|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter XXX", what does Madame Raquin do that makes Laurent tell Thérèse to leave her alone?
(a) She moans.
(b) She waves her hands.
(c) She shuts her eyes.
(d) She cries.
2. Why does Madame Raquin become unable to speak?
(a) She takes an oath of silence.
(b) She falls into a coma.
(c) She has a stroke.
(d) She loses her voice.
3. Why does Thérèse begin acting depressed about Madame Raquin in "Chapter XIV"?
(a) To stop feeling guilty.
(b) Because she wants Laurent to visit.
(c) Because she really is depressed.
(d) To get her attention.
4. What happens when Thérèse compares Laurent to Camille in "Chapter XXX"?
(a) Laurent looks better.
(b) Camille looks better.
(c) She can't compare them without crying.
(d) They look about the same.
5. In "Chapter XXIII", what does Thérèse do when she admits Camille has triumphed over her?
(a) She shakes her head.
(b) She leaves the room.
(c) She cries.
(d) She laughs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Laurent and Thérèse want Madame Raquin to suggest the get married?
2. What does Thérèse do when Laurent enters her room after the wedding?
3. What does Thérèse do after Laurent forces her head to his neck in "Chapter XXI"?
4. How does the cat scare Laurent and Thérèse on their wedding night?
5. Who does Madame Raquin consult about Thérèse's depression in "Chapter XIV"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Madame Raquin do after reading the letter from Laurent's father about his engagement?
2. How does Thérèse feel about the Thursday night gatherings after Camille's death?
3. What does the cat do on Thérèse and Laurent's wedding night?
4. What makes Thérèse and Laurent decide they can never kiss in "Chapter XXIII"?
5. How does Laurent feel about murdering Camille in "Chapter XXII"?
6. How do Laurent and Thérèse get Madame Raquin to suggest they get married?
7. What does Laurent do when Thérèse starts kissing her aunt daily?
8. Why does Thérèse compare Camille to Laurent in "Chapter XXX"?
9. What happens when Thérèse sees Laurent's scar?
10. What is Thérèse and Laurent's wedding like?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)