|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened as a result of the doctors' recommended treatment for A's husband's shoulder?
(a) He died.
(b) The shoulder healed, but he couldn't use his arm much.
(c) The arms had to be amputated.
(d) The shoulder healed, and only the scars remained.
2. C tells B that she is not good at what?
(c) Giving advice.
3. Why does A begin to cry in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Because of the pain in her arm.
(b) Because of the way C speaks to her.
(c) Because she cannot remember her husband.
(d) Because she can't use the bathroom by herself.
4. According to A, who took advantage of Sis?
(a) A's boyfriend.
(b) Her college professor.
(c) Her first husband's family.
(d) Her friends.
5. How does C feel about A and B in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) C likes A, but feels that B is always picking on her.
(b) C gets along well with both A and B.
(c) C likes B, but feels that A is always picking on her.
(d) C feels that they are ganging up on her.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to A, Sis and her mother hated what part of A's personality?
2. Whose name is A trying to remember at the end of Act 1, Part 2?
3. How does B respond to A's situation at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
4. How does B try to reassure A when she cries in Act 1, Part 3?
5. Why did Sis have to be forced into marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What accident does A relate in Act 2, Part 3?
2. What does B mean when she says that they were with one man for forty years, "more or less"?
3. What does C represent?
4. What happened to A's husband's shoulder?
5. What problems arose between B and her son in his adolescence?
6. What does A say about her personal strength, in Act 1, Part 4?
7. What happened to A's arm?
8. What reassurance does C plead with A and B for, in Act 2, Part 4?
9. What was the difference between the way A and Sis reacted to their father's death and the way their mother reacted?
10. How does A's son feel about her use of racial slurs?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)