|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XIII - XVI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Camille get champagne in "Chapter VI"?
(a) To celebrate his new job.
(b) To celebrate Laurent's painting.
(c) To celebrate his mother's publication.
(d) To celebrate his wedding anniversary.
2. In "Chapter VI", what convinces Laurent he can be Thérèse's lover?
(a) His self confidence in his talent.
(b) His competition with Camille.
(c) The way Camille treats her.
(d) The way she watches him.
3. What game do the Raquins play in "Chapter IV"?
(b) Gin rummy.
4. Why does Suzanne go when Madame Raquin learns about Camille's death?
(a) To stop a fight.
(b) To help clear out his apartment.
(c) To comfort her.
(d) To tell her the news herself.
5. In "Chapter VII", what does Laurent do when Madame Raquin comes up to Thérèse's room when he is there?
(a) He climbs out the window.
(b) He hides.
(c) He greets her kindly.
(d) He pretends to be looking for Camille.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter VII", how does Laurent find time to meet with Thérèse?
2. Why does Thérèse keep running downstairs in "Chapter IV"?
3. In "Chapter VI", why does Laurent start coming to the Raquin apartment nearly every day?
4. How often does Laurent visit the morgue in "Chapter XIII"?
5. What does Camille do the Laurent before being thrown in the river?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)