|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A was friends with people of many races and ethnicities, except which?
(a) Italian people.
(b) Jewish people.
(c) "Colored" people.
(d) Native Americans.
2. What does B tell C about empathy?
(a) That C will be old soon enough and won't have to imagine what it's like.
(b) That having too much empathy can be bad for a person.
(c) That she should be more empathetic so that people will be empathetic with her when she is old.
(d) That empathy is an unnecessary emotion.
3. What did A's husband often buy her?
4. What happened to A's husband's shoulder?
(a) He dislocated it.
(b) He was shot.
(c) He got into a fight and injured it.
(d) He fell and broke it.
5. What are A's favorite gemstones?
(a) Rubies and pearls.
(b) Emeralds and sapphires.
(c) Diamonds and pearls.
(d) Diamonds and rubies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who breaks a glass in Act 1, Part 2?
2. What were A's favorite pieces of jewelry?
3. How does C feel about B's idea about children?
4. According to A, Sis and her mother hated what part of A's personality?
5. Whose name is A trying to remember at the end of Act 1, Part 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the setting for the bracelet incident that occurred between A and her husband?
2. What does C represent?
3. According to the argument A, B, and C have in Act 2, Part 2, why do people cheat?
4. In Act 1, Part 2, what does C say about A's finances?
5. How does A react while she is telling the bracelet story?
6. What does A say about her friends in Act 1, Part 3?
7. How does C respond when A tells her to "grow up" in Act 2, Part 1?
8. What does B represent?
9. What was the difference between the way A and Sis reacted to their father's death and the way their mother reacted?
10. What do B and C say about empathy in Act 1, Part 4?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)