|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose arm is broken in Act 1, Part 1?
(d) The boy's.
2. A was friends with people of many races and ethnicities, except which?
(a) Jewish people.
(b) Native Americans.
(c) Italian people.
(d) "Colored" people.
3. What happens to A at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
(a) She has a heart attack.
(b) She falls down and gets a concussion.
(c) She has a stroke.
(d) She tries to commit suicide.
4. What does B tell C about empathy?
(a) That having too much empathy can be bad for a person.
(b) That C will be old soon enough and won't have to imagine what it's like.
(c) That she should be more empathetic so that people will be empathetic with her when she is old.
(d) That empathy is an unnecessary emotion.
5. According to A, who took advantage of Sis?
(a) Her first husband's family.
(b) Her college professor.
(c) A's boyfriend.
(d) Her friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes A cry in Act 1, Part 2?
2. What does B say about children in act 1, part 1?
3. What did A's husband often buy her?
4. How does B respond to A's situation at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
5. Why was A jealous of Sis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does C say about how she and Sis made a living in Act 2, Part 1?
2. How does C describe the young man she lost her virginity to?
3. What was the difference between the way A and Sis reacted to their father's death and the way their mother reacted?
4. What happens in the premonition that A describes in Act 2, Part 4?
5. What does C decide to do after her conversation with B about death?
6. How do A, B, and C react to the son's arrival?
7. What does A say about riding in Act 1, Part 2?
8. What does A represent?
9. What happens as A dies?
10. What does A say about her mother in Act 1, Part 2?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)