|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does A remember most vividly about her son holding her hand in her premonition?
(a) Her hand was cold.
(b) He held her hand too tightly.
(c) His hand was cold.
(d) She tried to grasp his hand tighter but couldn't.
2. What does C say about her mother in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) She was a drunk who left C to care for Sis.
(b) She should have remarried so that C and Sis had a father figure.
(c) She did the best she could, but it wasn't enough.
(d) She brought both C and Sis up well.
3. How did A's husband behave after A broke her back?
(a) He was angry that she couldn't do as much housework.
(b) He was irritable and felt that she was malingering.
(c) He was nicer and let her stop riding.
(d) There was no change in his behavior.
4. How did A kill time while she was bedridden after breaking her back?
(a) Wondering where her son was.
(b) Wondering who her husband was having sex with.
(c) Writing a book.
5. Who appears in Act 1, Part 2, as C is writing?
(a) The doctor.
(c) The Boy.
6. Who is the man that C describes near the end of Act 2, Part 1?
(a) The man who paid for her schooling.
(b) Sis's boyfriend.
(c) Her estranged brother.
(d) The man who took her virginity.
7. What metaphor does B use for middle age?
(a) Standing in a forest.
(b) Crossing a bridge.
(c) The middle of the day.
(d) Standing on the peak of a mountain.
8. How did A's father-in-law feel about her?
(a) He never spoke to her.
(b) He liked her.
(c) He was civil to her.
(d) He disliked her.
9. What comment does C make regarding A/B's son?
(a) He looks rich.
(b) He is too thin.
(c) He seems nice.
(d) He is handsome.
10. What happened to A's mother as she got older?
(a) She got nasty and lonely.
(b) Her health declined rapidly.
(c) She became more understanding and compassionate.
(d) She lost touch with both of her daughters.
11. What does C say about her sex life in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) She is not a virgin, but still a good girl.
(b) She only goes out with men who are willing to spend money on her.
(c) She is promiscuous, and goes out with any man who she finds attractive.
(d) She is a virgin, and is waiting until she gets married.
12. According to Act 2, Part 2, why do men cheat?
(a) Because they are men.
(b) Because they need variety.
(c) Because they are lonely.
(d) Because their significant other isn't fulfilling their needs.
13. What is the best moment of life according to A?
(a) The moment of her son's birth.
(b) The moment of her birth.
(c) The final moment when it is possible to stop.
(d) The moment of her marriage.
14. B says that they were married for how long, "more or less"?
(a) Fifty years.
(b) Thirty years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Forty years.
15. What does C protest she doesn't want to hear about in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) A's talk of death and sorrow.
(b) A's illness and its symptoms.
(c) B's talk of disillusionment and immaturity.
(d) A's argument with her son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does C tell A in Act 2, Part 4?
2. How did Sis and A react when their father died?
3. What word does B use to describe her son in Act 2, Part 3?
4. How does C meet the young man she describes at the end of Act 2, Part 1?
5. What happened to B's son in school?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)