|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened as a result of the doctors' recommended treatment for A's husband's shoulder?
2. Who is onstage at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
3. How do B and C react when A cries?
4. Whose name is A trying to remember at the end of Act 1, Part 2?
5. How does A feel about the fact that most of her friends are dead?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does C object to the way A describes her husband in Act 1, Part 2?
2. What happens to A at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
3. What happens at the end of Act 2, Part 2?
4. How does B reassure a weeping A when she can't remember details in Act 1, Part 3?
5. What does A represent?
6. What does C tell A in Act 2, Part 4?
7. According to B, how did her affair with the groom end?
8. To whom is A referring when she uses the pronoun "he"?
9. Who are the three main characters?
10. What does B represent?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A describes the changes that came over her mother after her father's death, and both B and C say that she couldn't possibly have changed so much In what ways did she change significantly? What caused their mother to change so much? What effect did these changes have on A and Sis's relationship with their mother? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
C cannot understand why she marries her husband, after B's description of him. What qualities do you think C would value in a husband? Why does she have trouble understanding why she marries her husband? What reason does A give for why she married her husband? How does C feel about those reasons? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Sis is an archetype of the sibling rival. In what ways was A jealous of Sis, or competing with her? What qualities did A have which Sis didn't? How did A feel about the qualities she possessed that Sis didn't? How did their parents treat A and Sis? Was there any difference? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)