|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did A kill time while she was bedridden after breaking her back?
(a) Wondering where her son was.
(b) Wondering who her husband was having sex with.
(d) Writing a book.
2. In A's premonition, who was with her when she died?
(a) No one.
(b) Her son.
(c) The servants and her son.
(d) The servants.
3. How does B react when her son walks in?
(a) She begins to cry.
(b) She hugs him.
(c) She glares at him but says nothing.
(d) She screams at him to leave.
4. According to A, how long has she been alone, since her husband died?
(a) Six months.
(b) Five years.
(c) Sixteen years.
(d) Nine years.
5. What is C unable to remember in Act 2, Part 4?
(a) The emotions associated with her marriage.
(b) The emotions associated with her childhood.
(c) The emotions associated with good and bad times.
(d) The emotions associated with her son's birth.
6. What comment does C make regarding A/B's son?
(a) He looks rich.
(b) He seems nice.
(c) He is too thin.
(d) He is handsome.
7. B says that they were married for how long, "more or less"?
(a) Fifty years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Thirty years.
(d) Forty years.
8. A's son came to see her how many years after he left?
9. In Act 2, Part 1, C tells B that it is hard to consider what?
(a) Dying alone.
(c) Terminal illness.
(d) Losing A.
10. What does C protest she doesn't want to hear about in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) A's talk of death and sorrow.
(b) A's argument with her son.
(c) B's talk of disillusionment and immaturity.
(d) A's illness and its symptoms.
11. What metaphor does B use for middle age?
(a) Standing on the peak of a mountain.
(b) The middle of the day.
(c) Standing in a forest.
(d) Crossing a bridge.
12. What does A remember about flirting at work when she was younger?
(a) It was innocent.
(b) It was calculated.
(c) It wasn't often.
(d) It was uncomfortable.
13. What do A and C admit at the end of act 2, part 3?
(a) That they are very different.
(b) That they do not like each other.
(c) That they are actually quite similar.
(d) That they are both unhappy.
14. What does B tell A about their father?
(a) He had a heart attack.
(b) He cheated on their mother.
(c) He molested Sis.
(d) He was very tall.
15. How did Sis and A react when their father died?
(a) They cried together.
(b) They didn't cry at all, to be strong for their mother.
(c) They went to their own rooms to cry.
(d) Sis cried, but A didn't.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did A/B have an affair with?
2. What does A struggle to remember about her father in Act 2, Part 2?
3. What is the best moment of life according to A?
4. How did C and Sis make a living, according to C?
5. How is A able to see herself and her life in Act 2, Part 4?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)