|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Laurent tell the rescuers Camille was doing before he fell in the water?
2. Where does Laurent weigh the pros and cons of killing Camille?
(a) In his bed.
(b) At work.
(c) In Thérèse's apartment.
(d) On the metro.
3. How does Laurent describe Camille when he sees him at the morgue?
4. In "Chapter I", what does the old woman do in the shop?
(a) Tells jokes.
(b) Organizes the ribbons.
5. In "Chapter IX", where does Thérèse begin to sleep?
(a) In the shop.
(b) Far away from her husband.
(c) In a hotel.
(d) In her husband's bed.
6. In "Chapter XI", were do Thérèse, Laurent and Camille rest?
(a) In a clearning.
(b) In a park.
(c) In a hotel lobby.
(d) In a boat.
7. How does Thérèse know Laurent?
(a) From her childhood.
(b) From her aunt's church.
(c) From Camille's work.
(d) From the shop.
8. When does the Raquin family entertain guests?
9. In "Chapter I", what does the man do in the shop?
(a) Carries the boxes.
(b) Steals hats.
(c) Talks to the ladies.
(d) Sweeps the floor.
10. In "Chapter VIII", how does Laurent describe his affair with Thérèse?
(a) A terrible suffering.
(b) A restless lifestyle.
(c) A delightful existence.
(d) A test in secrecy.
11. Why does Suzanne go when Madame Raquin learns about Camille's death?
(a) To comfort her.
(b) To tell her the news herself.
(c) To stop a fight.
(d) To help clear out his apartment.
12. In "Chapter VI", what convinces Laurent he can be Thérèse's lover?
(a) The way she watches him.
(b) His competition with Camille.
(c) His self confidence in his talent.
(d) The way Camille treats her.
13. At the end of "Chapter I", what does Thérèse do after leaving the shop?
(a) She writes in a journal.
(b) She goes to bed.
(c) She goes for a walk.
(d) She looks out her window.
14. Where is the haberdashery shop that Thérèse works at located?
(a) Above someone's home.
(b) An alley.
(c) A busy main street.
(d) In a garage.
15. What does Laurent say he went to school for?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter XIII", how do Laurent's co-workers view him?
2. How does Laurent initiate the affair with Thérèse?
3. How does Laurent feel about being caught for killing Camille?
4. In "Chapter IX", what do Laurent and Thérèse say would happen if Camille were to have an accident?
5. In "Chapter XVI", what does Laurent plan to do after marrying Thérèse?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)