|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XX - XXII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Michaud used to work for?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) The governor.
(c) The police.
(d) A university.
2. How long do the Raquins close the shop to mourn Camille?
(a) A week.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) One day.
(d) Three days.
3. Why does Laurent say he can't live the life of a painter?
(a) He dislikes the smell of paint.
(b) He isn't good enough.
(c) He doesn't have the inspiration.
(d) He wants money.
4. Why does Laurent want to hurt the cat on his wedding night?
(a) He fears the cat will avenge Camille's death.
(b) He is angry at the cat for ruining his night.
(c) He has never liked the cat.
(d) Thérèse asks him to.
5. Why does Thérèse go to her aunt in "Chapter XIV"?
(a) To reopen the shop.
(b) To beg for forgiveness.
(c) To ask to leave.
(d) To cry.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter VIII", how does Laurent describe his affair with Thérèse?
2. Why does Laurent say he lost the financial support of his father?
3. When does Laurent know he got away with murder?
4. At the end of "Chapter IX", what does Laurent decide to do about Camille?
5. How does Laurent describe Camille when he sees him at the morgue?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)