|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters X - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter II", why does the narrator say Thérèse was excited about living in the country?
(a) The men.
(b) The education.
(c) The work opportunities.
(d) The freedom.
2. Why does Laurent say he lost the financial support of his father?
(a) Because he tried to make a living painting.
(b) Because his father died.
(c) Because he turned 21.
(d) Because his father lost their money in a bad investment.
3. What does the narrator say Thérèse does to Camille before they are married?
(a) She tries to run away from him.
(b) She beats him.
(c) She kisses him.
(d) She borrows money from him.
4. In "Chapter VII", how does Laurent find time to meet with Thérèse?
(a) He meets with her early in the morning.
(b) He takes time off work.
(c) He sneaks her out at night.
(d) He only sees her on weekends.
5. Why does Madam Raquin help Thérèse run a shop in Paris?
(a) To provide more money for the family.
(b) To make sure she doesn't get left behind.
(c) To give Thérèse directions.
(d) To keep busy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Thérèse write a letter to Laurent in "Chapter IX"?
2. How does Laurent respond to the stories about crime in "Chapter X"?
3. In "Chapter XI", what does Laurent first think to do to kill Camille?
4. In "Chapter VI", why does Laurent start coming to the Raquin apartment nearly every day?
5. In "Chapter VII", what does Laurent do when Madame Raquin comes up to Thérèse's room when he is there?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)