|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter XVII", what does Laurent imagine Camille doing to him?
(a) Forgiving him.
(b) Punishing him.
(c) Shaking his bed.
(d) Slapping him.
2. Why do Laurent and Thérèse want Madame Raquin to suggest the get married?
(a) So they can wait longer before getting married.
(b) So they won't have to decide themselves.
(c) To have her blessing.
(d) To avoid looking guilty.
3. Why does Madame Raquin say she is happy to have given her money away?
(a) Because she loves Thérèse like a daughter.
(b) Because she can't think of how to spend it.
(c) Because of the care Thérèse and Laurent give her.
(d) Because she no longer feels burdened.
4. What does Laurent dislike about his new clothes in "Chapter XX"?
(a) They bother his wound.
(b) They don't fit him right.
(c) They cost too much money.
(d) Thérèse makes fun of them.
5. Why does Laurent stay under the bridge during the storm?
(a) He was waiting for Thérèse.
(b) To avoid going home.
(c) Because he was lost.
(d) Because he was drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author describe Thérèse and Laurent's wedding ceremony?
2. Why is Laurent violent toward Thérèse in "Chapter XXIII"?
3. How do Thérèse and Laurent avoid going to bed at night after they are married?
4. Why does Thérèse begin acting depressed about Madame Raquin in "Chapter XIV"?
5. How often does Thérèse kiss Madame Raquin in "Chapter XXIX"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Laurent do when he rents his studio?
2. How does Laurent feel about murdering Camille in "Chapter XXII"?
3. How do Laurent and Thérèse get Madame Raquin to suggest they get married?
4. Why do Laurent and Thérèse take such great care of Madame Raquin when she falls ill?
5. How do Laurent and Thérèse react to Madame Raquin's stroke?
6. How do Laurent and Thérèse want to end their fear of Camille's ghost?
7. How does Madame Raquin feel about the care Thérèse and Laurent give her when she is ill?
8. What makes Thérèse and Laurent decide they can never kiss in "Chapter XXIII"?
9. What does Madame Raquin do after reading the letter from Laurent's father about his engagement?
10. How does Laurent end up officially engaged to Thérèse?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)