|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to A at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
(a) She tries to commit suicide.
(b) She has a heart attack.
(c) She has a stroke.
(d) She falls down and gets a concussion.
2. What does B tell C about empathy?
(a) That empathy is an unnecessary emotion.
(b) That C will be old soon enough and won't have to imagine what it's like.
(c) That she should be more empathetic so that people will be empathetic with her when she is old.
(d) That having too much empathy can be bad for a person.
3. What did A win prizes for after her marriage?
(a) Beauty pageants.
(b) Her writing.
(d) Her artwork.
4. What does A have a tantrum about in Act 1, Part 4?
(a) She wants her son to visit.
(b) She wants B and C to be more compassionate.
(c) She doesn't want to get old.
(d) Her arm hurts.
5. When did the incident with the bracelet occur between A and her husband?
(a) After a riding show.
(b) When her husband came home from work.
(c) On Christmas Eve.
(d) After they came home from a party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did A's husband often buy her?
2. Why does A start crying in act 1, part 3?
3. What does A say about Sis in Act 1, Part 2?
4. How does C feel about A and B in Act 1, Part 1?
5. Who was A taller than?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the argument A, B, and C have in Act 2, Part 2, why do people cheat?
2. What accident does A relate in Act 2, Part 3?
3. What is the significance of A's rambling and disjointed memories?
4. Why are A and B so impatient with C?
5. How does A describe her relationship with Sis in Act 1, Part 3?
6. What does A say about her friends in Act 1, Part 3?
7. What does A represent?
8. What does A say about jewelry at the beginning of Act 1, Part 4?
9. What qualities did Sis have that made A jealous of her?
10. According to B, how did her affair with the groom end?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)