|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Madame Raquin try to communicate in "Chapter XXVII"?
(a) She blinks her eyes and nods her head.
(b) She plays a piano.
(c) She traces words with her finger.
(d) She tries sign language.
2. What does Laurent dislike about his new clothes in "Chapter XX"?
(a) They cost too much money.
(b) They bother his wound.
(c) They don't fit him right.
(d) Thérèse makes fun of them.
3. When Laurent gets his studio, how long does he have it before he paints?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) One day.
(d) Two days.
4. In "Chapter XVII", where does Laurent go after work?
(a) To a library.
(b) To the pub.
(c) To see Thérèse.
5. What does Thérèse see in her aunt when she kisses her in "Chapter XXIX"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Thérèse and Laurent avoid going to bed at night after they are married?
2. Why does Thérèse begin begging for forgiveness?
3. In "Chapter XXX", how does Thérèse describe herself to Laurent?
4. How does Michaud interact with Madame Raquin after she becomes unable to speak?
5. What does Madame Raquin do when Thérèse and Laurent's engagement becomes official?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)