|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does C feel about B's idea about children?
2. What are A's favorite gemstones?
3. How does B respond to A's situation at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
4. How does B respond to A's tantrum in Act 1, Part 4?
5. What does C say to B about getting older, in Act 1, Part 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does C represent?
2. How did Sis feel about A's dating habits?
3. What problems arose between B and her son in his adolescence?
4. How did A's father die?
5. What happens to A at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
6. What does B say about the best time of life?
7. What does A hope for as she looks at herself in the hospital bed in Act 2, Part 1?
8. What happens as A dies?
9. What happened to A's husband's shoulder?
10. What do B and C say about empathy in Act 1, Part 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The bracelet story is a turning point in A's life, as well as in the play's plot. How did the bracelet incident change A's life? How did it change her marriage? What long-lasting effects did it have on A's character? How did it affect her emotionally? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
A tells her son of a premonition she had about her death. What are the most important details in this premonition? What is the significance of A's hand being cold when the son takes it? Why does A repeat this fact over and over? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
A feels that her jewelry, and all it represented, was fake. C says that to her being given jewelry means that she is valued, and that is not at all fake. Why does C feel so differently from A? What happened to A to make her lose her love for jewelry? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)