|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does A's lawyer want to do?
(a) Get B out of A's house.
(b) Help her with her finances.
(c) Sue her son.
(d) Repossess her home.
2. Why is C in the house with A and B?
(a) She is A's estranged daughter.
(b) She is A's granddaughter.
(c) She is a representative of A's lawyers.
(d) She is a live-in nurse.
3. Who is onstage at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
(a) The boy.
4. How does C respond to A's situation at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
(a) She leaves to call A's son.
(b) She calls the doctor.
(c) She cries.
(d) She begins to panic.
5. What does A say to C at the end of Act 1, Part 2?
(a) A tells C that she is too young to understand A's stories.
(b) A tells C to get out of her house.
(c) A tells C that she should live so that she doesn't have any regrets when she is as old as A.
(d) A tells C not to get fresh.
6. What does A ask at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Whether it is the day "he" comes.
(b) Where C has gone.
(c) How many more days until her birthday.
(d) Where she left her glasses.
7. Who is B?
(a) A young woman.
(b) A middle-aged woman.
(c) A little girl.
(d) An old woman.
8. How did the bracelet incident change the way A felt about jewelry?
(a) She began to cry anytime she saw a bracelet.
(b) She began to feel that everything her jewelry represented was fake.
(c) She still enjoyed jewelry, but never wanted another bracelet.
(d) She began to hate jewelry, and didn't want to receive it any more.
9. What did A lie about to impress her future husband?
(a) Her health.
(b) Her past relationships.
(c) Her ability to ride horses.
(d) Her family's wealth.
10. How does C feel about A and B in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) C likes A, but feels that B is always picking on her.
(b) C gets along well with both A and B.
(c) C feels that they are ganging up on her.
(d) C likes B, but feels that A is always picking on her.
11. Who had a glass eye?
(b) A's husband.
12. A says in Act 1, Part 2 that she learned lessons about people from whom?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her son.
13. What does A think her son loves more than her?
(c) His wife.
(d) His work.
14. What does A have a tantrum about in Act 1, Part 4?
(a) She wants her son to visit.
(b) She wants B and C to be more compassionate.
(c) Her arm hurts.
(d) She doesn't want to get old.
15. Why was A jealous of Sis?
(a) She was much prettier than A.
(b) She used to win all sorts of awards.
(c) She was able to go to college.
(d) She was younger, smarter, and had more boyfriends.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do B and C know that A is still alive?
2. What makes A cry in Act 1, Part 2?
3. Who is sitting in the chair at the beginning of Act 1?
4. Why does A feel that she always had to be strong?
5. Who reacts negatively to the racism in A's remarks?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)