|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did A's husband behave after A broke her back?
(a) He was nicer and let her stop riding.
(b) There was no change in his behavior.
(c) He was angry that she couldn't do as much housework.
(d) He was irritable and felt that she was malingering.
2. How does C respond to A's reasoning for her marriage?
(a) C is disgusted with A.
(b) C is unhappy, but understanding.
(c) C is shocked and surprised.
(d) C thinks that it is a romantic story.
3. How did C and Sis make a living, according to C?
(a) They cleaned houses.
(b) They prosituted themselves.
(c) They were human mannequins.
(d) They dated rich men who paid for their necessities.
4. What is B's response to C's concern at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
(a) B tells C not to worry, that A will be fine.
(b) B tells C that she doesn't need to worry about dying alone because she has a large family.
(c) B talks about the various ways in which death can come to anyone.
(d) B tells C that as long as she doesn't grow old and bitter, she will not die alone.
5. A's son came to see her how many years after he left?
6. According to Act 2, Part 2, why do men cheat?
(a) Because they are lonely.
(b) Because they are men.
(c) Because they need variety.
(d) Because their significant other isn't fulfilling their needs.
7. According to A, how old was A's husband when he died?
8. How does B react when her son walks in?
(a) She screams at him to leave.
(b) She glares at him but says nothing.
(c) She hugs him.
(d) She begins to cry.
9. How does C meet the young man she describes at the end of Act 2, Part 1?
(a) He delivers a package to her house.
(b) She runs into him at a party.
(c) He comes over to meet her sister.
(d) She dances with him.
10. Why do A and B make fun of A's deceased husband?
(a) He couldn't dance.
(b) He was impotent.
(c) He had one leg.
(d) He had one eye.
11. According to A and B's conversation at the end of Act 2, Part 2, what made A's father-in-law happy?
(b) Having lots of money.
(c) Having a grandson.
12. According to A, why did she marry her husband?
(a) Because he was rich.
(b) Because she was in love.
(c) Because she was in a hurry to have children.
(d) Because she was lonely.
13. What does C say about her mother in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) She should have remarried so that C and Sis had a father figure.
(b) She was a drunk who left C to care for Sis.
(c) She brought both C and Sis up well.
(d) She did the best she could, but it wasn't enough.
14. What does B tell A about their father?
(a) He molested Sis.
(b) He cheated on their mother.
(c) He was very tall.
(d) He had a heart attack.
15. What does C tell A in Act 2, Part 4?
(a) She wishes A could be a better person.
(b) She will never become A; she "denies" her.
(c) She misunderstood A.
(d) A reminds her of her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does A respond to what C says to her in Act 2, Part 4?
2. According to B, what is the best time of life?
3. Why does C sit down to write in Act 2, Part 1?
4. What happened to the man B had an affair with?
5. How does C describe the young man who took her virginity?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)