|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter XXVIII", what reminds Thérèse about Camille's drowning?
(a) The water temperature.
(b) A newspaper article.
(c) The delivery man.
(d) A rain storm.
2. In "Chapter XVII", what does Laurent imagine Camille doing to him?
(a) Slapping him.
(b) Punishing him.
(c) Forgiving him.
(d) Shaking his bed.
3. When Laurent gets his studio, how long does he have it before he paints?
(a) One day.
(b) Two days.
(c) One week.
(d) Two weeks.
4. In "Chapter XXV", what does Laurent's friend say about his paintings?
(a) They are very mature.
(b) They resemble each other.
(c) They are all so green.
(d) They are a little clumsy.
5. Why does Laurent threaten Thérèse at the end of "Chapter XXII"?
(a) He is angry at Madame Raquin.
(b) He wants to move away to a new apartment.
(c) He wants Thérèse to kiss him.
(d) He wants to stop worrying about Camille.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thérèse do when Laurent enters her room after the wedding?
2. What worries Laurent when Madame Raquin becomes ill?
3. What does Madame Raquin do when Thérèse and Laurent's engagement becomes official?
4. In "Chapter XVII", where does Laurent go after work?
5. Why does Madame Raquin feel Laurent would be an acceptable husband for Thérèse?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Laurent and Thérèse take such great care of Madame Raquin when she falls ill?
2. Why does Thérèse compare Camille to Laurent in "Chapter XXX"?
3. What does Laurent do when he rents his studio?
4. Why can't Madame Raquin tell everyone that she knows Laurent and Thérèse killed Camille?
5. How does Thérèse show her remorse in "Chapter XXIX"?
6. What are the Thursday night gatherings like after Madame Raquin's stroke?
7. How does Thérèse feel about the Thursday night gatherings after Camille's death?
8. Why does Thérèse argue against Laurent renting a studio at first?
9. How do Laurent and Thérèse get Madame Raquin to suggest they get married?
10. What happens when Thérèse sees Laurent's scar?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)