|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XXIX - XXX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter XXVIII", why do Thérèse and Laurent let Madame Raquin listen to their arguments?
(a) So they don't hit each other.
(b) To have her say who is right.
(c) To cause her pain.
(d) So she can learn the truth.
2. Why do Laurent and Thérèse want Madame Raquin to suggest the get married?
(a) To avoid looking guilty.
(b) So they can wait longer before getting married.
(c) So they won't have to decide themselves.
(d) To have her blessing.
3. Why does Laurent go to Paris alone after Camille's death?
(a) To tell Madame Raquin.
(b) To find a job.
(c) To go into hiding.
(d) To steal Thérèse's belongings.
4. How does the author describe Thérèse and Laurent's wedding ceremony?
5. What does Laurent threaten to do if he doesn't get a studio to paint in?
(a) He will leave Thérèse alone with Camille's ghost.
(b) He will spend all of their money foolishly.
(c) He will tell Madame Raquin about Camille's murder.
(d) He will tell the police about Camille's murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter X", what does Michaud say about many murders?
2. In "Chapter XVII", what does Laurent imagine Camille doing to him?
3. How does Laurent describe his scar in "Chapter XVII"?
4. In "Chapter IX", how long does Laurent figure he can remain idle?
5. In "Chapter IX", what is one pro Laurent thinks of for killing Camille?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)