|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A was friends with people of many races and ethnicities, except which?
(a) Native Americans.
(b) Italian people.
(c) "Colored" people.
(d) Jewish people.
2. Who does A refer to as "a real smart little Jew?"
(a) Her husband.
(d) The boy.
3. How does B try to reassure A when she cries in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) B tells A that what she can't remember is still there, she just can't access it all the time.
(b) B tells A that she isn't going to die alone, that B and C will be there.
(c) B tells A that she will help her get her affairs in order.
(d) B tells A that her son still loves her, he's just too busy to visit a lot of the time.
4. Who is sitting at the desk at the beginning of Act 1?
(d) The Boy.
5. Who is B?
(a) An old woman.
(b) A middle-aged woman.
(c) A young woman.
(d) A little girl.
6. Why is C in the house with A and B?
(a) She is a live-in nurse.
(b) She is a representative of A's lawyers.
(c) She is A's estranged daughter.
(d) She is A's granddaughter.
7. A thinks that all of her staff do what?
(a) Deal drugs.
(b) Hold private rituals.
(c) Make fun of her behind her back.
(d) Steal from her.
8. Who were the only "colored" people that A knew?
(a) The "help."
(b) Girls she went to school with.
(c) Girls she worked with.
(d) Her neighbors.
9. What does A say about Sis in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) She was murdered.
(b) She had an abortion.
(c) She was promiscuous.
(d) She drank.
10. Who is onstage at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
(a) The boy.
11. What does A's lawyer want to do?
(a) Get B out of A's house.
(b) Sue her son.
(c) Help her with her finances.
(d) Repossess her home.
12. Why does the glass get broken in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) The boy comes home drunk.
(b) A falls while in the bathroom.
(c) B and C engage in a fistfight.
(d) A wants to get a reaction out of B.
13. How do B and C react when A cries?
(a) They try to console her.
(b) They leave the room.
(c) They tell her to stop.
(d) They wait quietly until she finishes.
14. Why does C think A is saying she is 91?
(a) She has forgotten what year it is.
(b) She has forgotten when she was born.
(c) She is too vain to admit she is 92.
(d) She has forgotten that her birthday already passed.
15. What does B tell C to do in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Be more empathetic.
(b) Grow up.
(c) Get a hobby.
(d) Go home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does B respond to A's tantrum in Act 1, Part 4?
2. A refers repeatedly to the fact that Sis did what?
3. What does A talk about at the end of Act 1, Part 3?
4. What does A say about people at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
5. What does A think her son loves more than her?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)