|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author describe Thérèse and Laurent's wedding ceremony?
2. In "Chapter XXX", how does Thérèse describe herself to Laurent?
(a) As being guilty.
(b) As being less happy.
(c) As being lonely.
(d) As being more peaceful.
3. Why do Laurent and Thérèse become terrified on their wedding night?
(a) They think someone is watching them.
(b) They don't want to be with each other.
(c) They fear Camille's ghost.
(d) They realize they are guilty.
4. What does Grivet toast to at Thérèse and Laurent's wedding?
(a) Their health.
(b) Their wealth.
(c) Their parents.
(d) Their children.
5. In "Chapter XXVIII", why do Thérèse and Laurent let Madame Raquin listen to their arguments?
(a) So she can learn the truth.
(b) So they don't hit each other.
(c) To cause her pain.
(d) To have her say who is right.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Laurent talk about his old times with Thérèse on their wedding night?
2. Why does Laurent stay under the bridge during the storm?
3. Why does Thérèse begin acting depressed about Madame Raquin in "Chapter XIV"?
4. How do Thérèse and Laurent decide to avoid hallucinating about Camille in the future in "Chapter XXIII"?
5. In "Chapter XXX", what does Madame Raquin do that makes Laurent tell Thérèse to leave her alone?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)