|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter VI", how does the narrator describe Laurent's portrait?
2. When does Thérèse kiss Laurent on Thursday evenings?
(a) When everyone's backs are turned.
(b) When he goes to leave.
(c) She doesn't kiss him on Thursdays.
(d) When she pretends to help in the shop.
3. Why does Madam Raquin help Thérèse run a shop in Paris?
(a) To make sure she doesn't get left behind.
(b) To give Thérèse directions.
(c) To provide more money for the family.
(d) To keep busy.
4. In "Chapter X", what does Michaud say about many murders?
(a) They go unsolved.
(b) They are violent.
(c) They are committed by people the victim knows.
(d) They are actually accidents.
5. Why does Laurent say he lost the financial support of his father?
(a) Because his father lost their money in a bad investment.
(b) Because his father died.
(c) Because he tried to make a living painting.
(d) Because he turned 21.
6. Where is the haberdashery shop that Thérèse works at located?
(a) An alley.
(b) In a garage.
(c) A busy main street.
(d) Above someone's home.
7. How long do the Raquins close the shop to mourn Camille?
(a) A week.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) One day.
(d) Three days.
8. Why does Thérèse go to her aunt in "Chapter XIV"?
(a) To reopen the shop.
(b) To beg for forgiveness.
(c) To cry.
(d) To ask to leave.
9. Why does Laurent go to Paris alone after Camille's death?
(a) To go into hiding.
(b) To tell Madame Raquin.
(c) To find a job.
(d) To steal Thérèse's belongings.
10. In "Chapter IX", what is one pro Laurent thinks of for killing Camille?
(a) The money.
(b) He could marry Thérèse.
(c) The fame.
(d) He could prove his power.
11. How does Laurent start his attack on Camille in "Chapter XI"?
(a) He hits him in the head.
(b) He grabs his wrist.
(c) He tickles him.
(d) He slaps him.
12. Why does Suzanne go when Madame Raquin learns about Camille's death?
(a) To help clear out his apartment.
(b) To tell her the news herself.
(c) To comfort her.
(d) To stop a fight.
13. In "Chapter XI", who gets in the boat first?
(b) The captain.
14. Why does Thérèse agree to throw Camille from a boat?
(a) Because Laurent threatened her.
(b) Because Camille teased her.
(c) She doesn't agree to the plan.
(d) Because Madame Raquin made her mad that morning.
15. How does Thérèse look after mourning for Camille?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of "Chapter III", how much time does the narrator say has passed since the Raquins obtained the shop in Paris?
2. How does Laurent respond to the stories about crime in "Chapter X"?
3. In "Chapter IX", what do Laurent and Thérèse say would happen if Camille were to have an accident?
4. How does Thérèse feel about lying to Camille and Madame Raquin about her relationship with Laurent?
5. When does the Raquin family entertain guests?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)