• Thérèse, Camille and Madame Raquin are introduced as they work in their shop.
• The Raquins live in an apartment above their shop, which is in a rough and dismal part of Paris.
• Thérèse was taken in by Madame Raquin after her mother's death. She later married her son, Camille, a sickly man.
Chapters IV - VI
• The Raquins have guests every Thursday.
• Laurent, a childhood friend of Camille's, begins coming over on Thursdays.
• Laurent paints a portrait of Camille.
• Laurent and Thérèse start having an affair.
Chapters VII - IX
• Laurent and Thérèse begin their affair and avoid being caught.
• Thérèse is bold about her affair with Laurent.
• Laurent and Thérèse consider staging an accident to kill Camille so they can be together.
Chapters X - XII
• Laurent decides to throw Camille off a...
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)