|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter XXV", what does Laurent's friend say about his paintings?
(a) They are a little clumsy.
(b) They resemble each other.
(c) They are all so green.
(d) They are very mature.
2. What does Thérèse do when Laurent enters her room after the wedding?
(a) She avoids looking at him.
(b) She starts to cry.
(c) She greets him kindly.
(d) She laughs.
3. How does Thérèse think the Thursday night gatherings will help with Camille's death?
(a) They will eliminate suspicion.
(b) They will validate her marriage.
(c) They will help her forget him.
(d) They will help his mother remember him.
4. How do Thérèse and Laurent decide to avoid hallucinating about Camille in the future in "Chapter XXIII"?
(a) They will destroy Camille's portrait.
(b) They don't know how to avoid it.
(c) They will never speak of Camille again.
(d) They will never kiss again.
5. Why does Laurent want to hurt the cat on his wedding night?
(a) He has never liked the cat.
(b) He fears the cat will avenge Camille's death.
(c) Thérèse asks him to.
(d) He is angry at the cat for ruining his night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Thérèse begin acting depressed about Madame Raquin in "Chapter XIV"?
2. What does Laurent begin dreaming of in "Chapter XVII"?
3. In "Chapter XVII", where does Laurent go after work?
4. How does Thérèse first respond when Laurent says he wants to rent a studio?
5. Who does Madame Raquin consult about Thérèse's depression in "Chapter XIV"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Laurent do when he rents his studio?
2. How does Laurent realize Madame Raquin knows he and Thérèse killed Camille?
3. Why does Thérèse argue against Laurent renting a studio at first?
4. Why does Thérèse kiss Madame Raquin in "Chapter XXIX"?
5. Why do Laurent and Thérèse take such great care of Madame Raquin when she falls ill?
6. What are the Thursday night gatherings like after Madame Raquin's stroke?
7. In "Chapter XVII", what does Laurent decide about Thérèse?
8. What does the cat do on Thérèse and Laurent's wedding night?
9. How does Laurent feel about murdering Camille in "Chapter XXII"?
10. How does Thérèse feel about the Thursday night gatherings after Camille's death?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)