Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does C say about memories in Act 1, Part 3?
2. What does A have a tantrum about in Act 1, Part 4?
3. Whose arm is broken in Act 1, Part 1?
4. Why does A begin to cry in Act 1, Part 1?
5. According to C, why are B and C not as excited about the movie star as A is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does C tell A in Act 2, Part 4?
2. How did A's father die?
3. What does A say about her friends in Act 1, Part 3?
4. How does A react while she is telling the bracelet story?
5. What happens to A at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
6. What does A say about riding in Act 1, Part 2?
7. What was the setting for the bracelet incident that occurred between A and her husband?
8. What is revealed about B and C at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
9. What does A say about her living will in Act 2, Part 1?
10. Why are A and B so impatient with C?
Essay Topic 1
A feels that her jewelry, and all it represented, was fake. C says that to her being given jewelry means that she is valued, and that is not at all fake. Why does C feel so differently from A? What happened to A to make her lose her love for jewelry? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
A turning point in the play was when A had her stroke at the end of Act 1. What are the changes that take place for A between Act 1 and Act 2 (aside from the obvious)? How does her stroke enable her to begin to come to terms with her past? Would she be able to make these changes in her character in any other way? Why or why not? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
The figures of the son and the husband are archetypes for males. Despite their difference in age they share many qualities, which is why the pronoun "he" is used interchangeably to refer to both of them. What are the qualities that the son and husband share? How does A view them both? What message is Albee sending the audience about males in general? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)