|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is C in the house with A and B?
2. What comment does B make to C, regarding A's bathroom habits?
3. Why was A jealous of Sis?
4. A says in Act 1, Part 2 that she learned lessons about people from whom?
5. Why does A begin to cry in Act 1, Part 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does B represent?
2. What does C say about how she and Sis made a living in Act 2, Part 1?
3. What does A say about the best time of life?
4. What does C decide to do after her conversation with B about death?
5. According to the argument A, B, and C have in Act 2, Part 2, why do people cheat?
6. What is the significance of A, B, and C's lack of names?
7. What problems arose between B and her son in his adolescence?
8. In Act 1, Part 2, what does C say about A's finances?
9. What happens at the end of Act 2, Part 2?
10. Why are A and B so impatient with C?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The bracelet story is a turning point in A's life, as well as in the play's plot. How did the bracelet incident change A's life? How did it change her marriage? What long-lasting effects did it have on A's character? How did it affect her emotionally? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Sis is an archetype of the sibling rival. In what ways was A jealous of Sis, or competing with her? What qualities did A have which Sis didn't? How did A feel about the qualities she possessed that Sis didn't? How did their parents treat A and Sis? Was there any difference? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
A, B, and C are female characters in different stages of life, but they are also archetypes. What do they each represent? What qualities do they possess? Are the qualities each woman possesses common to all women in her stage of life? Why or why not? Do you think A, B, and C are accurate archetypes? Why or why not? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 2,122 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)