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Laurent feel about walking home in "Chapter XVII"?
2. Why does Laurent stay under the bridge during the storm?
3. How does Michaud interact with Madame Raquin after she becomes unable to speak?
4. What does Laurent tell Thérèse when she says she is repenting in "Chapter XXX"?
5. In "Chapter XVII", where does Laurent go after work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Thérèse argue against Laurent renting a studio at first?
2. Why can't Madame Raquin tell everyone that she knows Laurent and Thérèse killed Camille?
3. How do Laurent and Thérèse get Madame Raquin to suggest they get married?
4. Why does Thérèse compare Camille to Laurent in "Chapter XXX"?
5. What does the cat do on Thérèse and Laurent's wedding night?
6. How does Laurent realize Madame Raquin knows he and Thérèse killed Camille?
7. How does Laurent end up officially engaged to Thérèse?
8. What does Laurent do when he rents his studio?
9. What does Laurent begin dreaming about after Camille's death?
10. In "Chapter XVII", what does Laurent decide about Thérèse?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)