|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XXIX - XXX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Thérèse know Laurent?
(a) From the shop.
(b) From Camille's work.
(c) From her childhood.
(d) From her aunt's church.
2. Why does Laurent capsize the boat after throwing Camille in?
(a) To make it look like an accident.
(b) To frighten Thérèse.
(c) Laurent doesn't capsize the boat.
(d) To destroy the evidence.
3. What does Laurent begin dreaming of in "Chapter XVII"?
(b) Camille's body.
(d) Madame Raquin.
4. When does Laurent know he got away with murder?
(a) When Thérèse starts feeling better.
(b) He never really believes he got away with murder.
(c) After the police interview him.
(d) When he reads about the accident in the paper.
5. What does the narrator say Thérèse does to Camille before they are married?
(a) She borrows money from him.
(b) She tries to run away from him.
(c) She kisses him.
(d) She beats him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Laurent and Thérèse become terrified on their wedding night?
2. How does Laurent describe Camille when he sees him at the morgue?
3. In "Chapter XI", were do Thérèse, Laurent and Camille rest?
4. In "Chapter I", what does the man do in the shop?
5. What does Grivet believe after Madame Raquin stops talking?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)