|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does C say about the flirting she did at work?
(a) She never flirted at work because she didn't meet any men that interested her.
(b) She used to flirt innocently with the husbands shopping with their wives.
(c) C used to flirt with men shopping with their wives, hoping to become some rich man's mistress.
(d) Men used to flirt with her, but she never responded in kind.
2. What do B and C see when they walk in at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
(a) They see that A has been covered with a sheet, and they think she is dead.
(b) They see an empty bed, and they are alarmed because they don't know where A is.
(c) They see that there has been no change in A's condition.
(d) They see The Boy hovering by his mother's bedside.
3. What does B think about her father-in-law?
(a) She thinks he was gay.
(b) She thinks he was a criminal.
(c) She thinks he wanted her.
(d) She thinks he had an affair.
4. According to A, what did A's mother do when A and Sis argued?
(a) She sided with A.
(b) She sided with Sis.
(c) She stayed out of the argument completely.
(d) She tried to mediate without taking sides.
5. What does A remember about flirting at work when she was younger?
(a) It was uncomfortable.
(b) It wasn't often.
(c) It was innocent.
(d) It was calculated.
6. How does A respond to what C says to her in Act 2, Part 4?
(a) A ignores C.
(b) A throws C out of her hospital room.
(c) A hugs C.
(d) A "denies" B, C, and her son.
7. How old will C be, according to B, when she meets her husband?
8. What happens at the end of Act 2, Part 2?
(a) B leaves.
(b) C leaves.
(c) The Boy walks into the room.
(d) A dies.
9. How does C respond to A's reasoning for her marriage?
(a) C is unhappy, but understanding.
(b) C is disgusted with A.
(c) C is shocked and surprised.
(d) C thinks that it is a romantic story.
10. How is A able to see herself and her life in Act 2, Part 4?
(a) With broken memories.
(b) In limited detail.
(c) With emotion.
11. How does C feel about jewelry?
(a) She enjoys jewelry but would prefer clothes.
(b) Jewelry is just a trapping of wealth, and she can do without it.
(c) She hates it because she never had any.
(d) Being given jewelry means that she is valued.
12. What does C say about her love life in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) She dated, but never really got serious.
(b) She had a lot of boyfriends, and they were all serious, but none lasted.
(c) She didn't like to date, because she hated breakups.
(d) She didn't like men.
13. What did B's son confront B with before he walked out of the house the first time?
(a) Her alcoholism.
(b) His knowledge of her affair.
(c) His father's criminal activities.
(d) His father molesting him.
14. How did A's mother react when A's father died?
(a) She became catatonic.
(b) She went on the porch to cry by herself.
(c) She cried with her daughters.
(d) She stayed strong for her daughters and didn't cry.
15. What does A struggle to remember about her father in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) What his voice sounded like.
(b) What song he used to sing to her.
(c) What he looked like.
(d) How he died.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did C and Sis make a living, according to C?
2. How did A's husband behave after A broke her back?
3. What do A and C admit at the end of act 2, part 3?
4. How does C meet the young man she describes at the end of Act 2, Part 1?
5. Who is the son suddenly able to hear and see at the beginning of Act 2, Part 4?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)