|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After painting in the mornings, what does Laurent do in the afternoons in "Chapter XXV"?
(a) He takes a nap.
(b) He shops for supplies.
(c) He reads.
(d) He walks around the city.
2. Why do Laurent and Thérèse want Madame Raquin to suggest the get married?
(a) So they can wait longer before getting married.
(b) So they won't have to decide themselves.
(c) To have her blessing.
(d) To avoid looking guilty.
3. Why does Madame Raquin feel Laurent would be an acceptable husband for Thérèse?
(a) He is a like a second son to her.
(b) He is kind to Thérèse.
(c) He has never stolen from the store.
(d) She isn't sure he would be a good husband.
4. How does Thérèse try to confuse her aunt in "Chapter XXI"?
(a) She messes up the bed.
(b) She lies about the cat.
(c) She plays loud music.
(d) She makes up a story about Grivet.
5. Why does Madame Raquin become unable to speak?
(a) She falls into a coma.
(b) She loses her voice.
(c) She takes an oath of silence.
(d) She has a stroke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Thérèse disgusted with kissing Madame Raquin's face in "Chapter XXIX"?
2. What does Madame Raquin do when Thérèse and Laurent's engagement becomes official?
3. Why do Laurent and Thérèse spend their first few nights married sitting in chairs?
4. What eases Madame Raquin's worries about her paralysis?
5. What does Laurent see in Madame Raquin's face when she realizes he killed Camille?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Thérèse compare Camille to Laurent in "Chapter XXX"?
2. How does Madame Raquin feel about Thérèse getting remarried?
3. What does Laurent begin dreaming about after Camille's death?
4. How do Laurent and Thérèse react to Madame Raquin's stroke?
5. Why do Laurent and Thérèse take such great care of Madame Raquin when she falls ill?
6. How does Laurent feel about murdering Camille in "Chapter XXII"?
7. What does the cat do on Thérèse and Laurent's wedding night?
8. How does Thérèse feel about the Thursday night gatherings after Camille's death?
9. Why can't Madame Raquin tell everyone that she knows Laurent and Thérèse killed Camille?
10. What happens when Thérèse sees Laurent's scar?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)