|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A says in Act 1, Part 2 that she learned lessons about people from whom?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her husband.
2. Who is sitting in the chair at the beginning of Act 1?
(a) The Boy.
3. A reveals in Act 1, Part 2 that who had an affair?
(a) Sis's husband.
(d) A's husband.
4. What advice does B give C about getting older in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) B tells C to relax because getting old is inevitable.
(b) B tells C to live her life so she won't have any regrets when she is older.
(c) B tells C to save her money so she can live in a nice rest home.
(d) B tells C to make the most of the time she has left.
5. How does B try to reassure A when she cries in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) B tells A that her son still loves her, he's just too busy to visit a lot of the time.
(b) B tells A that what she can't remember is still there, she just can't access it all the time.
(c) B tells A that she will help her get her affairs in order.
(d) B tells A that she isn't going to die alone, that B and C will be there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is sitting at the desk at the beginning of Act 1?
2. According to A, Sis and her mother hated what part of A's personality?
3. Who helps A into the bathroom?
4. A refers repeatedly to the fact that Sis did what?
5. What does B tell C about A's use of racial slurs?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does A's son feel about her use of racial slurs?
2. What problems arose between B and her son in his adolescence?
3. What does A say about her personal strength, in Act 1, Part 4?
4. What does A say about riding in Act 1, Part 2?
5. What happened during the bracelet incident?
6. What does A represent?
7. What is the significance of Sis's character?
8. How does B reassure a weeping A when she can't remember details in Act 1, Part 3?
9. How does A describe her relationship with Sis in Act 1, Part 3?
10. What does A say about her mother in Act 1, Part 2?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)