|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the doctors tell A to do for her husband's infected shoulder?
(a) They told her to bring him to the desert to bake out the infection.
(b) They told her to bring him to a witch doctor.
(c) They told her to use leeches to drain some of the infected blood.
(d) They told her to use maggots to eat the dead tissue.
2. C tells B that she is not good at what?
(a) Giving advice.
3. What happens to A at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
(a) She tries to commit suicide.
(b) She has a stroke.
(c) She has a heart attack.
(d) She falls down and gets a concussion.
4. What does A's lawyer want to do?
(a) Sue her son.
(b) Repossess her home.
(c) Help her with her finances.
(d) Get B out of A's house.
5. Why does A start crying in act 1, part 3?
(a) Because she knows she is dying.
(b) Because she has shrunk.
(c) Because she isn't pretty anymore.
(d) Because Sis is dead.
6. What does B tell C about A's use of racial slurs?
(a) A doesn't really know what she's saying because she's too old to realize it.
(b) A had bad experiences with some people that led her to become prejudiced.
(c) A is not prejudiced against all people, only some.
(d) They are just the words A learned to use, and they don't really mean anything.
7. What does B tell C about empathy?
(a) That C will be old soon enough and won't have to imagine what it's like.
(b) That empathy is an unnecessary emotion.
(c) That she should be more empathetic so that people will be empathetic with her when she is old.
(d) That having too much empathy can be bad for a person.
8. What does A ask at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Whether it is the day "he" comes.
(b) Where C has gone.
(c) Where she left her glasses.
(d) How many more days until her birthday.
9. Why does the bracelet incident affect A so deeply?
(a) Her son was present when it happened.
(b) It leaves physical scars on her that make it hard for her to forget the incident.
(c) It was the event that precipitated her divorce.
(d) It ends her joy in sex.
10. What happened as a result of the doctors' recommended treatment for A's husband's shoulder?
(a) The arms had to be amputated.
(b) The shoulder healed, but he couldn't use his arm much.
(c) He died.
(d) The shoulder healed, and only the scars remained.
11. Whose arm is broken in Act 1, Part 1?
(c) The boy's.
12. Who had a glass eye?
(b) A's husband.
13. A was friends with people of many races and ethnicities, except which?
(a) "Colored" people.
(b) Italian people.
(c) Jewish people.
(d) Native Americans.
14. What do A and B tease C about?
(a) Being a snob.
(b) Being too uptight.
(c) Not having a sense of humor.
(d) Not paying attention.
15. Why does A begin to cry in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Because of the pain in her arm.
(b) Because of the way C speaks to her.
(c) Because she can't use the bathroom by herself.
(d) Because she cannot remember her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comment does B make to C, regarding A's bathroom habits?
2. A thinks that all of her staff do what?
3. According to A, who took advantage of Sis?
4. What did A's husband often buy her?
5. Who helps A into the bathroom?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)