|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A was friends with people of many races and ethnicities, except which?
(a) Jewish people.
(b) Italian people.
(c) Native Americans.
(d) "Colored" people.
2. Who was A taller than?
(b) Her husband.
3. What does A say to C at the end of Act 1, Part 2?
(a) A tells C that she should live so that she doesn't have any regrets when she is as old as A.
(b) A tells C that she is too young to understand A's stories.
(c) A tells C not to get fresh.
(d) A tells C to get out of her house.
4. In Act 1, Part 1, A says that she is how many years older than "he" is?
5. How does C respond to A's situation at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
(a) She cries.
(b) She leaves to call A's son.
(c) She begins to panic.
(d) She calls the doctor.
6. What happened as a result of the doctors' recommended treatment for A's husband's shoulder?
(a) The arms had to be amputated.
(b) The shoulder healed, and only the scars remained.
(c) He died.
(d) The shoulder healed, but he couldn't use his arm much.
7. How do B and C know that A is still alive?
(a) Her eyelids are moving.
(b) She is conscious.
(c) She is breathing.
(d) She has a pulse.
8. According to A, who took advantage of Sis?
(a) A's boyfriend.
(b) Her friends.
(c) Her college professor.
(d) Her first husband's family.
9. What advice does B give C about getting older in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) B tells C to save her money so she can live in a nice rest home.
(b) B tells C to relax because getting old is inevitable.
(c) B tells C to live her life so she won't have any regrets when she is older.
(d) B tells C to make the most of the time she has left.
10. How did the bracelet incident change the way A felt about jewelry?
(a) She began to hate jewelry, and didn't want to receive it any more.
(b) She began to feel that everything her jewelry represented was fake.
(c) She still enjoyed jewelry, but never wanted another bracelet.
(d) She began to cry anytime she saw a bracelet.
11. What does A say about the boys she used to dance with?
(a) She only liked to dance with rich boys.
(b) They only wanted to take advantage of her.
(c) Some of them were "fairies".
(d) They only danced with her if Sis was already occupied.
12. Where did A learn the expression that B laughs at?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her grandmother.
13. How did A feel about being tall when she was younger?
(a) She hated it.
(b) She liked it.
(c) She both liked and hated it.
(d) She never really cared either way.
14. How old does A think she is?
15. What does B say about children in act 1, part 1?
(a) That they should experience the death of someone close as early as possible.
(b) That they should be taught that death is a blessing.
(c) That they should be taught from the time they are six that they are on the way to death.
(d) That they should not be told about death so that they won't worry about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the only "colored" people that A knew?
2. How does A think her son feels about her?
3. Who is onstage at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
4. Why does A complain about B in Act 1, Part 1?
5. A thinks that all of her staff do what?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)