|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XXIII - XXV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of "Chapter I", what does Thérèse do after leaving the shop?
(a) She goes to bed.
(b) She looks out her window.
(c) She goes for a walk.
(d) She writes in a journal.
2. Why does Laurent talk about his old times with Thérèse on their wedding night?
(a) To try to rekindle their love.
(b) To make himself feel better.
(c) To prove that they were right in their plotting.
(d) To make Thérèse laugh.
3. In "Chapter IX", how long does Laurent figure he can remain idle?
(a) Until Camille dies.
(b) Until Thérèse stops giving him money.
(c) Until his father dies.
(d) Until his paintings stop selling.
4. Why does Laurent have a vision of lined up drowned bodies?
(a) Because someone mentioned drowning.
(b) Because he looked at the river.
(c) Because he walked past the morgue.
(d) He wasn't sure why.
5. In "Chapter XVII", where does Laurent go after work?
(b) To the pub.
(c) To a library.
(d) To see Thérèse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Laurent go to Paris alone after Camille's death?
2. How does Thérèse first respond when Laurent says he wants to rent a studio?
3. In "Chapter XIII", how do Laurent's co-workers view him?
4. How does Thérèse look after mourning for Camille?
5. In "Chapter XI", who gets in the boat first?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)