|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters X - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Camille get champagne in "Chapter VI"?
(a) To celebrate his new job.
(b) To celebrate his wedding anniversary.
(c) To celebrate Laurent's painting.
(d) To celebrate his mother's publication.
2. How long does Madame Raquin own the shop before moving?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 25 years.
3. In "Chapter II", what does the narrator say Camille dealt with as a child?
(b) A drunk mother.
(c) An absent father.
4. Where is the haberdashery shop that Thérèse works at located?
(a) A busy main street.
(b) In a garage.
(c) An alley.
(d) Above someone's home.
5. In "Chapter IX", how long does Laurent figure he can remain idle?
(a) Until his father dies.
(b) Until his paintings stop selling.
(c) Until Thérèse stops giving him money.
(d) Until Camille dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Laurent say he lost the financial support of his father?
2. In "Chapter VIII", how does Laurent describe his affair with Thérèse?
3. How does Thérèse feel about lying to Camille and Madame Raquin about her relationship with Laurent?
4. How does Madame Raquin know Michaud?
5. How does Thérèse feel when she is reintroduced to Laurent in "Chapter V"?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)