|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does B use to describe her son in Act 2, Part 3?
2. What did A do with most of her jewelry?
(a) She hid it.
(b) She gave it to other people.
(c) She sold it.
(d) She threw it away.
3. How does C describe the young man who took her virginity?
(a) He was the same height as her and very handsome.
(b) He was taller than her but kind of homely.
(c) He wasn't handsome, but he was very nice.
(d) He was short but very handsome.
4. What did B's son confront B with before he walked out of the house the first time?
(a) His knowledge of her affair.
(b) His father molesting him.
(c) Her alcoholism.
(d) His father's criminal activities.
5. B says that they were married for how long, "more or less"?
(a) Fifty years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Forty years.
(d) Thirty years.
6. How did A's husband behave after A broke her back?
(a) There was no change in his behavior.
(b) He was irritable and felt that she was malingering.
(c) He was nicer and let her stop riding.
(d) He was angry that she couldn't do as much housework.
7. What does A want to celebrate in Act 2, Part 4?
(a) The end of her illness.
(b) The reunion of her family.
(c) The accomplishments of her life.
(d) The final peace that comes after death.
8. What is C and B's relationship to A, as it is revealed in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) C is A's daughter-in-law, and B is C's mother.
(b) C and B are both A at different stages of her life.
(c) C and B are distant relatives of A's.
(d) C is B's daughter, and B is A's niece.
9. In Act 2, Part 1, what does A tell C she should do?
(a) Write a will.
(b) Stay single.
(c) Grow up.
(d) Hire a lawyer.
10. Why was A glad to see her son when he came to visit?
(a) She missed him, and had second thoughts about the way she had treated him.
(b) She wasn't happy to see him; she only pretended to be.
(c) She was happy to see that he had changed so much.
(d) She was lonely, and most of her friends and family had died.
11. What happened to B's son in school?
(a) He got kicked out of every one he went to.
(b) He was beaten, almost to death, by his classmates.
(c) He had an affair with one of the teachers.
(d) He was supposed to have a sports scholarship until he got injured.
12. What does C ask A and B regarding A's accident?
(a) If they got any money out of it.
(b) Whether they got to shoot the horse.
(c) Who took care of A's son while she was bedridden.
(d) If the medical bills were very high.
13. Who did A/B have an affair with?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A groom.
(d) A movie star.
14. How is A able to see herself and her life in Act 2, Part 4?
(a) In limited detail.
(c) With broken memories.
(d) With emotion.
15. What does B tell A about their father?
(a) He was very tall.
(b) He molested Sis.
(c) He cheated on their mother.
(d) He had a heart attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does C regret about her experience with the young man who took her virginity?
2. Who appears in Act 1, Part 2, as C is writing?
3. What happened to the man B had an affair with?
4. Why does C sit down to write in Act 2, Part 1?
5. What does C say about her mother in Act 2, Part 1?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)