|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does C feel about A and B in Act 1, Part 1?
2. What are A's favorite gemstones?
3. What do A and B tease C about?
4. Whose name is A trying to remember at the end of Act 1, Part 2?
5. How does A think her son feels about her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does A represent?
2. What does C decide to do after her conversation with B about death?
3. What does A say about riding in Act 1, Part 2?
4. What accident does A relate in Act 2, Part 3?
5. In Act 1, Part 2, what does C say about A's finances?
6. What reassurance does C plead with A and B for, in Act 2, Part 4?
7. How does C describe herself in Act 2, Part 1?
8. To whom is A referring when she uses the pronoun "he"?
9. Why are A and B so impatient with C?
10. How does C respond when A tells her to "grow up" in Act 2, Part 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A feels that her jewelry, and all it represented, was fake. C says that to her being given jewelry means that she is valued, and that is not at all fake. Why does C feel so differently from A? What happened to A to make her lose her love for jewelry? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
A, B, and C all have different ideas about why people cheat. Do you agree that men and women cheat for different reasons? If not, what do you think is the main reason people cheat on their spouses? Why do you think that these women, in particular, feel this way? What point is Albee trying to make through this conversation? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Fear of death and making peace with that fear is an important theme in the play. What is C's attitude toward death? What about B's? How does A feel about death? How does her attitude differ from B's and C's? What changes have enabled A to come to terms with her fear of death? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)