|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does C sit down to write in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) To ensure that her heirlooms go to the right people.
(b) To ensure that her family doesn't fight over her possessions after she dies.
(c) To provide for her loved ones after her death.
(d) To avoid the drawn-out, painful deterioration A has faced.
2. What does C say about the flirting she did at work?
(a) Men used to flirt with her, but she never responded in kind.
(b) She used to flirt innocently with the husbands shopping with their wives.
(c) She never flirted at work because she didn't meet any men that interested her.
(d) C used to flirt with men shopping with their wives, hoping to become some rich man's mistress.
3. What does A struggle to remember about her father in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) What his voice sounded like.
(b) What he looked like.
(c) How he died.
(d) What song he used to sing to her.
4. According to A, how old was A's husband when he died?
5. What are A and B's reactions to what C says about how she and Sis made a living?
(a) B doesn't want people to know about it, but A says it was fun.
(b) B is confused, because she doesn't remember doing any of the things C describes, but A does, and misses doing it.
(c) B thought it was fun, but A is embarrassed.
(d) Both A and B remain quiet and contemplative while C tells her story.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did A's son come to see her for the first time after leaving?
2. Who is the man that C describes near the end of Act 2, Part 1?
3. What does A hope for regarding her death?
4. What do A and C admit at the end of act 2, part 3?
5. Why does A believe that old age is the best time of life?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)