|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. B says that they were married for how long, "more or less"?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Forty years.
(c) Fifty years.
(d) Thirty years.
2. What does C protest she doesn't want to hear about in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) A's illness and its symptoms.
(b) A's argument with her son.
(c) A's talk of death and sorrow.
(d) B's talk of disillusionment and immaturity.
3. What comment does C make regarding A/B's son?
(a) He looks rich.
(b) He is too thin.
(c) He seems nice.
(d) He is handsome.
4. How does C feel about jewelry?
(a) Jewelry is just a trapping of wealth, and she can do without it.
(b) She enjoys jewelry but would prefer clothes.
(c) Being given jewelry means that she is valued.
(d) She hates it because she never had any.
5. What word does B use to describe her son in Act 2, Part 3?
6. What does C sit down to write in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) A living will.
(b) A note for A's doctor.
(c) A letter to her fiancee.
(d) An outline of A's finances for when she passes away.
7. Why do A and B make fun of A's deceased husband?
(a) He couldn't dance.
(b) He was impotent.
(c) He had one leg.
(d) He had one eye.
8. How does A respond to what C says to her in Act 2, Part 4?
(a) A ignores C.
(b) A throws C out of her hospital room.
(c) A "denies" B, C, and her son.
(d) A hugs C.
9. Who is the man that C describes near the end of Act 2, Part 1?
(a) The man who took her virginity.
(b) The man who paid for her schooling.
(c) Sis's boyfriend.
(d) Her estranged brother.
10. Why did A's son come to see her for the first time after leaving?
(a) A had a heart attack.
(b) The son needed a place to stay.
(c) A was terminally ill.
(d) A's husband died.
11. What does A remember about flirting at work when she was younger?
(a) It was uncomfortable.
(b) It wasn't often.
(c) It was innocent.
(d) It was calculated.
12. In Act 2, Part 1, C tells B that it is hard to consider what?
(a) Losing A.
(b) Terminal illness.
(d) Dying alone.
13. How does B react when her son walks in?
(a) She screams at him to leave.
(b) She glares at him but says nothing.
(c) She hugs him.
(d) She begins to cry.
14. What is the best moment of life according to A?
(a) The final moment when it is possible to stop.
(b) The moment of her son's birth.
(c) The moment of her birth.
(d) The moment of her marriage.
15. What do B and C see when they walk in at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
(a) They see that A has been covered with a sheet, and they think she is dead.
(b) They see an empty bed, and they are alarmed because they don't know where A is.
(c) They see The Boy hovering by his mother's bedside.
(d) They see that there has been no change in A's condition.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to A, why did she marry her husband?
2. Who appears in Act 1, Part 2, as C is writing?
3. Why does A believe that old age is the best time of life?
4. What does C want A and B to tell her, in Act 2, Part 4?
5. What does A remember most vividly about her son holding her hand in her premonition?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)