|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of "Chapter III", how much time does the narrator say has passed since the Raquins obtained the shop in Paris?
(a) One year.
(b) Four years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Two years.
2. How long does Laurent fear he may have to go without seeing Thérèse while planning how to kill Camille?
(a) Over a year.
(b) A few weeks.
(c) A few months.
(d) A few days.
3. Why does Laurent capsize the boat after throwing Camille in?
(a) To frighten Thérèse.
(b) To destroy the evidence.
(c) To make it look like an accident.
(d) Laurent doesn't capsize the boat.
4. What game do the Raquins play in "Chapter IV"?
(a) Gin rummy.
5. Who did Michaud used to work for?
(a) The police.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A university.
(d) The governor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Madame Raquin know Michaud?
2. In "Chapter IX", what do Laurent and Thérèse say would happen if Camille were to have an accident?
3. In "Chapter XI", what does Laurent first think to do to kill Camille?
4. In "Chapter V", whose portrait does Laurent offer to paint?
5. In Grivet's story in "Chapter X", why does the servant go to jail?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Laurent and Thérèse find time to meet with each other?
2. How did Thérèse end up with Madame Raquin?
3. How do the newspapers report upon Camille's death?
4. What worries Laurent about marrying Thérèse after Camille's death?
5. What happens when Camille's body ends up in the morgue?
6. What happens when Thérèse meets the student?
7. How does Laurent manage to throw Camille in the water?
8. What happens the first time Camille invites Laurent over to his apartment?
9. How does Laurent stage the boating accident?
10. How does Thérèse act during the Thursday gatherings once she starts her affair with Laurent?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)