|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the son carrying as he walked in, in A's premonition?
(a) A baby.
(d) A teddy bear.
2. How did A kill time while she was bedridden after breaking her back?
(b) Wondering where her son was.
(c) Writing a book.
(d) Wondering who her husband was having sex with.
3. What is C unable to remember in Act 2, Part 4?
(a) The emotions associated with good and bad times.
(b) The emotions associated with her childhood.
(c) The emotions associated with her son's birth.
(d) The emotions associated with her marriage.
4. What are A and B's reactions to what C says about how she and Sis made a living?
(a) B doesn't want people to know about it, but A says it was fun.
(b) B is confused, because she doesn't remember doing any of the things C describes, but A does, and misses doing it.
(c) B thought it was fun, but A is embarrassed.
(d) Both A and B remain quiet and contemplative while C tells her story.
5. What happened to A's mother as she got older?
(a) Her health declined rapidly.
(b) She lost touch with both of her daughters.
(c) She became more understanding and compassionate.
(d) She got nasty and lonely.
6. According to B, what is the best time of life?
(b) Old age.
(d) Middle age.
7. What metaphor does B use for middle age?
(a) Crossing a bridge.
(b) Standing on the peak of a mountain.
(c) Standing in a forest.
(d) The middle of the day.
8. How did A break her back?
(a) She was beaten.
(b) She fell out of a window.
(c) She was thrown off of a horse.
(d) She was in a car accident.
9. Why does C sit down to write in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) To avoid the drawn-out, painful deterioration A has faced.
(b) To provide for her loved ones after her death.
(c) To ensure that her family doesn't fight over her possessions after she dies.
(d) To ensure that her heirlooms go to the right people.
10. What does C ask A and B regarding A's accident?
(a) Whether they got to shoot the horse.
(b) If the medical bills were very high.
(c) If they got any money out of it.
(d) Who took care of A's son while she was bedridden.
11. Who is the son suddenly able to hear and see at the beginning of Act 2, Part 4?
(c) A, in her bed.
12. According to A and B's conversation at the end of Act 2, Part 2, what made A's father-in-law happy?
(a) Having lots of money.
(d) Having a grandson.
13. B says that they were married for how long, "more or less"?
(a) Forty years.
(b) Thirty years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Fifty years.
14. According to A, what is possible in the final moment of life?
(a) It is possible to stop.
(b) It is possible to reconcile with B and C.
(c) It is possible to forgive those who have hurt her.
(d) It is possible to conquer a fear of death.
15. Why did A's son come to see her for the first time after leaving?
(a) A had a heart attack.
(b) The son needed a place to stay.
(c) A was terminally ill.
(d) A's husband died.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did C and Sis make a living, according to C?
2. What do B and C see when they walk in at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
3. What did A do with most of her jewelry?
4. What happened to B's son in school?
5. What does A remember most vividly about her son holding her hand in her premonition?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)