|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Laurent threaten Thérèse at the end of "Chapter XXII"?
(a) He is angry at Madame Raquin.
(b) He wants to move away to a new apartment.
(c) He wants to stop worrying about Camille.
(d) He wants Thérèse to kiss him.
2. What does Laurent threaten to do if he doesn't get a studio to paint in?
(a) He will tell Madame Raquin about Camille's murder.
(b) He will leave Thérèse alone with Camille's ghost.
(c) He will spend all of their money foolishly.
(d) He will tell the police about Camille's murder.
3. How does Thérèse first respond when Laurent says he wants to rent a studio?
(a) She thinks it is a good idea.
(b) She refuses to give him money.
(c) She is worried the studio will be haunted.
(d) She is confused why he wants a studio.
4. What eases Madame Raquin's worries about her paralysis?
(a) Laurent's jokes.
(b) Grivet's help.
(c) Thérèse's happiness.
(d) Michaud's medical advice.
5. In "Chapter XVII", what does Laurent imagine Camille doing to him?
(a) Shaking his bed.
(b) Slapping him.
(c) Punishing him.
(d) Forgiving him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Laurent able to buy new clothes in "Chapter XX"?
2. What does Thérèse do after Laurent forces her head to his neck in "Chapter XXI"?
3. How does Madame Raquin describe the marriage between Thérèse and Laurent?
4. Why does Laurent have a vision of lined up drowned bodies?
5. How does Laurent react to Thérèse kissing her aunt's face?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Thérèse show her remorse in "Chapter XXIX"?
2. What is Thérèse and Laurent's wedding like?
3. How does Laurent realize Madame Raquin knows he and Thérèse killed Camille?
4. Why can't Madame Raquin tell everyone that she knows Laurent and Thérèse killed Camille?
5. How does Madame Raquin feel about the care Thérèse and Laurent give her when she is ill?
6. How does Madame Raquin feel about Thérèse getting remarried?
7. How do Laurent and Thérèse react to Madame Raquin's stroke?
8. What happens when Thérèse sees Laurent's scar?
9. What does the cat do on Thérèse and Laurent's wedding night?
10. Why does Thérèse kiss Madame Raquin in "Chapter XXIX"?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)