|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the doctors tell A to do for her husband's infected shoulder?
(a) They told her to use leeches to drain some of the infected blood.
(b) They told her to use maggots to eat the dead tissue.
(c) They told her to bring him to the desert to bake out the infection.
(d) They told her to bring him to a witch doctor.
2. What were A's favorite pieces of jewelry?
3. What does A's son sometimes bring when he comes to visit?
(c) Chocolates and flowers.
(d) New clothes.
4. According to A, who took advantage of Sis?
(a) Her first husband's family.
(b) A's boyfriend.
(c) Her friends.
(d) Her college professor.
5. What happened as a result of the doctors' recommended treatment for A's husband's shoulder?
(a) He died.
(b) The shoulder healed, but he couldn't use his arm much.
(c) The shoulder healed, and only the scars remained.
(d) The arms had to be amputated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to A's husband's shoulder?
2. What does A think her son loves more than her?
3. Who is sitting in the chair at the beginning of Act 1?
4. Whose name is A trying to remember at the end of Act 1, Part 2?
5. Why does A begin to cry in Act 1, Part 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What qualities did Sis have that made A jealous of her?
2. What does A say about jewelry at the beginning of Act 1, Part 4?
3. What does C say about how she and Sis made a living in Act 2, Part 1?
4. What was the setting for the bracelet incident that occurred between A and her husband?
5. What do B and C say about the movie star A met?
6. What happened to A's husband's shoulder?
7. What is revealed about B and C at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
8. How does A react while she is telling the bracelet story?
9. What was the difference between the way A and Sis reacted to their father's death and the way their mother reacted?
10. What is the significance of A's rambling and disjointed memories?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)