|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times did C have sex with the young man she describes in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) She doesn't remember.
(b) Several times.
(d) Only once.
2. What did B's son confront B with before he walked out of the house the first time?
(a) His father molesting him.
(b) His father's criminal activities.
(c) Her alcoholism.
(d) His knowledge of her affair.
3. Why was A better off after she broke her back?
(a) The people she cared for saw it as proof that she wasn't perfect, and didn't resent her help as much.
(b) She received lots of sympathy, and people did things for her all the time.
(c) She got a lot of money from the accident, so she didn't have any more financial problems.
(d) She no longer had to work.
4. According to A, how long has she been alone, since her husband died?
(a) Five years.
(b) Six months.
(c) Sixteen years.
(d) Nine years.
5. According to A, what is possible in the final moment of life?
(a) It is possible to conquer a fear of death.
(b) It is possible to forgive those who have hurt her.
(c) It is possible to stop.
(d) It is possible to reconcile with B and C.
6. According to A and B's conversation at the end of Act 2, Part 2, what made A's father-in-law happy?
(a) Having lots of money.
(c) Having a grandson.
7. What does B tell A about their father?
(a) He cheated on their mother.
(b) He was very tall.
(c) He had a heart attack.
(d) He molested Sis.
8. What does C remember her mother telling her in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) To get as much as she could from the men she slept with.
(b) To wait until she was married for sex.
(c) To control her urges.
(d) To not seem promiscuous.
9. What are A and B's reactions to what C says about how she and Sis made a living?
(a) B is confused, because she doesn't remember doing any of the things C describes, but A does, and misses doing it.
(b) Both A and B remain quiet and contemplative while C tells her story.
(c) B thought it was fun, but A is embarrassed.
(d) B doesn't want people to know about it, but A says it was fun.
10. How did A's husband behave after A broke her back?
(a) He was irritable and felt that she was malingering.
(b) He was angry that she couldn't do as much housework.
(c) He was nicer and let her stop riding.
(d) There was no change in his behavior.
11. What is B's response to C's concern at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
(a) B tells C that she doesn't need to worry about dying alone because she has a large family.
(b) B tells C not to worry, that A will be fine.
(c) B tells C that as long as she doesn't grow old and bitter, she will not die alone.
(d) B talks about the various ways in which death can come to anyone.
12. B says that they were married for how long, "more or less"?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Thirty years.
(c) Fifty years.
(d) Forty years.
13. What does C want A and B to tell her, in Act 2, Part 4?
(a) What her relationship with her husband will be like.
(b) The happy times to come for her.
(c) What A's son did that led to the distance between them.
(d) What will happen to C in the next few years.
14. What does C ask A and B about bitterness in Act 2, Part 4?
(a) If there is anything that can be done to prevent it.
(b) Whether it is the only alternative.
(c) If they can feel anything else.
(d) Whether it is a necessary emotion.
15. How does C describe the young man who took her virginity?
(a) He wasn't handsome, but he was very nice.
(b) He was taller than her but kind of homely.
(c) He was the same height as her and very handsome.
(d) He was short but very handsome.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Act 2, Part 2, why do men cheat?
2. Which of the following was NOT a characteristic of B's husband, according to B's description of him in Act 2, Part 2?
3. According to B, what is the best time of life?
4. What does C say about her love life in Act 2, Part 1?
5. What does C sit down to write in Act 2, Part 1?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)