|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does C feel about jewelry?
(a) Jewelry is just a trapping of wealth, and she can do without it.
(b) She enjoys jewelry but would prefer clothes.
(c) Being given jewelry means that she is valued.
(d) She hates it because she never had any.
2. What metaphor does B use for middle age?
(a) The middle of the day.
(b) Standing on the peak of a mountain.
(c) Crossing a bridge.
(d) Standing in a forest.
3. What does A want to celebrate in Act 2, Part 4?
(a) The end of her illness.
(b) The accomplishments of her life.
(c) The reunion of her family.
(d) The final peace that comes after death.
4. B tells C that she will meet her husband in how many years?
5. Why was A better off after she broke her back?
(a) She received lots of sympathy, and people did things for her all the time.
(b) She got a lot of money from the accident, so she didn't have any more financial problems.
(c) She no longer had to work.
(d) The people she cared for saw it as proof that she wasn't perfect, and didn't resent her help as much.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does C respond to A's reasoning for her marriage?
2. What happened to B's son in school?
3. How does C describe the young man who took her virginity?
4. According to A, why did she marry her husband?
5. What was the son carrying as he walked in, in A's premonition?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)