|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What expression does A use that B laughs at?
(a) "Get fresh."
(c) "Tonic water."
(d) "Silly goose."
2. What does A say about the boys she used to dance with?
(a) Some of them were "fairies".
(b) They only wanted to take advantage of her.
(c) She only liked to dance with rich boys.
(d) They only danced with her if Sis was already occupied.
3. How does C respond to A's situation at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
(a) She leaves to call A's son.
(b) She cries.
(c) She begins to panic.
(d) She calls the doctor.
4. What did A do that Sis objected to?
(a) Prostituted herself.
(b) Had a child at a young age.
(c) Slept with boys.
(d) Got married instead of getting a job.
5. How did A feel about being tall when she was younger?
(a) She never really cared either way.
(b) She liked it.
(c) She hated it.
(d) She both liked and hated it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose arm is broken in Act 1, Part 1?
2. To whom is A referring when she uses the pronoun "he"?
3. Who told A they would not come to see her if she continued to use words like "wop"?
4. In Act 1, Part 1, A says that she is how many years older than "he" is?
5. How does B respond to A's tantrum in Act 1, Part 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does C describe the young man she lost her virginity to?
2. Who are the three main characters?
3. When C asks for more details about her husband in Act 2, Part 2, how does B describe him?
4. What does A say about riding in Act 1, Part 2?
5. What happens in the premonition that A describes in Act 2, Part 4?
6. What is the significance of A, B, and C's lack of names?
7. What does A hope for as she looks at herself in the hospital bed in Act 2, Part 1?
8. What qualities did Sis have that made A jealous of her?
9. What does A say about her friends in Act 1, Part 3?
10. What is B's rationale for the racist words that A uses?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)