|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XXVI - XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Laurent weigh the pros and cons of killing Camille?
(a) On the metro.
(b) At work.
(c) In his bed.
(d) In Thérèse's apartment.
2. In "Chapter XXVIII", what reminds Thérèse about Camille's drowning?
(a) A rain storm.
(b) A newspaper article.
(c) The water temperature.
(d) The delivery man.
3. Why doesn't Madame Raquin want Thérèse to marry after Camille's death?
(a) She doesn't want Thérèse to move.
(b) She doesn't want to lose any money.
(c) She doesn't want to pay for a wedding.
(d) She doesn't want to let a stranger into her life.
4. What does Grivet believe after Madame Raquin stops talking?
(a) That she will start speaking at the end of the month.
(b) That it's the work of a ghost.
(c) That he can read her mind.
(d) That she is faking.
5. Why does Thérèse write a letter to Laurent in "Chapter IX"?
(a) To reveal her true feelings.
(b) To wish him well.
(c) To tell him to stay home.
(d) To threaten to leave him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter XXVII", why do Thérèse and Laurent argue about Madame Raquin attending the Thursday night gathering?
2. How does Thérèse feel about planning an accident for Camille?
3. How does Michaud interact with Madame Raquin after she becomes unable to speak?
4. In "Chapter XVIII", what emotion is said to connect Thérèse and Laurent?
5. How does Laurent treat Thérèse in front of Camille and his mother?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)