|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XXXI - XXXII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Laurent threaten Thérèse at the end of "Chapter XXII"?
(a) He is angry at Madame Raquin.
(b) He wants to move away to a new apartment.
(c) He wants to stop worrying about Camille.
(d) He wants Thérèse to kiss him.
2. How does Laurent describe Camille when he sees him at the morgue?
3. In "Chapter II", why does the narrator say Thérèse was excited about living in the country?
(a) The education.
(b) The work opportunities.
(c) The freedom.
(d) The men.
4. Why do Laurent and Thérèse begin to spy on each other in "Chapter XXXI"?
(a) They fear one of them will hurt Madame Raquin.
(b) They fear one of them is stealing money.
(c) They fear one of them will go to the police.
(d) They fear one of them is having an affair.
5. Why doesn't Madame Raquin want Thérèse to marry after Camille's death?
(a) She doesn't want to lose any money.
(b) She doesn't want to let a stranger into her life.
(c) She doesn't want Thérèse to move.
(d) She doesn't want to pay for a wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Laurent violent toward Thérèse in "Chapter XXIII"?
2. Why does Suzanne go when Madame Raquin learns about Camille's death?
3. How does Madame Raquin describe the marriage between Thérèse and Laurent?
4. In "Chapter VII", what does Laurent do when Madame Raquin comes up to Thérèse's room when he is there?
5. In "Chapter XI", what does Laurent first think to do to kill Camille?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)