|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Laurent gets his studio, how long does he have it before he paints?
(a) One day.
(b) One week.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two days.
2. Why does Laurent finally resolve to marry Thérèse?
(a) He wants to start painting again.
(b) Camille tells him to in a dream.
(c) He believes he won't be afraid with her.
(d) He knows he loves her.
3. Why does Laurent force Thérèse's head to his neck in "Chapter XXI"?
(a) To keep her quiet.
(b) To convince her he loves her.
(c) To kiss his wound.
(d) To smell him.
4. What does Laurent dislike about his new clothes in "Chapter XX"?
(a) Thérèse makes fun of them.
(b) They bother his wound.
(c) They cost too much money.
(d) They don't fit him right.
5. Why does Madame Raquin say she is happy to have given her money away?
(a) Because of the care Thérèse and Laurent give her.
(b) Because she loves Thérèse like a daughter.
(c) Because she no longer feels burdened.
(d) Because she can't think of how to spend it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Michaud confident that the Thursday night gatherings will continue?
2. In "Chapter XXVII", why do Thérèse and Laurent argue about Madame Raquin attending the Thursday night gathering?
3. How does Laurent feel about walking home in "Chapter XVII"?
4. In "Chapter XVII", where does Laurent go after work?
5. In "Chapter XVII", what does Laurent imagine Camille doing to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Thérèse argue against Laurent renting a studio at first?
2. How does Thérèse show her remorse in "Chapter XXIX"?
3. How does Laurent feel about murdering Camille in "Chapter XXII"?
4. How do Laurent and Thérèse react to Madame Raquin's stroke?
5. What are the Thursday night gatherings like after Madame Raquin's stroke?
6. What does the cat do on Thérèse and Laurent's wedding night?
7. What is Thérèse and Laurent's wedding like?
8. What does Laurent begin dreaming about after Camille's death?
9. What happens when Thérèse sees Laurent's scar?
10. Why do Laurent and Thérèse take such great care of Madame Raquin when she falls ill?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)