|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does C think A is saying she is 91?
(a) She has forgotten what year it is.
(b) She has forgotten that her birthday already passed.
(c) She is too vain to admit she is 92.
(d) She has forgotten when she was born.
2. Who is sitting at the desk at the beginning of Act 1?
(d) The Boy.
3. A reveals in Act 1, Part 2 that who had an affair?
(a) Sis's husband.
(c) A's husband.
4. What was A's husband doing when he injured his shoulder?
(a) Drinking at a bar.
(b) Painting the house.
(d) Playing sports.
5. How does B respond to A's situation at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
(a) She tells C to call the doctor.
(b) She leaves to call the doctor.
(c) She gives A CPR.
(d) She pulls a sheet over A's face.
6. What did the doctors tell A to do for her husband's infected shoulder?
(a) They told her to use maggots to eat the dead tissue.
(b) They told her to use leeches to drain some of the infected blood.
(c) They told her to bring him to a witch doctor.
(d) They told her to bring him to the desert to bake out the infection.
7. What does A's son sometimes bring when he comes to visit?
(b) Chocolates and flowers.
(c) New clothes.
8. What did A lie about to impress her future husband?
(a) Her ability to ride horses.
(b) Her family's wealth.
(c) Her health.
(d) Her past relationships.
9. What makes A cry in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) B and C's bickering.
(b) A confused memory about her parents.
(c) A harsh comment from B.
(d) A memory of her husband.
10. What does C say to B about getting older, in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Getting older only adds to a person's dignity.
(b) She looks forward to getting older.
(c) She wants to die before she gets old.
(d) It must be awful to get old and lose control.
11. Why does A start crying in act 1, part 3?
(a) Because she isn't pretty anymore.
(b) Because Sis is dead.
(c) Because she has shrunk.
(d) Because she knows she is dying.
12. What did A win prizes for after her marriage?
(a) Beauty pageants.
(b) Her artwork.
(c) Her writing.
13. What does A's lawyer want to do?
(a) Repossess her home.
(b) Get B out of A's house.
(c) Sue her son.
(d) Help her with her finances.
14. What does A think her son loves more than her?
(b) His work.
(c) His wife.
15. What advice does B give C about getting older in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) B tells C to save her money so she can live in a nice rest home.
(b) B tells C to live her life so she won't have any regrets when she is older.
(c) B tells C to make the most of the time she has left.
(d) B tells C to relax because getting old is inevitable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does B tell C about empathy?
2. Why is C in the house with A and B?
3. How does A think her son feels about her?
4. According to A, who took advantage of Sis?
5. What does A say about Sis in Act 1, Part 2?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)