|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does A think she is?
2. How did A get rich?
3. What does B tell C to do in Act 1, Part 1?
4. What makes A cry in Act 1, Part 2?
5. Why was A jealous of Sis?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to B, how did her affair with the groom end?
2. Why are A and B so impatient with C?
3. Why does C object to the way A describes her husband in Act 1, Part 2?
4. What is the significance of A, B, and C's lack of names?
5. According to the argument A, B, and C have in Act 2, Part 2, why do people cheat?
6. What does C decide to do after her conversation with B about death?
7. What does C represent?
8. What does A say about riding in Act 1, Part 2?
9. What accident does A relate in Act 2, Part 3?
10. How does B reassure a weeping A when she can't remember details in Act 1, Part 3?
Essay Topic 1
The bracelet story is a turning point in A's life, as well as in the play's plot. How did the bracelet incident change A's life? How did it change her marriage? What long-lasting effects did it have on A's character? How did it affect her emotionally? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
A's disjointed memories serve several purposes throughout the play. How do they allow for exposition? Is this an effective method of exposition? Why or why not? How do these memories highlight A's mental deterioration as it parallels her physical deterioration? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
What is one of the major differences between A and Sis? Why did A feel superior to Sis because of her joy in sex? How did A lose her joy in sex? What effect did this have on A's character? How did it affect her relationship with Sis? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 1,989 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)