|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did A's husband behave after A broke her back?
(a) He was angry that she couldn't do as much housework.
(b) He was irritable and felt that she was malingering.
(c) There was no change in his behavior.
(d) He was nicer and let her stop riding.
2. How does C respond to A's reasoning for her marriage?
(a) C is unhappy, but understanding.
(b) C is shocked and surprised.
(c) C is disgusted with A.
(d) C thinks that it is a romantic story.
3. In Act 2, Part 1, what does A tell C she should do?
(a) Grow up.
(b) Write a will.
(c) Stay single.
(d) Hire a lawyer.
4. Which of the following was NOT a characteristic of B's husband, according to B's description of him in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) He was a good dancer.
(b) He loved children.
(c) He made her laugh.
(d) He liked tall women.
5. What metaphor does B use for middle age?
(a) Crossing a bridge.
(b) Standing on the peak of a mountain.
(c) Standing in a forest.
(d) The middle of the day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does C remember her mother telling her in Act 2, Part 1?
2. How did A's mother-in-law feel about her?
3. C wonders, in Act 2, Part 4, if what ended with her?
4. According to A, how long has she been alone, since her husband died?
5. How did Sis and A react when their father died?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)