|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XX - XXII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Madame Raquin know Michaud?
(a) Her husband used to work with him.
(b) Her neice married his son.
(c) They used to live in the same house.
(d) They are cousins.
2. In "Chapter V", whose portrait does Laurent offer to paint?
(b) Madame Raquin.
3. What does Thérèse do when Madame Raquin cries in "Chapter XV"?
(a) She leaves the room.
(b) She cries also.
(c) She tries to confess.
(d) She sits quietly.
4. In "Chapter IX", what do Laurent and Thérèse say would happen if Camille were to have an accident?
(a) They could tell Madame Raquin about their relationship.
(b) Their dreams would come true.
(c) They would have more money.
(d) They may be blamed.
5. Why does Laurent force Thérèse's head to his neck in "Chapter XXI"?
(a) To keep her quiet.
(b) To kiss his wound.
(c) To smell him.
(d) To convince her he loves her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter IX", what is one pro Laurent thinks of for killing Camille?
2. When Madame Raquin cries in "Chapter XV", what do her guests recommend?
3. Why does Thérèse agree to throw Camille from a boat?
4. How does the cat scare Laurent and Thérèse on their wedding night?
5. How does the author describe Thérèse and Laurent's wedding ceremony?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)