|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does C describe the young man who took her virginity?
(a) He was the same height as her and very handsome.
(b) He was taller than her but kind of homely.
(c) He was short but very handsome.
(d) He wasn't handsome, but he was very nice.
2. What does A want to celebrate in Act 2, Part 4?
(a) The reunion of her family.
(b) The accomplishments of her life.
(c) The end of her illness.
(d) The final peace that comes after death.
3. In Act 2, Part 1, what does A tell C she should do?
(a) Stay single.
(b) Write a will.
(c) Grow up.
(d) Hire a lawyer.
4. How did A's mother react when A's father died?
(a) She went on the porch to cry by herself.
(b) She cried with her daughters.
(c) She became catatonic.
(d) She stayed strong for her daughters and didn't cry.
5. What does C sit down to write in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) An outline of A's finances for when she passes away.
(b) A letter to her fiancee.
(c) A living will.
(d) A note for A's doctor.
6. Why was A better off after she broke her back?
(a) She no longer had to work.
(b) She received lots of sympathy, and people did things for her all the time.
(c) The people she cared for saw it as proof that she wasn't perfect, and didn't resent her help as much.
(d) She got a lot of money from the accident, so she didn't have any more financial problems.
7. According to A, what did A's mother do when A and Sis argued?
(a) She tried to mediate without taking sides.
(b) She sided with A.
(c) She stayed out of the argument completely.
(d) She sided with Sis.
8. What does C want A and B to tell her, in Act 2, Part 4?
(a) What A's son did that led to the distance between them.
(b) What will happen to C in the next few years.
(c) The happy times to come for her.
(d) What her relationship with her husband will be like.
9. In A's premonition, who was with her when she died?
(a) The servants.
(b) No one.
(c) Her son.
(d) The servants and her son.
10. According to A, how old was A's husband when he died?
11. According to Act 2, Part 2, why do women cheat?
(a) Because they are greedy.
(b) Because they are hormonal.
(c) Because they are sexually unsatisfied.
(d) Because they are lonely.
12. How did A's mother-in-law feel about her?
(a) She was always distant, and A couldn't tell if she liked her or not.
(b) She didn't like A.
(c) She liked A very much.
(d) A did not have a mother-in-law.
13. How did Sis and A react when their father died?
(a) They cried together.
(b) They didn't cry at all, to be strong for their mother.
(c) They went to their own rooms to cry.
(d) Sis cried, but A didn't.
14. What did A do with most of her jewelry?
(a) She gave it to other people.
(b) She hid it.
(c) She threw it away.
(d) She sold it.
15. What is C unable to remember in Act 2, Part 4?
(a) The emotions associated with her son's birth.
(b) The emotions associated with good and bad times.
(c) The emotions associated with her marriage.
(d) The emotions associated with her childhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did B's son confront B with before he walked out of the house the first time?
2. What do B and C see when they walk in at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
3. Why did A's son come to see her for the first time after leaving?
4. How old will C be, according to B, when she meets her husband?
5. How does C feel about jewelry?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)