|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does A say about Sis in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) She drank.
(b) She was promiscuous.
(c) She had an abortion.
(d) She was murdered.
2. C tells B that she is not good at what?
(b) Giving advice.
3. Who does A refer to as "a real smart little Jew?"
(a) Her husband.
(c) The boy.
4. What did the doctors tell A to do for her husband's infected shoulder?
(a) They told her to bring him to a witch doctor.
(b) They told her to use leeches to drain some of the infected blood.
(c) They told her to use maggots to eat the dead tissue.
(d) They told her to bring him to the desert to bake out the infection.
5. According to C, why are B and C not as excited about the movie star as A is?
(a) They are too young to recognize his name.
(b) They are Democrats.
(c) They didn't like his movies.
(d) They don't go to the movies.
6. What does A ask at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
(a) How many more days until her birthday.
(b) Whether it is the day "he" comes.
(c) Where she left her glasses.
(d) Where C has gone.
7. Why does A complain about B in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) A complains that B is a terrible cook.
(b) A complains that B talks too much.
(c) A complains that B is rude to her.
(d) A complains that B is hurting her.
8. Who is sitting in the chair at the beginning of Act 1?
(a) The Boy.
9. Where did A learn the expression that B laughs at?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her sister.
10. What did A's husband often buy her?
11. How does B respond to A's situation at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
(a) She tells C to call the doctor.
(b) She pulls a sheet over A's face.
(c) She leaves to call the doctor.
(d) She gives A CPR.
12. What was A's response to her husband's request when he presented the bracelet?
(a) She quickly agreed, because she was curious.
(b) She reluctantly did what he asked.
(c) She objected but then changed her mind.
(d) She insisted that she could never "do that."
13. What are A's favorite gemstones?
(a) Rubies and pearls.
(b) Diamonds and rubies.
(c) Diamonds and pearls.
(d) Emeralds and sapphires.
14. What does A have a tantrum about in Act 1, Part 4?
(a) She wants B and C to be more compassionate.
(b) Her arm hurts.
(c) She doesn't want to get old.
(d) She wants her son to visit.
15. What does A's lawyer want to do?
(a) Sue her son.
(b) Repossess her home.
(c) Help her with her finances.
(d) Get B out of A's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were A's favorite pieces of jewelry?
2. What was A's husband doing when he injured his shoulder?
3. Who had a glass eye?
4. What did A lie about to impress her future husband?
5. Why does A feel that she always had to be strong?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)