|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What worries C, regarding A's bathroom habits?
(a) C worries that A will ruin her expensive antique furniture.
(b) C worries that A will lose control and embarrass herself in public.
(c) C worries that A loses control of her bladder in the chair C is sitting in.
(d) C worries that A will fall and hurt herself in the bathroom.
2. According to A, who took advantage of Sis?
(a) Her college professor.
(b) Her first husband's family.
(c) Her friends.
(d) A's boyfriend.
3. How do B and C react when A cries?
(a) They try to console her.
(b) They tell her to stop.
(c) They leave the room.
(d) They wait quietly until she finishes.
4. According to A, Sis and her mother hated what part of A's personality?
(a) Her stubbornness.
(b) Her adaptability.
(c) Her strength.
(d) Her compassion.
5. Why does B get irritated with C in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) C doesn't help A to the bathroom.
(b) C doesn't do enough housework.
(c) C is immature.
(d) C makes A cry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did A's husband often buy her?
2. How does A feel about the fact that most of her friends are dead?
3. What expression does A use that B laughs at?
4. Who is sitting in the chair at the beginning of Act 1?
5. When did the incident with the bracelet occur between A and her husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does C represent?
2. What does A say about jewelry at the beginning of Act 1, Part 4?
3. To whom is A referring when she uses the pronoun "he"?
4. How does B reassure a weeping A when she can't remember details in Act 1, Part 3?
5. How does C describe the young man she lost her virginity to?
6. What is the significance of Sis's character?
7. According to B, how did her affair with the groom end?
8. When C asks for more details about her husband in Act 2, Part 2, how does B describe him?
9. What does B say about the best time of life?
10. How does C describe herself in Act 2, Part 1?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)