|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Act 2, Part 2, why do women cheat?
(a) Because they are greedy.
(b) Because they are sexually unsatisfied.
(c) Because they are lonely.
(d) Because they are hormonal.
2. How did A kill time while she was bedridden after breaking her back?
(b) Wondering who her husband was having sex with.
(c) Wondering where her son was.
(d) Writing a book.
3. Who appears in Act 1, Part 2, as C is writing?
(b) The Boy.
(d) The doctor.
4. How did A's mother react when A's father died?
(a) She went on the porch to cry by herself.
(b) She became catatonic.
(c) She cried with her daughters.
(d) She stayed strong for her daughters and didn't cry.
5. How did Sis and A react when their father died?
(a) They cried together.
(b) Sis cried, but A didn't.
(c) They went to their own rooms to cry.
(d) They didn't cry at all, to be strong for their mother.
6. Which of the following was NOT a characteristic of B's husband, according to B's description of him in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) He loved children.
(b) He made her laugh.
(c) He was a good dancer.
(d) He liked tall women.
7. Why does A believe that old age is the best time of life?
(a) It is when you can stop and let go of everything in the past.
(b) It is a time when you don't have to take care of anyone else.
(c) It is a time when the people you used to care for care for you instead.
(d) It is a time when you don't have to work a steady job anymore.
8. What happens at the end of Act 2, Part 2?
(a) A dies.
(b) The Boy walks into the room.
(c) C leaves.
(d) B leaves.
9. According to B, what is the best time of life?
(b) Middle age.
(d) Old age.
10. Why was A glad to see her son when he came to visit?
(a) She missed him, and had second thoughts about the way she had treated him.
(b) She was happy to see that he had changed so much.
(c) She wasn't happy to see him; she only pretended to be.
(d) She was lonely, and most of her friends and family had died.
11. What do B and C see when they walk in at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
(a) They see The Boy hovering by his mother's bedside.
(b) They see that A has been covered with a sheet, and they think she is dead.
(c) They see an empty bed, and they are alarmed because they don't know where A is.
(d) They see that there has been no change in A's condition.
12. When did A/B decide to have an affair?
(a) While B's husband was hospitalized.
(b) After B found out her husband was cheating on her.
(c) After The Boy was born.
(d) After B discovered her husband had an STD.
13. According to Act 2, Part 2, why do men cheat?
(a) Because they need variety.
(b) Because their significant other isn't fulfilling their needs.
(c) Because they are lonely.
(d) Because they are men.
14. What does C ask A and B regarding A's accident?
(a) Whether they got to shoot the horse.
(b) If the medical bills were very high.
(c) If they got any money out of it.
(d) Who took care of A's son while she was bedridden.
15. How does A respond to what C says to her in Act 2, Part 4?
(a) A throws C out of her hospital room.
(b) A "denies" B, C, and her son.
(c) A hugs C.
(d) A ignores C.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does A struggle to remember about her father in Act 2, Part 2?
2. According to A, how long has she been alone, since her husband died?
3. How many times did C have sex with the young man she describes in Act 2, Part 1?
4. What does C ask A and B about bitterness in Act 2, Part 4?
5. B says that they were married for how long, "more or less"?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)