|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XIII - XVI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Laurent tell the rescuers Camille was doing before he fell in the water?
2. What does Thérèse do after returning home after Camille's death?
(a) She says she wants to move.
(b) She starts painting.
(c) She pretends to be sick.
(d) She works all day.
3. In "Chapter VII", what worries Laurent most about Thérèse's involvement in their affair?
(a) She starts to lose interest in him.
(b) She seems reluctant to take part in the affair.
(c) She doesn't seem to worry about being caught.
(d) She talks about it too much.
4. How does Laurent respond to the stories about crime in "Chapter X"?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He stays quiet.
(c) He says they are clever.
(d) He tells his own story.
5. In "Chapter IX", where does Thérèse begin to sleep?
(a) In her husband's bed.
(b) In a hotel.
(c) In the shop.
(d) Far away from her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the haberdashery shop that Thérèse works at located?
2. How does Thérèse feel about planning an accident for Camille?
3. How does Thérèse feel when she is reintroduced to Laurent in "Chapter V"?
4. What makes Laurent decide to visit the morgue just two more times?
5. Why does the narrator say Madame Raquin become Thérèse's guardian?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)