|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose arm is broken in Act 1, Part 1?
(d) The boy's.
2. What advice does B give C about getting older in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) B tells C to make the most of the time she has left.
(b) B tells C to save her money so she can live in a nice rest home.
(c) B tells C to live her life so she won't have any regrets when she is older.
(d) B tells C to relax because getting old is inevitable.
3. Who is sitting in the chair at the beginning of Act 1?
(d) The Boy.
4. What does B tell C about A's use of racial slurs?
(a) A is not prejudiced against all people, only some.
(b) A doesn't really know what she's saying because she's too old to realize it.
(c) A had bad experiences with some people that led her to become prejudiced.
(d) They are just the words A learned to use, and they don't really mean anything.
5. A was more careful than Sis about what?
(a) Birth control.
(c) Her health.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the only "colored" people that A knew?
2. What happened to A's husband's shoulder?
3. What does A's son sometimes bring when he comes to visit?
4. Why was A jealous of Sis?
5. Why does A complain about B in Act 1, Part 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are A and B so impatient with C?
2. According to the argument A, B, and C have in Act 2, Part 2, why do people cheat?
3. How does C describe the young man she lost her virginity to?
4. In Act 1, Part 2, what does C say about A's finances?
5. How does C respond when A tells her to "grow up" in Act 2, Part 1?
6. What is B's rationale for the racist words that A uses?
7. What does A say about her mother in Act 1, Part 2?
8. How did Sis feel about A's dating habits?
9. What accident does A relate in Act 2, Part 3?
10. What does C say about how she and Sis made a living in Act 2, Part 1?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)