|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters VII - IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Laurent say he lost the financial support of his father?
(a) Because his father died.
(b) Because his father lost their money in a bad investment.
(c) Because he turned 21.
(d) Because he tried to make a living painting.
2. How long does Laurent fear he may have to go without seeing Thérèse while planning how to kill Camille?
(a) A few weeks.
(b) Over a year.
(c) A few days.
(d) A few months.
3. Who did Michaud used to work for?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) The police.
(c) A university.
(d) The governor.
4. In "Chapter IX", why does Laurent see less of Thérèse?
(a) He becomes sick.
(b) He has to work.
(c) He goes out of town.
(d) He meets another woman.
5. In "Chapter III", why does the narrator say Camille wanted to leave the country?
(a) He wanted to go to school.
(b) He was bored.
(c) He had never been to a city.
(d) He found a new job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Camille do most nights after work?
2. What does the narrator say Thérèse does to Camille before they are married?
3. Why doesn't Camille ever have a real education?
4. In "Chapter III", why does Camille think he will not spend much time at the shop?
5. In "Chapter VII", what worries Laurent most about Thérèse's involvement in their affair?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)