|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does A start crying in act 1, part 3?
(a) Because she has shrunk.
(b) Because she isn't pretty anymore.
(c) Because she knows she is dying.
(d) Because Sis is dead.
2. How does B try to reassure A when she cries in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) B tells A that what she can't remember is still there, she just can't access it all the time.
(b) B tells A that her son still loves her, he's just too busy to visit a lot of the time.
(c) B tells A that she will help her get her affairs in order.
(d) B tells A that she isn't going to die alone, that B and C will be there.
3. Why does the bracelet incident affect A so deeply?
(a) It was the event that precipitated her divorce.
(b) Her son was present when it happened.
(c) It leaves physical scars on her that make it hard for her to forget the incident.
(d) It ends her joy in sex.
4. Why do the doctors want to amputate A's arm?
(a) Because she has an infected wound on her wrist.
(b) Because she has gangrene in her fingers.
(c) Because she fell and broke it, and it isn't healing.
(d) Because she has poor circulation.
5. What did A do that Sis objected to?
(a) Got married instead of getting a job.
(b) Prostituted herself.
(c) Slept with boys.
(d) Had a child at a young age.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did A lie about to impress her future husband?
2. What does A say about people at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
3. How do B and C react when A cries?
4. Who was A taller than?
5. How does C feel about B's idea about children?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act 1, Part 2, what does C say about A's finances?
2. What happened to A's arm?
3. What happens to A at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
4. How does A describe her relationship with Sis in Act 1, Part 3?
5. According to the argument A, B, and C have in Act 2, Part 2, why do people cheat?
6. Why does C object to the way A describes her husband in Act 1, Part 2?
7. How do A and C feel about jewelry?
8. What does A say about her mother in Act 1, Part 2?
9. What does A say about her in-laws in Act 2, Part 2?
10. How does C describe the young man she lost her virginity to?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)