|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old will C be, according to B, when she meets her husband?
2. Which of the following was NOT a characteristic of B's husband, according to B's description of him in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) He loved children.
(b) He made her laugh.
(c) He was a good dancer.
(d) He liked tall women.
3. How does A respond to what C says to her in Act 2, Part 4?
(a) A hugs C.
(b) A throws C out of her hospital room.
(c) A ignores C.
(d) A "denies" B, C, and her son.
4. What does A remember about flirting at work when she was younger?
(a) It was uncomfortable.
(b) It wasn't often.
(c) It was innocent.
(d) It was calculated.
5. How does C feel about jewelry?
(a) Jewelry is just a trapping of wealth, and she can do without it.
(b) She enjoys jewelry but would prefer clothes.
(c) She hates it because she never had any.
(d) Being given jewelry means that she is valued.
6. In Act 2, Part 1, what does A tell C she should do?
(a) Grow up.
(b) Stay single.
(c) Hire a lawyer.
(d) Write a will.
7. How did A's mother-in-law feel about her?
(a) She liked A very much.
(b) A did not have a mother-in-law.
(c) She didn't like A.
(d) She was always distant, and A couldn't tell if she liked her or not.
8. What does A struggle to remember about her father in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) What he looked like.
(b) How he died.
(c) What song he used to sing to her.
(d) What his voice sounded like.
9. Why does C sit down to write in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) To provide for her loved ones after her death.
(b) To ensure that her heirlooms go to the right people.
(c) To avoid the drawn-out, painful deterioration A has faced.
(d) To ensure that her family doesn't fight over her possessions after she dies.
10. B tells C that she will meet her husband in how many years?
11. Who did A/B have an affair with?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A movie star.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A groom.
12. According to A, how old was A's husband when he died?
13. Why did A's son come to see her for the first time after leaving?
(a) A had a heart attack.
(b) The son needed a place to stay.
(c) A's husband died.
(d) A was terminally ill.
14. According to A, what is possible in the final moment of life?
(a) It is possible to conquer a fear of death.
(b) It is possible to stop.
(c) It is possible to forgive those who have hurt her.
(d) It is possible to reconcile with B and C.
15. Who is the man that C describes near the end of Act 2, Part 1?
(a) Sis's boyfriend.
(b) Her estranged brother.
(c) The man who paid for her schooling.
(d) The man who took her virginity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is B's response to C's concern at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
2. What does A want to celebrate in Act 2, Part 4?
3. What does C say about her mother in Act 2, Part 1?
4. How did C and Sis make a living, according to C?
5. What does C ask A and B regarding A's accident?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)