|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was A jealous of Sis?
2. A refers repeatedly to the fact that Sis did what?
3. How does A think her son feels about her?
4. According to C, why are B and C not as excited about the movie star as A is?
5. What does A say to C at the end of Act 1, Part 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does A say about her friends in Act 1, Part 3?
2. What does A say about her son in Act 1, Part 4?
3. What do B and C say about empathy in Act 1, Part 4?
4. What does B represent?
5. What is B's rationale for the racist words that A uses?
6. How does C describe herself in Act 2, Part 1?
7. What does A represent?
8. Why does A cry after mentioning that she was taller than Sis in Act 1, Part 3?
9. What does C decide to do after her conversation with B about death?
10. How does C respond when A tells her to "grow up" in Act 2, Part 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A makes references to her son, and their estrangement, before the son materializes in person in Act 2. What caused the estrangement between A and her son? How was this estrangement resolved? Was A able to forgive her son? If not, how was their reconciliation reached? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
A describes the changes that came over her mother after her father's death, and both B and C say that she couldn't possibly have changed so much In what ways did she change significantly? What caused their mother to change so much? What effect did these changes have on A and Sis's relationship with their mother? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
The bracelet story is a turning point in A's life, as well as in the play's plot. How did the bracelet incident change A's life? How did it change her marriage? What long-lasting effects did it have on A's character? How did it affect her emotionally? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)