|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XXVI - XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Madame Raquin own the shop before moving?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 25 years.
(d) 30 years.
2. What does Thérèse do after returning home after Camille's death?
(a) She says she wants to move.
(b) She works all day.
(c) She pretends to be sick.
(d) She starts painting.
3. What does Laurent whisper to Thérèse when he takes her home in "Chapter XII"?
(a) Remember this.
(b) You win.
(c) Be strong.
(d) It's fine.
4. How do Thérèse and Laurent decide to avoid hallucinating about Camille in the future in "Chapter XXIII"?
(a) They will never speak of Camille again.
(b) They don't know how to avoid it.
(c) They will destroy Camille's portrait.
(d) They will never kiss again.
5. In "Chapter VI", what convinces Laurent he can be Thérèse's lover?
(a) His self confidence in his talent.
(b) His competition with Camille.
(c) The way Camille treats her.
(d) The way she watches him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Thérèse and Laurent avoid going to bed at night after they are married?
2. In "Chapter XVII", what does Laurent imagine Camille doing to him?
3. How long do the Raquins close the shop to mourn Camille?
4. Why does Camille get champagne in "Chapter VI"?
5. How does Thérèse feel about lying to Camille and Madame Raquin about her relationship with Laurent?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)