|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does A's son sometimes bring when he comes to visit?
(a) Chocolates and flowers.
(b) New clothes.
2. Why do the doctors want to amputate A's arm?
(a) Because she has an infected wound on her wrist.
(b) Because she fell and broke it, and it isn't healing.
(c) Because she has poor circulation.
(d) Because she has gangrene in her fingers.
3. Why does B get irritated with C in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) C is immature.
(b) C makes A cry.
(c) C doesn't do enough housework.
(d) C doesn't help A to the bathroom.
4. What were A's favorite pieces of jewelry?
5. How does B respond to A's tantrum in Act 1, Part 4?
(a) B ignores A until she stops.
(b) B helps A get into bed.
(c) B tries to reason with A.
(d) B gives A a sedative.
6. What comment does B make to C, regarding A's bathroom habits?
(a) Just when B gets A in her chair, A has to go.
(b) A should be able to get to the bathroom by herself.
(c) A should be using a bedpan at night.
(d) A takes too long in the bathroom, and B can never use it.
7. What did A's husband often buy her?
8. Why does the glass get broken in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) B and C engage in a fistfight.
(b) A falls while in the bathroom.
(c) The boy comes home drunk.
(d) A wants to get a reaction out of B.
9. What happens to A at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
(a) She tries to commit suicide.
(b) She falls down and gets a concussion.
(c) She has a heart attack.
(d) She has a stroke.
10. How did A's husband react to A's response to his request when he presented the bracelet?
(a) He told her to keep the bracelet, and he left the room.
(b) The left the party with another woman.
(c) He took the car, leaving A stranded at a friend's house.
(d) He left the room angrily, taking the bracelet with him.
11. What does A have a tantrum about in Act 1, Part 4?
(a) She wants her son to visit.
(b) She doesn't want to get old.
(c) Her arm hurts.
(d) She wants B and C to be more compassionate.
12. What happened as a result of the doctors' recommended treatment for A's husband's shoulder?
(a) He died.
(b) The arms had to be amputated.
(c) The shoulder healed, but he couldn't use his arm much.
(d) The shoulder healed, and only the scars remained.
13. According to A, Sis and her mother hated what part of A's personality?
(a) Her strength.
(b) Her stubbornness.
(c) Her compassion.
(d) Her adaptability.
14. What does C say about memories in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) There is no reason to remember everything that has happened to you.
(b) If you forget something, there is a reason for it.
(c) You have to talk about things so you won't forget them.
(d) There is safety and salvation in forgetting things.
15. How do B and C know that A is still alive?
(a) Her eyelids are moving.
(b) She is breathing.
(c) She is conscious.
(d) She has a pulse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps A into the bathroom?
2. What happened to A's husband's shoulder?
3. Who is sitting on the bench, at the foot of the bed, at the beginning of Act 1?
4. What does A's lawyer want to do?
5. How do B and C react when A cries?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)