|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters VII - IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Laurent say he went to school for?
2. In "Chapter I", how is Thérèse described in the shop?
(a) Like she owns the place.
(b) Like she is part of it.
(c) Like she is never there.
(d) Like she doesn't know what she is doing.
3. In "Chapter VIII", how does Laurent describe his affair with Thérèse?
(a) A terrible suffering.
(b) A restless lifestyle.
(c) A delightful existence.
(d) A test in secrecy.
4. How does Thérèse know Laurent?
(a) From her childhood.
(b) From Camille's work.
(c) From the shop.
(d) From her aunt's church.
5. At the end of "Chapter III", how much time does the narrator say has passed since the Raquins obtained the shop in Paris?
(a) Two years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Four years.
(d) One year.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter VI", how does the narrator describe Laurent's portrait?
2. Why does the narrator say Madame Raquin become Thérèse's guardian?
3. What does Camille do most nights after work?
4. In "Chapter IX", why does Laurent see less of Thérèse?
5. Who is Michaud's son?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)