|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does A think her son feels about her?
2. What does B tell C to do in Act 1, Part 1?
3. What are A's favorite gemstones?
4. How old does A think she is?
5. How does C feel about A and B in Act 1, Part 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the setting for the bracelet incident that occurred between A and her husband?
2. How did Sis feel about A's dating habits?
3. What happens as A dies?
4. How does C describe herself in Act 2, Part 1?
5. What does C say about how she and Sis made a living in Act 2, Part 1?
6. What qualities did Sis have that made A jealous of her?
7. How do A, B, and C react to the son's arrival?
8. What accident does A relate in Act 2, Part 3?
9. What does A say about jewelry at the beginning of Act 1, Part 4?
10. What does B say about the best time of life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A tells her son of a premonition she had about her death. What are the most important details in this premonition? What is the significance of A's hand being cold when the son takes it? Why does A repeat this fact over and over? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
A, B, and C all have different ideas about why people cheat. Do you agree that men and women cheat for different reasons? If not, what do you think is the main reason people cheat on their spouses? Why do you think that these women, in particular, feel this way? What point is Albee trying to make through this conversation? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
A, B, and C are female characters in different stages of life, but they are also archetypes. What do they each represent? What qualities do they possess? Are the qualities each woman possesses common to all women in her stage of life? Why or why not? Do you think A, B, and C are accurate archetypes? Why or why not? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)