|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does B tell C about A's use of racial slurs?
(a) A had bad experiences with some people that led her to become prejudiced.
(b) A is not prejudiced against all people, only some.
(c) They are just the words A learned to use, and they don't really mean anything.
(d) A doesn't really know what she's saying because she's too old to realize it.
2. What was A's response to her husband's request when he presented the bracelet?
(a) She reluctantly did what he asked.
(b) She insisted that she could never "do that."
(c) She quickly agreed, because she was curious.
(d) She objected but then changed her mind.
3. When did the incident with the bracelet occur between A and her husband?
(a) When her husband came home from work.
(b) On Christmas Eve.
(c) After they came home from a party.
(d) After a riding show.
4. What was A's husband doing when he injured his shoulder?
(a) Drinking at a bar.
(c) Playing sports.
(d) Painting the house.
5. What happened as a result of the doctors' recommended treatment for A's husband's shoulder?
(a) He died.
(b) The arms had to be amputated.
(c) The shoulder healed, but he couldn't use his arm much.
(d) The shoulder healed, and only the scars remained.
6. What does A's son sometimes bring when he comes to visit?
(a) New clothes.
(c) Chocolates and flowers.
7. Who told A they would not come to see her if she continued to use words like "wop"?
(a) The housekeeper.
(d) The boy.
8. Whose arm is broken in Act 1, Part 1?
(b) The boy's.
9. Why does C think A is saying she is 91?
(a) She is too vain to admit she is 92.
(b) She has forgotten that her birthday already passed.
(c) She has forgotten what year it is.
(d) She has forgotten when she was born.
10. How did A get rich?
(a) She married a rich man.
(b) She inherited a small fortune.
(c) She was an actress.
(d) She invested wisely.
11. What expression does A use that B laughs at?
(b) "Silly goose."
(c) "Get fresh."
(d) "Tonic water."
12. What happens to A at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
(a) She has a stroke.
(b) She tries to commit suicide.
(c) She falls down and gets a concussion.
(d) She has a heart attack.
13. Who is sitting at the desk at the beginning of Act 1?
(b) The Boy.
14. Why does A start crying in act 1, part 3?
(a) Because she has shrunk.
(b) Because she knows she is dying.
(c) Because she isn't pretty anymore.
(d) Because Sis is dead.
15. What did A's husband often buy her?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does A think her son loves more than her?
2. Who is sitting on the bench, at the foot of the bed, at the beginning of Act 1?
3. How did A's husband react to A's response to his request when he presented the bracelet?
4. Why is C in the house with A and B?
5. What did A and Sis share when they lived in the city?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)