|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. C wonders, in Act 2, Part 4, if what ended with her?
(a) The happy times.
(c) Her family's wealth.
(d) Youthful vigor.
2. What does C say about A and B in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) She will not grow up like either of them.
(b) A and B are both nasty and selfish.
(c) She doesn't want to be around A and B any more.
(d) She will help B to care for A.
3. What are A and B's reactions to what C says about how she and Sis made a living?
(a) B thought it was fun, but A is embarrassed.
(b) Both A and B remain quiet and contemplative while C tells her story.
(c) B is confused, because she doesn't remember doing any of the things C describes, but A does, and misses doing it.
(d) B doesn't want people to know about it, but A says it was fun.
4. What does C say about the flirting she did at work?
(a) Men used to flirt with her, but she never responded in kind.
(b) She used to flirt innocently with the husbands shopping with their wives.
(c) She never flirted at work because she didn't meet any men that interested her.
(d) C used to flirt with men shopping with their wives, hoping to become some rich man's mistress.
5. B says that they were married for how long, "more or less"?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Fifty years.
(c) Forty years.
(d) Thirty years.
6. What does A want to celebrate in Act 2, Part 4?
(a) The accomplishments of her life.
(b) The final peace that comes after death.
(c) The end of her illness.
(d) The reunion of her family.
7. What do A and C admit at the end of act 2, part 3?
(a) That they are both unhappy.
(b) That they do not like each other.
(c) That they are very different.
(d) That they are actually quite similar.
8. A's son came to see her how many years after he left?
9. According to A's premonition, when did her son come to see her?
(a) At the moment she passed away.
(b) Just before she died.
(c) After she was gone.
(d) Before she became ill.
10. According to A and B's conversation at the end of Act 2, Part 2, what made A's father-in-law happy?
(c) Having lots of money.
(d) Having a grandson.
11. Who is the son suddenly able to hear and see at the beginning of Act 2, Part 4?
(d) A, in her bed.
12. When did A/B decide to have an affair?
(a) After B discovered her husband had an STD.
(b) While B's husband was hospitalized.
(c) After The Boy was born.
(d) After B found out her husband was cheating on her.
13. Why does C sit down to write in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) To ensure that her family doesn't fight over her possessions after she dies.
(b) To provide for her loved ones after her death.
(c) To avoid the drawn-out, painful deterioration A has faced.
(d) To ensure that her heirlooms go to the right people.
14. What does C say about her love life in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) She dated, but never really got serious.
(b) She didn't like men.
(c) She had a lot of boyfriends, and they were all serious, but none lasted.
(d) She didn't like to date, because she hated breakups.
15. What is C and B's relationship to A, as it is revealed in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) C and B are both A at different stages of her life.
(b) C and B are distant relatives of A's.
(c) C is B's daughter, and B is A's niece.
(d) C is A's daughter-in-law, and B is C's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does A remember most vividly about her son holding her hand in her premonition?
2. What does A struggle to remember about her father in Act 2, Part 2?
3. B tells C that she will meet her husband in how many years?
4. What metaphor does B use for middle age?
5. How did C and Sis make a living, according to C?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)