|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Michaud confident that the Thursday night gatherings will continue?
(a) Grivet promises to keep them going.
(b) Thérèse's wedding.
(c) Laurent avoiding the shop.
(d) Madame Raquin starts attending them again.
2. In "Chapter XVII", where does Laurent go after work?
(a) To see Thérèse.
(b) To the pub.
(c) To a library.
3. What does Laurent begin dreaming of in "Chapter XVII"?
(a) Camille's body.
(b) Madame Raquin.
4. What happens when Thérèse compares Laurent to Camille in "Chapter XXX"?
(a) They look about the same.
(b) She can't compare them without crying.
(c) Camille looks better.
(d) Laurent looks better.
5. Why does Laurent want to hurt the cat on his wedding night?
(a) He has never liked the cat.
(b) Thérèse asks him to.
(c) He fears the cat will avenge Camille's death.
(d) He is angry at the cat for ruining his night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Madame Raquin consult about Thérèse's depression in "Chapter XIV"?
2. Why won't Thérèse take down Laurent's portrait of Camille?
3. How do Thérèse and Laurent avoid going to bed at night after they are married?
4. How does the author describe Thérèse and Laurent's wedding ceremony?
5. Why does Madame Raquin feel Laurent would be an acceptable husband for Thérèse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Thérèse sees Laurent's scar?
2. In "Chapter XVII", what does Laurent decide about Thérèse?
3. How does Madame Raquin feel about the care Thérèse and Laurent give her when she is ill?
4. How does Laurent end up officially engaged to Thérèse?
5. How do Laurent and Thérèse want to end their fear of Camille's ghost?
6. How does Madame Raquin feel about Thérèse getting remarried?
7. Why do Laurent and Thérèse take such great care of Madame Raquin when she falls ill?
8. Why are Thérèse and Laurent nervous on their wedding night?
9. What does Laurent do when Thérèse starts kissing her aunt daily?
10. What is Thérèse and Laurent's wedding like?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)