|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is A able to see herself and her life in Act 2, Part 4?
(a) With emotion.
(b) In limited detail.
(c) With broken memories.
2. What does B tell A about their father?
(a) He molested Sis.
(b) He cheated on their mother.
(c) He had a heart attack.
(d) He was very tall.
3. What is B's response to C's concern at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
(a) B tells C not to worry, that A will be fine.
(b) B talks about the various ways in which death can come to anyone.
(c) B tells C that she doesn't need to worry about dying alone because she has a large family.
(d) B tells C that as long as she doesn't grow old and bitter, she will not die alone.
4. What are A and B's reactions to what C says about how she and Sis made a living?
(a) B doesn't want people to know about it, but A says it was fun.
(b) B thought it was fun, but A is embarrassed.
(c) B is confused, because she doesn't remember doing any of the things C describes, but A does, and misses doing it.
(d) Both A and B remain quiet and contemplative while C tells her story.
5. Who is the man that C describes near the end of Act 2, Part 1?
(a) The man who paid for her schooling.
(b) The man who took her virginity.
(c) Her estranged brother.
(d) Sis's boyfriend.
6. A's son came to see her how many years after he left?
7. What word does B use to describe her son in Act 2, Part 3?
8. In A's premonition, who was with her when she died?
(a) Her son.
(b) The servants.
(c) The servants and her son.
(d) No one.
9. How did A break her back?
(a) She was in a car accident.
(b) She fell out of a window.
(c) She was beaten.
(d) She was thrown off of a horse.
10. Which of the following was NOT a characteristic of B's husband, according to B's description of him in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) He made her laugh.
(b) He was a good dancer.
(c) He liked tall women.
(d) He loved children.
11. C wonders, in Act 2, Part 4, if what ended with her?
(a) Her family's wealth.
(c) The happy times.
(d) Youthful vigor.
12. How does C describe the young man who took her virginity?
(a) He was the same height as her and very handsome.
(b) He was short but very handsome.
(c) He wasn't handsome, but he was very nice.
(d) He was taller than her but kind of homely.
13. What does C protest she doesn't want to hear about in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) A's illness and its symptoms.
(b) A's talk of death and sorrow.
(c) A's argument with her son.
(d) B's talk of disillusionment and immaturity.
14. How many times did C have sex with the young man she describes in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) Several times.
(b) Only once.
(d) She doesn't remember.
15. What does C say about A and B in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) A and B are both nasty and selfish.
(b) She doesn't want to be around A and B any more.
(c) She will help B to care for A.
(d) She will not grow up like either of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the best moment of life according to A?
2. According to A, how long has she been alone, since her husband died?
3. What does A want to celebrate in Act 2, Part 4?
4. According to A and B's conversation at the end of Act 2, Part 2, what made A's father-in-law happy?
5. B tells C that she will meet her husband in how many years?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)