Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does C say about memories in Act 1, Part 3?
2. What does A have a tantrum about in Act 1, Part 4?
3. Whose arm is broken in Act 1, Part 1?
4. Why does A begin to cry in Act 1, Part 1?
5. According to C, why are B and C not as excited about the movie star as A is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does C tell A in Act 2, Part 4?
2. How did A's father die?
3. What does A say about her friends in Act 1, Part 3?
4. How does A react while she is telling the bracelet story?
5. What happens to A at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
6. What does A say about riding in Act 1, Part 2?
7. What was the setting for the bracelet incident that occurred between A and her husband?
8. What is revealed about B and C at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
9. What does A say about her living will in Act 2, Part 1?
10. Why are A and B so impatient with C?
Essay Topic 1
C cannot understand why she marries her husband, after B's description of him. What qualities do you think C would value in a husband? Why does she have trouble understanding why she marries her husband? What reason does A give for why she married her husband? How does C feel about those reasons? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
A's broken arm is not healing, and the doctors want to amputate, but A refuses. What is the symbolism of A's broken arm, and her refusal to have it amputated? What quality of hers prevents her from following doctor's orders? What other effects has this quality had on her life? How does A's broken arm tie in with the story about her husband's shoulder injury? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
The bracelet story is a turning point in A's life, as well as in the play's plot. How did the bracelet incident change A's life? How did it change her marriage? What long-lasting effects did it have on A's character? How did it affect her emotionally? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)