|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XXVI - XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Thérèse feel about lying to Camille and Madame Raquin about her relationship with Laurent?
(a) She feels confused.
(b) She enjoys it.
(c) She feels guilty.
(d) She doesn't think about it.
2. In "Chapter XXVII", why do Thérèse and Laurent argue about Madame Raquin attending the Thursday night gathering?
(a) They think the guests are cruel to her.
(b) They fear she will tell their secret.
(c) They think she may be too sick.
(d) They think she brings Camille's ghost back.
3. In "Chapter IX", what is one pro Laurent thinks of for killing Camille?
(a) The fame.
(b) The money.
(c) He could prove his power.
(d) He could marry Thérèse.
4. In "Chapter IX", how long does Laurent figure he can remain idle?
(a) Until his paintings stop selling.
(b) Until his father dies.
(c) Until Camille dies.
(d) Until Thérèse stops giving him money.
5. Why does Thérèse begin acting depressed about Madame Raquin in "Chapter XIV"?
(a) Because she wants Laurent to visit.
(b) Because she really is depressed.
(c) To stop feeling guilty.
(d) To get her attention.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter IX", why does Laurent see less of Thérèse?
2. What does Grivet believe after Madame Raquin stops talking?
3. Why do Laurent and Thérèse want Madame Raquin to suggest the get married?
4. Where does Laurent spend his night in "Chapter XVII"?
5. In "Chapter XXVIII", what reminds Thérèse about Camille's drowning?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)