|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is B's response to C's concern at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
(a) B tells C not to worry, that A will be fine.
(b) B tells C that she doesn't need to worry about dying alone because she has a large family.
(c) B tells C that as long as she doesn't grow old and bitter, she will not die alone.
(d) B talks about the various ways in which death can come to anyone.
2. Why does A believe that old age is the best time of life?
(a) It is a time when the people you used to care for care for you instead.
(b) It is a time when you don't have to work a steady job anymore.
(c) It is when you can stop and let go of everything in the past.
(d) It is a time when you don't have to take care of anyone else.
3. What does A hope for regarding her death?
(a) A hopes that her death will be quick.
(b) A wants her son to be with her when she dies.
(c) A hopes that her final wishes will be followed.
(d) A hopes that her family won't argue about her possessions.
4. What does A remember most vividly about her son holding her hand in her premonition?
(a) She tried to grasp his hand tighter but couldn't.
(b) His hand was cold.
(c) He held her hand too tightly.
(d) Her hand was cold.
5. What was the son carrying as he walked in, in A's premonition?
(b) A teddy bear.
(c) A baby.
6. What is the best moment of life according to A?
(a) The final moment when it is possible to stop.
(b) The moment of her marriage.
(c) The moment of her son's birth.
(d) The moment of her birth.
7. According to Act 2, Part 2, why do men cheat?
(a) Because they are men.
(b) Because they are lonely.
(c) Because their significant other isn't fulfilling their needs.
(d) Because they need variety.
8. According to A, why did she marry her husband?
(a) Because she was in love.
(b) Because she was lonely.
(c) Because he was rich.
(d) Because she was in a hurry to have children.
9. What comment does C make regarding A/B's son?
(a) He seems nice.
(b) He is too thin.
(c) He looks rich.
(d) He is handsome.
10. What does C protest she doesn't want to hear about in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) A's talk of death and sorrow.
(b) A's argument with her son.
(c) A's illness and its symptoms.
(d) B's talk of disillusionment and immaturity.
11. What does C say about her mother in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) She was a drunk who left C to care for Sis.
(b) She did the best she could, but it wasn't enough.
(c) She should have remarried so that C and Sis had a father figure.
(d) She brought both C and Sis up well.
12. According to A, what is possible in the final moment of life?
(a) It is possible to conquer a fear of death.
(b) It is possible to reconcile with B and C.
(c) It is possible to stop.
(d) It is possible to forgive those who have hurt her.
13. In Act 2, Part 1, what does A tell C she should do?
(a) Hire a lawyer.
(b) Write a will.
(c) Stay single.
(d) Grow up.
14. What happens at the end of Act 2, Part 2?
(a) A dies.
(b) C leaves.
(c) B leaves.
(d) The Boy walks into the room.
15. How does C meet the young man she describes at the end of Act 2, Part 1?
(a) He comes over to meet her sister.
(b) He delivers a package to her house.
(c) She dances with him.
(d) She runs into him at a party.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to A, how long has she been alone, since her husband died?
2. In Act 2, Part 1, C tells B that it is hard to consider what?
3. What is C unable to remember in Act 2, Part 4?
4. Why was A glad to see her son when he came to visit?
5. How did A kill time while she was bedridden after breaking her back?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)