|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did A's mother-in-law feel about her?
(a) A did not have a mother-in-law.
(b) She was always distant, and A couldn't tell if she liked her or not.
(c) She liked A very much.
(d) She didn't like A.
2. What does A remember about flirting at work when she was younger?
(a) It was innocent.
(b) It was uncomfortable.
(c) It wasn't often.
(d) It was calculated.
3. What does C ask A and B regarding A's accident?
(a) Who took care of A's son while she was bedridden.
(b) If the medical bills were very high.
(c) Whether they got to shoot the horse.
(d) If they got any money out of it.
4. Why does A believe that old age is the best time of life?
(a) It is a time when the people you used to care for care for you instead.
(b) It is when you can stop and let go of everything in the past.
(c) It is a time when you don't have to take care of anyone else.
(d) It is a time when you don't have to work a steady job anymore.
5. Who did A/B have an affair with?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A groom.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A movie star.
6. What does C sit down to write in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) A letter to her fiancee.
(b) An outline of A's finances for when she passes away.
(c) A living will.
(d) A note for A's doctor.
7. What does C tell A in Act 2, Part 4?
(a) A reminds her of her mother.
(b) She misunderstood A.
(c) She wishes A could be a better person.
(d) She will never become A; she "denies" her.
8. How does C describe the young man who took her virginity?
(a) He wasn't handsome, but he was very nice.
(b) He was the same height as her and very handsome.
(c) He was short but very handsome.
(d) He was taller than her but kind of homely.
9. What did A do with most of her jewelry?
(a) She threw it away.
(b) She sold it.
(c) She hid it.
(d) She gave it to other people.
10. What does B think about her father-in-law?
(a) She thinks he was a criminal.
(b) She thinks he had an affair.
(c) She thinks he wanted her.
(d) She thinks he was gay.
11. What is C unable to remember in Act 2, Part 4?
(a) The emotions associated with her marriage.
(b) The emotions associated with her childhood.
(c) The emotions associated with her son's birth.
(d) The emotions associated with good and bad times.
12. What do A and C admit at the end of act 2, part 3?
(a) That they are very different.
(b) That they do not like each other.
(c) That they are actually quite similar.
(d) That they are both unhappy.
13. What do B and C see when they walk in at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
(a) They see that A has been covered with a sheet, and they think she is dead.
(b) They see that there has been no change in A's condition.
(c) They see an empty bed, and they are alarmed because they don't know where A is.
(d) They see The Boy hovering by his mother's bedside.
14. B says that they were married for how long, "more or less"?
(a) Forty years.
(b) Thirty years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Fifty years.
15. How is A able to see herself and her life in Act 2, Part 4?
(a) With emotion.
(b) In limited detail.
(d) With broken memories.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did A/B decide to have an affair?
2. Why did A's son come to see her for the first time after leaving?
3. Who appears in Act 1, Part 2, as C is writing?
4. What does C say about the flirting she did at work?
5. What happened to B's son in school?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)