|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XXIX - XXX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thérèse see in her aunt when she kisses her in "Chapter XXIX"?
2. Why doesn't Madame Raquin want Thérèse to marry after Camille's death?
(a) She doesn't want to let a stranger into her life.
(b) She doesn't want to pay for a wedding.
(c) She doesn't want to lose any money.
(d) She doesn't want Thérèse to move.
3. In "Chapter IX", how long does Laurent figure he can remain idle?
(a) Until Thérèse stops giving him money.
(b) Until Camille dies.
(c) Until his paintings stop selling.
(d) Until his father dies.
4. In "Chapter XXV", why does Laurent smash a canvas?
(a) Because he feels like he lost his talent.
(b) Because it looks like Camille.
(c) Because he is bored.
(d) Because his friend insulted his work.
5. In "Chapter IX", why does Laurent see less of Thérèse?
(a) He meets another woman.
(b) He becomes sick.
(c) He goes out of town.
(d) He has to work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thérèse look forward to in "Chapter XVI"?
2. What does Thérèse do after Laurent forces her head to his neck in "Chapter XXI"?
3. Why does Laurent finally resolve to marry Thérèse?
4. Where do the rescuers take Laurent and Thérèse after their boat accident?
5. How does Thérèse look after mourning for Camille?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)