|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Grivet's story in "Chapter X", why does the servant go to jail?
(a) For quitting her job.
(b) For stealing silver.
(c) For running away.
(d) For poisoning his master.
2. In "Chapter II", why does the narrator say Thérèse was excited about living in the country?
(a) The work opportunities.
(b) The education.
(c) The freedom.
(d) The men.
3. In "Chapter VI", how does the narrator describe Laurent's portrait?
4. In "Chapter XI", what does Laurent first think to do to kill Camille?
(a) Poison him.
(b) Drown him.
(c) Hit him in the head.
(d) Strangle him.
5. Where does Laurent weigh the pros and cons of killing Camille?
(a) In his bed.
(b) On the metro.
(c) In Thérèse's apartment.
(d) At work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Thérèse start reading in "Chapter XVI"?
2. Why does Thérèse keep running downstairs in "Chapter IV"?
3. What does Camille do the Laurent before being thrown in the river?
4. Why does Laurent go to Paris alone after Camille's death?
5. In "Chapter IV", who does Camille invite over?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Laurent visit the morgue?
2. What does Laurent do after Camille's death?
3. Why doesn't Laurent make his living as a painter?
4. How did Madame Raquin react when Camille said he wanted to move to the city?
5. How does Thérèse act during the Thursday gatherings once she starts her affair with Laurent?
6. In "Chapter X", what crimes are discussed?
7. How does Thérèse change when Laurent becomes a regular guest in "Chapter V"?
8. What does Thérèse feel she proves when Madame Raquin comes into her room in "Chapter VII"?
9. What does Laurent do at the shop after Camille's death?
10. How does Laurent stage the boating accident?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)