Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does C say about memories in Act 1, Part 3?
2. What does A have a tantrum about in Act 1, Part 4?
3. Whose arm is broken in Act 1, Part 1?
4. Why does A begin to cry in Act 1, Part 1?
5. According to C, why are B and C not as excited about the movie star as A is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does C tell A in Act 2, Part 4?
2. How did A's father die?
3. What does A say about her friends in Act 1, Part 3?
4. How does A react while she is telling the bracelet story?
5. What happens to A at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
6. What does A say about riding in Act 1, Part 2?
7. What was the setting for the bracelet incident that occurred between A and her husband?
8. What is revealed about B and C at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
9. What does A say about her living will in Act 2, Part 1?
10. Why are A and B so impatient with C?
A turning point in the play was when A had her stroke at the end of Act 1. What are the changes that take place for A between Act 1 and Act 2 (aside from the obvious)? How does her stroke enable her to begin to come to terms with her past? Would she be able to make these changes in her character in any other way? Why or why not? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
A, B, and C all have different ideas about why people cheat. Do you agree that men and women cheat for different reasons? If not, what do you think is the main reason people cheat on their spouses? Why do you think that these women, in particular, feel this way? What point is Albee trying to make through this conversation? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
C is offended by A's use of racist words throughout the play. B defends A, saying that the words don't mean anything, they are just the words that A learned to use. Does this excuse A's use of the words? Do you think that A's use of these words is malicious or, as B says, unconscious? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)