Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does C say about memories in Act 1, Part 3?
2. What does A have a tantrum about in Act 1, Part 4?
3. Whose arm is broken in Act 1, Part 1?
4. Why does A begin to cry in Act 1, Part 1?
5. According to C, why are B and C not as excited about the movie star as A is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does C tell A in Act 2, Part 4?
2. How did A's father die?
3. What does A say about her friends in Act 1, Part 3?
4. How does A react while she is telling the bracelet story?
5. What happens to A at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
6. What does A say about riding in Act 1, Part 2?
7. What was the setting for the bracelet incident that occurred between A and her husband?
8. What is revealed about B and C at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
9. What does A say about her living will in Act 2, Part 1?
10. Why are A and B so impatient with C?
A tells her son of a premonition she had about her death. What are the most important details in this premonition? What is the significance of A's hand being cold when the son takes it? Why does A repeat this fact over and over? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
The figures of the son and the husband are archetypes for males. Despite their difference in age they share many qualities, which is why the pronoun "he" is used interchangeably to refer to both of them. What are the qualities that the son and husband share? How does A view them both? What message is Albee sending the audience about males in general? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Sis is an archetype of the sibling rival. In what ways was A jealous of Sis, or competing with her? What qualities did A have which Sis didn't? How did A feel about the qualities she possessed that Sis didn't? How did their parents treat A and Sis? Was there any difference? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)