|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. A says in Act 1, Part 2 that she learned lessons about people from whom?
2. Why is C in the house with A and B?
3. What advice does B give C about getting older in Act 1, Part 1?
4. Who is sitting in the chair at the beginning of Act 1?
5. How does B respond to A's situation at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does A say about jewelry at the beginning of Act 1, Part 4?
2. What does A represent?
3. Why are A and B so impatient with C?
4. What does C tell A in Act 2, Part 4?
5. What does A say about her friends in Act 1, Part 3?
6. Why does A cry after mentioning that she was taller than Sis in Act 1, Part 3?
7. What happened during the bracelet incident?
8. What does A say about her son in Act 1, Part 4?
9. How did A's father die?
10. What is revealed about B and C at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear of death and making peace with that fear is an important theme in the play. What is C's attitude toward death? What about B's? How does A feel about death? How does her attitude differ from B's and C's? What changes have enabled A to come to terms with her fear of death? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
A describes the changes that came over her mother after her father's death, and both B and C say that she couldn't possibly have changed so much In what ways did she change significantly? What caused their mother to change so much? What effect did these changes have on A and Sis's relationship with their mother? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
A, B, and C are female characters in different stages of life, but they are also archetypes. What do they each represent? What qualities do they possess? Are the qualities each woman possesses common to all women in her stage of life? Why or why not? Do you think A, B, and C are accurate archetypes? Why or why not? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)