|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the son carrying as he walked in, in A's premonition?
(c) A baby.
(d) A teddy bear.
2. Who is the man that C describes near the end of Act 2, Part 1?
(a) Sis's boyfriend.
(b) The man who paid for her schooling.
(c) The man who took her virginity.
(d) Her estranged brother.
3. How did C and Sis make a living, according to C?
(a) They prosituted themselves.
(b) They dated rich men who paid for their necessities.
(c) They cleaned houses.
(d) They were human mannequins.
4. According to A and B's conversation at the end of Act 2, Part 2, what made A's father-in-law happy?
(b) Having lots of money.
(c) Having a grandson.
5. In A's premonition, who was with her when she died?
(a) Her son.
(b) The servants.
(c) The servants and her son.
(d) No one.
6. How did A break her back?
(a) She was beaten.
(b) She was in a car accident.
(c) She fell out of a window.
(d) She was thrown off of a horse.
7. B tells C that she will meet her husband in how many years?
8. Why does C sit down to write in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) To avoid the drawn-out, painful deterioration A has faced.
(b) To ensure that her heirlooms go to the right people.
(c) To provide for her loved ones after her death.
(d) To ensure that her family doesn't fight over her possessions after she dies.
9. What happens at the end of Act 2, Part 2?
(a) B leaves.
(b) A dies.
(c) The Boy walks into the room.
(d) C leaves.
10. What does A remember most vividly about her son holding her hand in her premonition?
(a) She tried to grasp his hand tighter but couldn't.
(b) His hand was cold.
(c) He held her hand too tightly.
(d) Her hand was cold.
11. What did B's son confront B with before he walked out of the house the first time?
(a) His knowledge of her affair.
(b) His father's criminal activities.
(c) Her alcoholism.
(d) His father molesting him.
12. How did Sis and A react when their father died?
(a) Sis cried, but A didn't.
(b) They cried together.
(c) They went to their own rooms to cry.
(d) They didn't cry at all, to be strong for their mother.
13. What does C want A and B to tell her, in Act 2, Part 4?
(a) What A's son did that led to the distance between them.
(b) The happy times to come for her.
(c) What her relationship with her husband will be like.
(d) What will happen to C in the next few years.
14. What happened to the man B had an affair with?
(a) He fled the country.
(b) He never spoke to her again.
(c) He was killed by B's husband.
(d) She got him fired.
15. What does C say about A and B in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) She will not grow up like either of them.
(b) She doesn't want to be around A and B any more.
(c) She will help B to care for A.
(d) A and B are both nasty and selfish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is C and B's relationship to A, as it is revealed in Act 2, Part 1?
2. What does B tell A about their father?
3. Which of the following was NOT a characteristic of B's husband, according to B's description of him in Act 2, Part 2?
4. According to B, what is the best time of life?
5. How did A's mother-in-law feel about her?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)