|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does B tell A about their father?
(a) He had a heart attack.
(b) He molested Sis.
(c) He was very tall.
(d) He cheated on their mother.
2. According to B, what is the best time of life?
(b) Old age.
(d) Middle age.
3. Who is the man that C describes near the end of Act 2, Part 1?
(a) Her estranged brother.
(b) The man who took her virginity.
(c) Sis's boyfriend.
(d) The man who paid for her schooling.
4. How does C meet the young man she describes at the end of Act 2, Part 1?
(a) She dances with him.
(b) He delivers a package to her house.
(c) He comes over to meet her sister.
(d) She runs into him at a party.
5. How did A's mother-in-law feel about her?
(a) A did not have a mother-in-law.
(b) She liked A very much.
(c) She didn't like A.
(d) She was always distant, and A couldn't tell if she liked her or not.
6. What comment does C make regarding A/B's son?
(a) He is handsome.
(b) He is too thin.
(c) He seems nice.
(d) He looks rich.
7. What is B's response to C's concern at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
(a) B tells C not to worry, that A will be fine.
(b) B tells C that she doesn't need to worry about dying alone because she has a large family.
(c) B tells C that as long as she doesn't grow old and bitter, she will not die alone.
(d) B talks about the various ways in which death can come to anyone.
8. What does C ask A and B regarding A's accident?
(a) Whether they got to shoot the horse.
(b) Who took care of A's son while she was bedridden.
(c) If the medical bills were very high.
(d) If they got any money out of it.
9. What does C say about her love life in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) She dated, but never really got serious.
(b) She had a lot of boyfriends, and they were all serious, but none lasted.
(c) She didn't like to date, because she hated breakups.
(d) She didn't like men.
10. B says that they were married for how long, "more or less"?
(a) Fifty years.
(b) Thirty years.
(c) Forty years.
(d) Twenty years.
11. What does C say about A and B in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) A and B are both nasty and selfish.
(b) She will not grow up like either of them.
(c) She will help B to care for A.
(d) She doesn't want to be around A and B any more.
12. According to A and B's conversation at the end of Act 2, Part 2, what made A's father-in-law happy?
(a) Having lots of money.
(d) Having a grandson.
13. What happens at the end of Act 2, Part 2?
(a) A dies.
(b) The Boy walks into the room.
(c) C leaves.
(d) B leaves.
14. What do A and C admit at the end of act 2, part 3?
(a) That they are very different.
(b) That they are both unhappy.
(c) That they are actually quite similar.
(d) That they do not like each other.
15. Why was A better off after she broke her back?
(a) She no longer had to work.
(b) The people she cared for saw it as proof that she wasn't perfect, and didn't resent her help as much.
(c) She got a lot of money from the accident, so she didn't have any more financial problems.
(d) She received lots of sympathy, and people did things for her all the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to A, what is possible in the final moment of life?
2. According to A, how old was A's husband when he died?
3. What does C say about her sex life in Act 2, Part 1?
4. According to Act 2, Part 2, why do men cheat?
5. What happened to the man B had an affair with?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)