|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters X - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter IX", where does Thérèse begin to sleep?
(a) In a hotel.
(b) In the shop.
(c) In her husband's bed.
(d) Far away from her husband.
2. In "Chapter IX", why does Laurent see less of Thérèse?
(a) He has to work.
(b) He goes out of town.
(c) He becomes sick.
(d) He meets another woman.
3. Why does Suzanne go when Madame Raquin learns about Camille's death?
(a) To tell her the news herself.
(b) To comfort her.
(c) To stop a fight.
(d) To help clear out his apartment.
4. Why does the narrator say Madame Raquin become Thérèse's guardian?
(a) Thérèse's mother dies.
(b) Thérèse needs a job.
(c) Thérèse becomes to sick to care for herself.
(d) Thérèse runs away from home.
5. Why does Madam Raquin help Thérèse run a shop in Paris?
(a) To make sure she doesn't get left behind.
(b) To provide more money for the family.
(c) To give Thérèse directions.
(d) To keep busy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Laurent feel about being caught for killing Camille?
2. Where is the haberdashery shop that Thérèse works at located?
3. In "Chapter I", what does the man do in the shop?
4. At the end of "Chapter IX", what does Laurent decide to do about Camille?
5. How does Thérèse feel when she is reintroduced to Laurent in "Chapter V"?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)