|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XX - XXII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Thérèse write a letter to Laurent in "Chapter IX"?
(a) To tell him to stay home.
(b) To threaten to leave him.
(c) To reveal her true feelings.
(d) To wish him well.
2. How does Thérèse feel about lying to Camille and Madame Raquin about her relationship with Laurent?
(a) She enjoys it.
(b) She feels confused.
(c) She doesn't think about it.
(d) She feels guilty.
3. At the end of "Chapter IX", what does Laurent decide to do about Camille?
(a) He decides to let Thérèse make the final decision.
(b) He decides to wait before making a final decision.
(c) He decides to kill him.
(d) He decides to not kill him.
4. What does Laurent dislike about his new clothes in "Chapter XX"?
(a) Thérèse makes fun of them.
(b) They bother his wound.
(c) They cost too much money.
(d) They don't fit him right.
5. In "Chapter XI", what does Laurent first think to do to kill Camille?
(a) Strangle him.
(b) Drown him.
(c) Poison him.
(d) Hit him in the head.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Thérèse try to confuse her aunt in "Chapter XXI"?
2. Why does Camille get champagne in "Chapter VI"?
3. Why won't Thérèse take down Laurent's portrait of Camille?
4. What does Thérèse look forward to in "Chapter XVI"?
5. In "Chapter VIII", how does Laurent describe his affair with Thérèse?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)