|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does B react when her son walks in?
(a) She glares at him but says nothing.
(b) She hugs him.
(c) She screams at him to leave.
(d) She begins to cry.
2. How many times did C have sex with the young man she describes in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) She doesn't remember.
(c) Several times.
(d) Only once.
3. What does C remember her mother telling her in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) To not seem promiscuous.
(b) To get as much as she could from the men she slept with.
(c) To wait until she was married for sex.
(d) To control her urges.
4. How does C meet the young man she describes at the end of Act 2, Part 1?
(a) He delivers a package to her house.
(b) She dances with him.
(c) He comes over to meet her sister.
(d) She runs into him at a party.
5. What does C protest she doesn't want to hear about in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) A's argument with her son.
(b) A's talk of death and sorrow.
(c) B's talk of disillusionment and immaturity.
(d) A's illness and its symptoms.
6. How does C respond to A's reasoning for her marriage?
(a) C is unhappy, but understanding.
(b) C thinks that it is a romantic story.
(c) C is shocked and surprised.
(d) C is disgusted with A.
7. How did A's mother react when A's father died?
(a) She became catatonic.
(b) She cried with her daughters.
(c) She went on the porch to cry by herself.
(d) She stayed strong for her daughters and didn't cry.
8. How were A and her son able to reconcile?
(a) They never talked about the past.
(b) A forgave her son for what he had done.
(c) A apologized for the way she had treated her son.
(d) A's son apologized for what he had done.
9. What does C say about her mother in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) She was a drunk who left C to care for Sis.
(b) She should have remarried so that C and Sis had a father figure.
(c) She did the best she could, but it wasn't enough.
(d) She brought both C and Sis up well.
10. What do B and C see when they walk in at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
(a) They see that there has been no change in A's condition.
(b) They see The Boy hovering by his mother's bedside.
(c) They see that A has been covered with a sheet, and they think she is dead.
(d) They see an empty bed, and they are alarmed because they don't know where A is.
11. According to A, what is possible in the final moment of life?
(a) It is possible to stop.
(b) It is possible to conquer a fear of death.
(c) It is possible to forgive those who have hurt her.
(d) It is possible to reconcile with B and C.
12. What happened to A's mother as she got older?
(a) She lost touch with both of her daughters.
(b) She became more understanding and compassionate.
(c) Her health declined rapidly.
(d) She got nasty and lonely.
13. According to A, how long has she been alone, since her husband died?
(a) Six months.
(b) Sixteen years.
(c) Nine years.
(d) Five years.
14. How is A able to see herself and her life in Act 2, Part 4?
(b) With broken memories.
(c) In limited detail.
(d) With emotion.
15. What did B's son confront B with before he walked out of the house the first time?
(a) His knowledge of her affair.
(b) Her alcoholism.
(c) His father's criminal activities.
(d) His father molesting him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears in Act 1, Part 2, as C is writing?
2. Who did A/B have an affair with?
3. What does B think about her father-in-law?
4. According to Act 2, Part 2, why do women cheat?
5. How did A's husband behave after A broke her back?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)