|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XXIX - XXX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Madame Raquin want Thérèse to marry after Camille's death?
(a) She doesn't want to pay for a wedding.
(b) She doesn't want to lose any money.
(c) She doesn't want to let a stranger into her life.
(d) She doesn't want Thérèse to move.
2. Why do Laurent and Thérèse keep a space between them in "Chapter XXII"?
(a) Because they feel Camille's ghost there.
(b) Because Laurent is sick.
(c) Because Thérèse fears her aunt will get mad.
(d) Because Thérèse is sick.
3. How does Laurent begin his affair with the model?
(a) He hires her as a maid.
(b) He meets her at a friend's house.
(c) He paints her.
(d) He meets her in a park.
4. In "Chapter VII", what does Laurent do when Madame Raquin comes up to Thérèse's room when he is there?
(a) He climbs out the window.
(b) He greets her kindly.
(c) He pretends to be looking for Camille.
(d) He hides.
5. Why is Laurent violent toward Thérèse in "Chapter XXIII"?
(a) He doesn't know how to treat her kindly.
(b) He is mad at her.
(c) He doesn't realize he is being violent.
(d) He wants to get rid of Camille's spirit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Camille do most nights after work?
2. What makes Laurent decide to visit the morgue just two more times?
3. Why does Thérèse agree to throw Camille from a boat?
4. After painting in the mornings, what does Laurent do in the afternoons in "Chapter XXV"?
5. Where do the rescuers take Laurent and Thérèse after their boat accident?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)