|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XXVI - XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Laurent treat Thérèse in front of Camille and his mother?
(a) He is kind to her.
(b) He flirst with her.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He is mean to her.
2. Who does Laurent write to about his engagement to Thérèse?
(a) His father.
(b) The vicar.
(c) His brother.
(d) Thérèse's family.
3. Why does Laurent have a vision of lined up drowned bodies?
(a) He wasn't sure why.
(b) Because someone mentioned drowning.
(c) Because he looked at the river.
(d) Because he walked past the morgue.
4. In "Chapter VII", what does Laurent do when Madame Raquin comes up to Thérèse's room when he is there?
(a) He greets her kindly.
(b) He climbs out the window.
(c) He pretends to be looking for Camille.
(d) He hides.
5. In "Chapter VIII", how does Laurent describe his affair with Thérèse?
(a) A delightful existence.
(b) A terrible suffering.
(c) A test in secrecy.
(d) A restless lifestyle.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter IX", what do Laurent and Thérèse say would happen if Camille were to have an accident?
2. What does Grivet believe after Madame Raquin stops talking?
3. How does Thérèse feel about planning an accident for Camille?
4. How does Laurent describe his scar in "Chapter XVII"?
5. In "Chapter XVIII", what emotion is said to connect Thérèse and Laurent?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)