|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Grivet's story in "Chapter X", why does the servant go to jail?
(a) For quitting her job.
(b) For running away.
(c) For stealing silver.
(d) For poisoning his master.
2. Why does Thérèse go to her aunt in "Chapter XIV"?
(a) To ask to leave.
(b) To beg for forgiveness.
(c) To cry.
(d) To reopen the shop.
3. What game do the Raquins play in "Chapter IV"?
(a) Gin rummy.
4. In "Chapter VII", what worries Laurent most about Thérèse's involvement in their affair?
(a) She seems reluctant to take part in the affair.
(b) She doesn't seem to worry about being caught.
(c) She starts to lose interest in him.
(d) She talks about it too much.
5. How does Thérèse know Laurent?
(a) From the shop.
(b) From her aunt's church.
(c) From Camille's work.
(d) From her childhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does Laurent visit the morgue in "Chapter XIII"?
2. What does Laurent say he went to school for?
3. Where does Laurent weigh the pros and cons of killing Camille?
4. How long does Laurent fear he may have to go without seeing Thérèse while planning how to kill Camille?
5. In "Chapter IX", what do Laurent and Thérèse say would happen if Camille were to have an accident?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Thérèse meets the student?
2. How does Laurent stage the boating accident?
3. What happens when Camille's body ends up in the morgue?
4. What plan does Laurent come up with the kill Camille?
5. How do Laurent and Thérèse find time to meet with each other?
6. Why doesn't Laurent make his living as a painter?
7. What is Thérèse's mourning like?
8. How do the newspapers report upon Camille's death?
9. What happens when Laurent begins painting Camille's portrait?
10. In "Chapter IV", what is the Thursday gathering like at the Raquin apartment?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)