|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters VII - IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of "Chapter III", how much time does the narrator say has passed since the Raquins obtained the shop in Paris?
(a) Three years.
(b) One year.
(c) Four years.
(d) Two years.
2. In "Chapter II", why does the narrator say Thérèse was excited about living in the country?
(a) The freedom.
(b) The work opportunities.
(c) The education.
(d) The men.
3. In "Chapter I", how is Thérèse described in the shop?
(a) Like she doesn't know what she is doing.
(b) Like she is part of it.
(c) Like she owns the place.
(d) Like she is never there.
4. In "Chapter III", why does the narrator say Camille wanted to leave the country?
(a) He was bored.
(b) He wanted to go to school.
(c) He had never been to a city.
(d) He found a new job.
5. Who did Michaud used to work for?
(a) A university.
(b) The police.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) The governor.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of "Chapter I", what does Thérèse do after leaving the shop?
2. Why does Laurent say he lost the financial support of his father?
3. In "Chapter IX", what do Laurent and Thérèse say would happen if Camille were to have an accident?
4. How does Laurent initiate the affair with Thérèse?
5. Where does Laurent weigh the pros and cons of killing Camille?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)