Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does C say about memories in Act 1, Part 3?
2. What does A have a tantrum about in Act 1, Part 4?
3. Whose arm is broken in Act 1, Part 1?
4. Why does A begin to cry in Act 1, Part 1?
5. According to C, why are B and C not as excited about the movie star as A is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does C tell A in Act 2, Part 4?
2. How did A's father die?
3. What does A say about her friends in Act 1, Part 3?
4. How does A react while she is telling the bracelet story?
5. What happens to A at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
6. What does A say about riding in Act 1, Part 2?
7. What was the setting for the bracelet incident that occurred between A and her husband?
8. What is revealed about B and C at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
9. What does A say about her living will in Act 2, Part 1?
10. Why are A and B so impatient with C?
Essay Topic 1
A, B, and C all have different ideas about why people cheat. Do you agree that men and women cheat for different reasons? If not, what do you think is the main reason people cheat on their spouses? Why do you think that these women, in particular, feel this way? What point is Albee trying to make through this conversation? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
A tells her son of a premonition she had about her death. What are the most important details in this premonition? What is the significance of A's hand being cold when the son takes it? Why does A repeat this fact over and over? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
A, B, and C all have different ideas of the best time of life. C feels that all the good times ended with her, B feels that middle age is the best time, and A feels that the best time is at the end. What are the reasons that each woman gives for her favorite time of life? Which one do you most agree with? Why? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)