|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters X - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Madam Raquin help Thérèse run a shop in Paris?
(a) To keep busy.
(b) To make sure she doesn't get left behind.
(c) To give Thérèse directions.
(d) To provide more money for the family.
2. In "Chapter III", why does the narrator say Camille wanted to leave the country?
(a) He found a new job.
(b) He was bored.
(c) He had never been to a city.
(d) He wanted to go to school.
3. In "Chapter IX", what do Laurent and Thérèse say would happen if Camille were to have an accident?
(a) They could tell Madame Raquin about their relationship.
(b) Their dreams would come true.
(c) They may be blamed.
(d) They would have more money.
4. In "Chapter VII", what does Laurent do when Madame Raquin comes up to Thérèse's room when he is there?
(a) He greets her kindly.
(b) He pretends to be looking for Camille.
(c) He hides.
(d) He climbs out the window.
5. How long does Madame Raquin own the shop before moving?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 20 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter VIII", how does Laurent describe his affair with Thérèse?
2. In "Chapter IX", how long does Laurent figure he can remain idle?
3. How does Laurent respond to the stories about crime in "Chapter X"?
4. What does the narrator say Thérèse does to Camille before they are married?
5. How does Thérèse feel when she is reintroduced to Laurent in "Chapter V"?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)