|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of "Chapter III", how much time does the narrator say has passed since the Raquins obtained the shop in Paris?
(a) Three years.
(b) One year.
(c) Two years.
(d) Four years.
2. In "Chapter II", what does the narrator say Camille dealt with as a child?
(b) An absent father.
(d) A drunk mother.
3. What does Thérèse do when Madame Raquin cries in "Chapter XV"?
(a) She leaves the room.
(b) She sits quietly.
(c) She tries to confess.
(d) She cries also.
4. Why does Laurent go to Paris alone after Camille's death?
(a) To steal Thérèse's belongings.
(b) To go into hiding.
(c) To find a job.
(d) To tell Madame Raquin.
5. In "Chapter IX", what is one pro Laurent thinks of for killing Camille?
(a) The money.
(b) The fame.
(c) He could prove his power.
(d) He could marry Thérèse.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Grivet's story in "Chapter X", why does the servant go to jail?
2. Why does Laurent capsize the boat after throwing Camille in?
3. In "Chapter XI", who gets in the boat first?
4. What does Camille do the Laurent before being thrown in the river?
5. In "Chapter IX", how long does Laurent figure he can remain idle?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Thérèse change when Laurent becomes a regular guest in "Chapter V"?
2. How do Thérèse and Laurent feel about killing Camille in "Chapter IX"?
3. What happens when Camille leaves to get champagne in "Chapter VI"?
4. How do Laurent and Thérèse find time to meet with each other?
5. In "Chapter IV", what is the Thursday gathering like at the Raquin apartment?
6. What was Camille's childhood like?
7. What plan does Laurent come up with the kill Camille?
8. How does Laurent manage to throw Camille in the water?
9. In "Chapter X", what crimes are discussed?
10. In "Chapter I", what do the three people in the shop do?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)