|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XXXI - XXXII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Laurent force Thérèse's head to his neck in "Chapter XXI"?
(a) To keep her quiet.
(b) To kiss his wound.
(c) To smell him.
(d) To convince her he loves her.
2. In "Chapter III", why does Camille think he will not spend much time at the shop?
(a) Because he will be traveling.
(b) Because he will have a different job.
(c) Because he will sell the shop.
(d) Because he will buy a new house.
3. In "Chapter II", why does the narrator say Thérèse was excited about living in the country?
(a) The men.
(b) The education.
(c) The freedom.
(d) The work opportunities.
4. How does Laurent decide to kill Thérèse?
(a) With a knife.
(b) With a gun.
(c) With a rope.
(d) With poison.
5. Where does Laurent weigh the pros and cons of killing Camille?
(a) In Thérèse's apartment.
(b) At work.
(c) On the metro.
(d) In his bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Thérèse and Laurent avoid going to bed at night after they are married?
2. Why does Thérèse agree to throw Camille from a boat?
3. Why do Laurent and Thérèse become terrified on their wedding night?
4. What makes Michaud confident that the Thursday night gatherings will continue?
5. Why does Laurent threaten Thérèse at the end of "Chapter XXII"?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)