|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the man that C describes near the end of Act 2, Part 1?
(a) Her estranged brother.
(b) The man who paid for her schooling.
(c) Sis's boyfriend.
(d) The man who took her virginity.
2. According to A, what is possible in the final moment of life?
(a) It is possible to stop.
(b) It is possible to reconcile with B and C.
(c) It is possible to forgive those who have hurt her.
(d) It is possible to conquer a fear of death.
3. According to Act 2, Part 2, why do men cheat?
(a) Because they are lonely.
(b) Because they need variety.
(c) Because they are men.
(d) Because their significant other isn't fulfilling their needs.
4. What was the son carrying as he walked in, in A's premonition?
(c) A baby.
(d) A teddy bear.
5. What happened to B's son in school?
(a) He was supposed to have a sports scholarship until he got injured.
(b) He had an affair with one of the teachers.
(c) He got kicked out of every one he went to.
(d) He was beaten, almost to death, by his classmates.
6. What happened to A's mother as she got older?
(a) She lost touch with both of her daughters.
(b) She got nasty and lonely.
(c) She became more understanding and compassionate.
(d) Her health declined rapidly.
7. What is C unable to remember in Act 2, Part 4?
(a) The emotions associated with good and bad times.
(b) The emotions associated with her childhood.
(c) The emotions associated with her marriage.
(d) The emotions associated with her son's birth.
8. What does C say about the flirting she did at work?
(a) She used to flirt innocently with the husbands shopping with their wives.
(b) Men used to flirt with her, but she never responded in kind.
(c) She never flirted at work because she didn't meet any men that interested her.
(d) C used to flirt with men shopping with their wives, hoping to become some rich man's mistress.
9. What does C regret about her experience with the young man who took her virginity?
(a) She wishes she had waited until she was older.
(b) She wishes she had waited for her husband.
(c) She wishes she had married him.
(d) She couldn't do everything she wanted to do for him.
10. Why was A glad to see her son when he came to visit?
(a) She missed him, and had second thoughts about the way she had treated him.
(b) She wasn't happy to see him; she only pretended to be.
(c) She was lonely, and most of her friends and family had died.
(d) She was happy to see that he had changed so much.
11. How does C describe the young man who took her virginity?
(a) He was taller than her but kind of homely.
(b) He wasn't handsome, but he was very nice.
(c) He was the same height as her and very handsome.
(d) He was short but very handsome.
12. What does B think about her father-in-law?
(a) She thinks he was a criminal.
(b) She thinks he had an affair.
(c) She thinks he was gay.
(d) She thinks he wanted her.
13. How does C respond to A's reasoning for her marriage?
(a) C thinks that it is a romantic story.
(b) C is unhappy, but understanding.
(c) C is shocked and surprised.
(d) C is disgusted with A.
14. How does A respond to what C says to her in Act 2, Part 4?
(a) A "denies" B, C, and her son.
(b) A ignores C.
(c) A hugs C.
(d) A throws C out of her hospital room.
15. B says that they were married for how long, "more or less"?
(a) Fifty years.
(b) Thirty years.
(c) Forty years.
(d) Twenty years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does A struggle to remember about her father in Act 2, Part 2?
2. What does C remember her mother telling her in Act 2, Part 1?
3. What does A hope for regarding her death?
4. What do B and C see when they walk in at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
5. According to A, how long has she been alone, since her husband died?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)