|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does A say about the boys she used to dance with?
(a) They only wanted to take advantage of her.
(b) Some of them were "fairies".
(c) She only liked to dance with rich boys.
(d) They only danced with her if Sis was already occupied.
2. Why was A jealous of Sis?
(a) She used to win all sorts of awards.
(b) She was much prettier than A.
(c) She was able to go to college.
(d) She was younger, smarter, and had more boyfriends.
3. What does A say to C at the end of Act 1, Part 2?
(a) A tells C to get out of her house.
(b) A tells C that she should live so that she doesn't have any regrets when she is as old as A.
(c) A tells C that she is too young to understand A's stories.
(d) A tells C not to get fresh.
4. What does B tell C to do in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Be more empathetic.
(b) Go home.
(c) Get a hobby.
(d) Grow up.
5. What comment does B make to C, regarding A's bathroom habits?
(a) Just when B gets A in her chair, A has to go.
(b) A takes too long in the bathroom, and B can never use it.
(c) A should be using a bedpan at night.
(d) A should be able to get to the bathroom by herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to A, Sis and her mother hated what part of A's personality?
2. How does B respond to A's situation at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
3. Who had a glass eye?
4. Who reacts negatively to the racism in A's remarks?
5. What did the doctors tell A to do for her husband's infected shoulder?
Short Essay Questions
1. When C asks for more details about her husband in Act 2, Part 2, how does B describe him?
2. Why does C object to the way A describes her husband in Act 1, Part 2?
3. What does A say about riding in Act 1, Part 2?
4. What does A say about her reconciliation with her son in Act 2, Part 3?
5. How does A's son feel about her use of racial slurs?
6. What does A say about the best time of life?
7. What does A say about her mother in Act 1, Part 2?
8. What does B say about the best time of life?
9. What does A say about jewelry at the beginning of Act 1, Part 4?
10. How does A react while she is telling the bracelet story?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)