|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XXXI - XXXII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Laurent feel when he sees Thérèse go home with another man?
2. What does Laurent whisper to Thérèse when he takes her home in "Chapter XII"?
(a) Be strong.
(b) You win.
(c) Remember this.
(d) It's fine.
3. In "Chapter XXV", what does Laurent's friend say about his paintings?
(a) They are a little clumsy.
(b) They are all so green.
(c) They resemble each other.
(d) They are very mature.
4. Who does Laurent write to about his engagement to Thérèse?
(a) The vicar.
(b) Thérèse's family.
(c) His brother.
(d) His father.
5. In "Chapter I", what does the man do in the shop?
(a) Steals hats.
(b) Sweeps the floor.
(c) Carries the boxes.
(d) Talks to the ladies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Thérèse begin begging for forgiveness?
2. Why does Laurent capsize the boat after throwing Camille in?
3. What does Laurent do when Madame Raquin realizes he killed Camille?
4. Why is Laurent violent toward Thérèse in "Chapter XXIII"?
5. What do Thérèse and Laurent do at the end of "Chapter XXVIII"?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)