|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Laurent dislike about his new clothes in "Chapter XX"?
(a) They bother his wound.
(b) They cost too much money.
(c) They don't fit him right.
(d) Thérèse makes fun of them.
2. What does Laurent tell Thérèse when she says she is repenting in "Chapter XXX"?
(a) A traitor.
(b) A messenger.
(c) A fool.
(d) A hypocrite.
3. In "Chapter XVII", what does Laurent imagine Camille doing to him?
(a) Forgiving him.
(b) Punishing him.
(c) Shaking his bed.
(d) Slapping him.
4. How does Thérèse try to confuse her aunt in "Chapter XXI"?
(a) She plays loud music.
(b) She makes up a story about Grivet.
(c) She lies about the cat.
(d) She messes up the bed.
5. In "Chapter XVIII", what emotion is said to connect Thérèse and Laurent?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe Thérèse's days after she is married to Laurent?
2. Why does Laurent finally resolve to marry Thérèse?
3. In "Chapter XXVII", why do Thérèse and Laurent argue about Madame Raquin attending the Thursday night gathering?
4. Who watches the shop after Madame Raquin becomes unable to speak?
5. Who does Madame Raquin consult about Thérèse's depression in "Chapter XIV"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Laurent and Thérèse want to end their fear of Camille's ghost?
2. What does Laurent do when Thérèse starts kissing her aunt daily?
3. How does Thérèse show her remorse in "Chapter XXIX"?
4. How does Madame Raquin feel about Thérèse getting remarried?
5. How does Laurent end up officially engaged to Thérèse?
6. How does Thérèse feel about the Thursday night gatherings after Camille's death?
7. Why does Thérèse compare Camille to Laurent in "Chapter XXX"?
8. How do Laurent and Thérèse get Madame Raquin to suggest they get married?
9. Why do Laurent and Thérèse take such great care of Madame Raquin when she falls ill?
10. What does Madame Raquin do after reading the letter from Laurent's father about his engagement?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)