|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is B's response to C's concern at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
(a) B talks about the various ways in which death can come to anyone.
(b) B tells C that as long as she doesn't grow old and bitter, she will not die alone.
(c) B tells C that she doesn't need to worry about dying alone because she has a large family.
(d) B tells C not to worry, that A will be fine.
2. What does C say about her sex life in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) She only goes out with men who are willing to spend money on her.
(b) She is a virgin, and is waiting until she gets married.
(c) She is not a virgin, but still a good girl.
(d) She is promiscuous, and goes out with any man who she finds attractive.
3. In Act 2, Part 1, C tells B that it is hard to consider what?
(a) Terminal illness.
(b) Losing A.
(d) Dying alone.
4. What is the best moment of life according to A?
(a) The moment of her marriage.
(b) The moment of her birth.
(c) The final moment when it is possible to stop.
(d) The moment of her son's birth.
5. What does C say about her love life in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) She had a lot of boyfriends, and they were all serious, but none lasted.
(b) She didn't like to date, because she hated breakups.
(c) She dated, but never really got serious.
(d) She didn't like men.
6. What does C tell A in Act 2, Part 4?
(a) She will never become A; she "denies" her.
(b) A reminds her of her mother.
(c) She wishes A could be a better person.
(d) She misunderstood A.
7. What did B's son confront B with before he walked out of the house the first time?
(a) Her alcoholism.
(b) His knowledge of her affair.
(c) His father's criminal activities.
(d) His father molesting him.
8. What do B and C see when they walk in at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
(a) They see that there has been no change in A's condition.
(b) They see The Boy hovering by his mother's bedside.
(c) They see an empty bed, and they are alarmed because they don't know where A is.
(d) They see that A has been covered with a sheet, and they think she is dead.
9. How did A break her back?
(a) She was thrown off of a horse.
(b) She fell out of a window.
(c) She was beaten.
(d) She was in a car accident.
10. Who appears in Act 1, Part 2, as C is writing?
(c) The Boy.
(d) The doctor.
11. According to B, what is the best time of life?
(a) Middle age.
(b) Old age.
12. According to A, how old was A's husband when he died?
13. How does C feel about jewelry?
(a) Jewelry is just a trapping of wealth, and she can do without it.
(b) She hates it because she never had any.
(c) She enjoys jewelry but would prefer clothes.
(d) Being given jewelry means that she is valued.
14. What does C sit down to write in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) A note for A's doctor.
(b) A letter to her fiancee.
(c) A living will.
(d) An outline of A's finances for when she passes away.
15. Who is the man that C describes near the end of Act 2, Part 1?
(a) Her estranged brother.
(b) Sis's boyfriend.
(c) The man who took her virginity.
(d) The man who paid for her schooling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to B's son in school?
2. In Act 2, Part 1, what does A tell C she should do?
3. What happens at the end of Act 2, Part 2?
4. How many times did C have sex with the young man she describes in Act 2, Part 1?
5. According to A's premonition, when did her son come to see her?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)