|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did A's husband often buy her?
2. Who is A?
(a) An old woman.
(b) A middle-aged woman.
(c) A little girl.
(d) A young woman.
3. What does A say about Sis in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) She was murdered.
(b) She drank.
(c) She was promiscuous.
(d) She had an abortion.
4. How did the bracelet incident change the way A felt about jewelry?
(a) She began to cry anytime she saw a bracelet.
(b) She began to feel that everything her jewelry represented was fake.
(c) She still enjoyed jewelry, but never wanted another bracelet.
(d) She began to hate jewelry, and didn't want to receive it any more.
5. What advice does B give C about getting older in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) B tells C to relax because getting old is inevitable.
(b) B tells C to save her money so she can live in a nice rest home.
(c) B tells C to make the most of the time she has left.
(d) B tells C to live her life so she won't have any regrets when she is older.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is onstage at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
2. How does A feel about the fact that most of her friends are dead?
3. What does A have a tantrum about in Act 1, Part 4?
4. Why is C in the house with A and B?
5. Why did Sis have to be forced into marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does A cry after mentioning that she was taller than Sis in Act 1, Part 3?
2. What do B and C say about the movie star A met?
3. What does A say about her friends in Act 1, Part 3?
4. What happens as A dies?
5. What does B represent?
6. What happens at the end of Act 2, Part 2?
7. How do A, B, and C react to the son's arrival?
8. What does C say about how she and Sis made a living in Act 2, Part 1?
9. What is the significance of A's rambling and disjointed memories?
10. To whom is A referring when she uses the pronoun "he"?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)