|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is C in the house with A and B?
2. How did A's husband react to A's response to his request when he presented the bracelet?
3. Why did Sis have to be forced into marriage?
4. Who is B?
5. Why was A jealous of Sis?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are A and B so impatient with C?
2. Who are the three main characters?
3. What happens as A dies?
4. What is B's rationale for the racist words that A uses?
5. What does A say about her living will in Act 2, Part 1?
6. How do A and C feel about jewelry?
7. What is revealed about B and C at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
8. How did A's father die?
9. What does A say about the best time of life?
10. To whom is A referring when she uses the pronoun "he"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the second act, it becomes clear that B and C are younger versions of A, and each of them tell their versions of the story. What happened to make A and B so impatient with C's perspective? Was there any defining event that marked the transition from C to B, and from B to A? If so, what was it? If not, what defines these women at each stage of their life? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
The bracelet story is a turning point in A's life, as well as in the play's plot. How did the bracelet incident change A's life? How did it change her marriage? What long-lasting effects did it have on A's character? How did it affect her emotionally? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
A describes the changes that came over her mother after her father's death, and both B and C say that she couldn't possibly have changed so much In what ways did she change significantly? What caused their mother to change so much? What effect did these changes have on A and Sis's relationship with their mother? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 2,030 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)