|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter XXV", why does Laurent smash a canvas?
(a) Because his friend insulted his work.
(b) Because he feels like he lost his talent.
(c) Because he is bored.
(d) Because it looks like Camille.
2. Why does Laurent talk about his old times with Thérèse on their wedding night?
(a) To prove that they were right in their plotting.
(b) To make Thérèse laugh.
(c) To make himself feel better.
(d) To try to rekindle their love.
3. Where does Laurent spend his night in "Chapter XVII"?
(a) The Raquins' shop.
(b) A wine shop.
(c) A hotel.
(d) His apartment.
4. In "Chapter XXV", what does Laurent's friend say about his paintings?
(a) They resemble each other.
(b) They are a little clumsy.
(c) They are all so green.
(d) They are very mature.
5. How does Madame Raquin feel when Thérèse confesses to her and asks for forgiveness?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter XVII", what does Laurent imagine Camille doing to him?
2. Why does Madame Raquin become unable to speak?
3. Why does Laurent finally resolve to marry Thérèse?
4. Why does Thérèse begin acting depressed about Madame Raquin in "Chapter XIV"?
5. Why does Laurent shove Thérèse away from him in "Chapter XXIII"?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)