|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does B tell C about A's use of racial slurs?
(a) A doesn't really know what she's saying because she's too old to realize it.
(b) A is not prejudiced against all people, only some.
(c) They are just the words A learned to use, and they don't really mean anything.
(d) A had bad experiences with some people that led her to become prejudiced.
2. What did A do that Sis objected to?
(a) Got married instead of getting a job.
(b) Had a child at a young age.
(c) Slept with boys.
(d) Prostituted herself.
3. What does C say to B about getting older, in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) It must be awful to get old and lose control.
(b) She looks forward to getting older.
(c) Getting older only adds to a person's dignity.
(d) She wants to die before she gets old.
4. What happens to A at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
(a) She has a heart attack.
(b) She tries to commit suicide.
(c) She has a stroke.
(d) She falls down and gets a concussion.
5. What did A lie about to impress her future husband?
(a) Her family's wealth.
(b) Her health.
(c) Her ability to ride horses.
(d) Her past relationships.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does A feel that she always had to be strong?
2. A was friends with people of many races and ethnicities, except which?
3. Why was A jealous of Sis?
4. A reveals in Act 1, Part 2 that who had an affair?
5. Who reacts negatively to the racism in A's remarks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does C decide to do after her conversation with B about death?
2. What does A say about her in-laws in Act 2, Part 2?
3. What do B and C say about empathy in Act 1, Part 4?
4. What happened to A's arm?
5. What happened during the bracelet incident?
6. What does A say about her reconciliation with her son in Act 2, Part 3?
7. How do A and C feel about jewelry?
8. What is revealed about B and C at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
9. How did A's father die?
10. What does C tell A in Act 2, Part 4?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)