|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does B try to reassure A when she cries in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) B tells A that her son still loves her, he's just too busy to visit a lot of the time.
(b) B tells A that she isn't going to die alone, that B and C will be there.
(c) B tells A that what she can't remember is still there, she just can't access it all the time.
(d) B tells A that she will help her get her affairs in order.
2. What expression does A use that B laughs at?
(b) "Get fresh."
(c) "Silly goose."
(d) "Tonic water."
3. What does C say about memories in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) There is no reason to remember everything that has happened to you.
(b) There is safety and salvation in forgetting things.
(c) If you forget something, there is a reason for it.
(d) You have to talk about things so you won't forget them.
4. What did A do that Sis objected to?
(a) Had a child at a young age.
(b) Prostituted herself.
(c) Slept with boys.
(d) Got married instead of getting a job.
5. Why does C think A is saying she is 91?
(a) She has forgotten when she was born.
(b) She has forgotten what year it is.
(c) She has forgotten that her birthday already passed.
(d) She is too vain to admit she is 92.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was A wearing on the night that the bracelet incident occurred?
2. Why does the glass get broken in Act 1, Part 2?
3. What comment does B make to C, regarding A's bathroom habits?
4. Who breaks a glass in Act 1, Part 2?
5. What does B say about children in act 1, part 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does A say about her living will in Act 2, Part 1?
2. What does C say about how she and Sis made a living in Act 2, Part 1?
3. What does A say about her son in Act 1, Part 4?
4. What does C decide to do after her conversation with B about death?
5. To whom is A referring when she uses the pronoun "he"?
6. How does A react while she is telling the bracelet story?
7. What does A say about her in-laws in Act 2, Part 2?
8. What is the significance of Sis's character?
9. How does C respond when A tells her to "grow up" in Act 2, Part 1?
10. What happens as A dies?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)