|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does B respond to A's situation at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
(a) She tells C to call the doctor.
(b) She pulls a sheet over A's face.
(c) She leaves to call the doctor.
(d) She gives A CPR.
2. What does A talk about at the end of Act 1, Part 3?
(a) Her son.
(b) Sis's first marriage.
(c) Her friends' deaths.
(d) Her husband.
3. What was A's husband doing when he injured his shoulder?
(a) Painting the house.
(b) Playing sports.
(c) Drinking at a bar.
4. What did A win prizes for after her marriage?
(a) Her writing.
(c) Her artwork.
(d) Beauty pageants.
5. What does B say about A's friends being dead?
(a) B wonders how A outlived all of them.
(b) She didn't like most of them anyway.
(c) She's glad because they were a bad influence on A.
(d) A should make more friends so she won't be lonely.
6. What does B say about children in act 1, part 1?
(a) That they should be taught from the time they are six that they are on the way to death.
(b) That they should be taught that death is a blessing.
(c) That they should not be told about death so that they won't worry about it.
(d) That they should experience the death of someone close as early as possible.
7. A reveals in Act 1, Part 2 that who had an affair?
(c) Sis's husband.
(d) A's husband.
8. Who is C?
(a) A little girl.
(b) An old woman.
(c) A middle-aged woman.
(d) A young woman.
9. What was A's response to her husband's request when he presented the bracelet?
(a) She reluctantly did what he asked.
(b) She insisted that she could never "do that."
(c) She objected but then changed her mind.
(d) She quickly agreed, because she was curious.
10. What does B tell C about empathy?
(a) That having too much empathy can be bad for a person.
(b) That empathy is an unnecessary emotion.
(c) That she should be more empathetic so that people will be empathetic with her when she is old.
(d) That C will be old soon enough and won't have to imagine what it's like.
11. How does C feel about A and B in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) C likes A, but feels that B is always picking on her.
(b) C gets along well with both A and B.
(c) C feels that they are ganging up on her.
(d) C likes B, but feels that A is always picking on her.
12. Why does A feel that she always had to be strong?
(a) Because she didn't have anyone to depend on.
(b) Because no one else was.
(c) Because she didn't have faith in anyone but herself.
(d) Because she had so much misfortune in her life.
13. Who told A they would not come to see her if she continued to use words like "wop"?
(b) The housekeeper.
(d) The boy.
14. When did the incident with the bracelet occur between A and her husband?
(a) When her husband came home from work.
(b) After they came home from a party.
(c) After a riding show.
(d) On Christmas Eve.
15. According to A, who took advantage of Sis?
(a) A's boyfriend.
(b) Her first husband's family.
(c) Her friends.
(d) Her college professor.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to A, Sis and her mother hated what part of A's personality?
2. Who is sitting on the bench, at the foot of the bed, at the beginning of Act 1?
3. What did A's husband often buy her?
4. Who was A taller than?
5. How did A's husband react to A's response to his request when he presented the bracelet?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)