Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does C say about memories in Act 1, Part 3?
2. What does A have a tantrum about in Act 1, Part 4?
3. Whose arm is broken in Act 1, Part 1?
4. Why does A begin to cry in Act 1, Part 1?
5. According to C, why are B and C not as excited about the movie star as A is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does C tell A in Act 2, Part 4?
2. How did A's father die?
3. What does A say about her friends in Act 1, Part 3?
4. How does A react while she is telling the bracelet story?
5. What happens to A at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
6. What does A say about riding in Act 1, Part 2?
7. What was the setting for the bracelet incident that occurred between A and her husband?
8. What is revealed about B and C at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
9. What does A say about her living will in Act 2, Part 1?
10. Why are A and B so impatient with C?
Essay Topic 1
Sis is an archetype of the sibling rival. In what ways was A jealous of Sis, or competing with her? What qualities did A have which Sis didn't? How did A feel about the qualities she possessed that Sis didn't? How did their parents treat A and Sis? Was there any difference? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
When A is upset about forgetting things, C suggests that there is safety and salvation in forgetting things. Do the other events of the play suggest that it is possible to do so? Or is it necessary to come to terms with the past and resolve the issues of one's past with the reality of one's present? How does A resolve the issues of her past before her death? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
A describes the changes that came over her mother after her father's death, and both B and C say that she couldn't possibly have changed so much In what ways did she change significantly? What caused their mother to change so much? What effect did these changes have on A and Sis's relationship with their mother? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)