|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does B try to reassure A when she cries in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) B tells A that her son still loves her, he's just too busy to visit a lot of the time.
(b) B tells A that she isn't going to die alone, that B and C will be there.
(c) B tells A that what she can't remember is still there, she just can't access it all the time.
(d) B tells A that she will help her get her affairs in order.
2. What does A ask at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Where she left her glasses.
(b) Whether it is the day "he" comes.
(c) Where C has gone.
(d) How many more days until her birthday.
3. Why was A jealous of Sis?
(a) She was younger, smarter, and had more boyfriends.
(b) She was able to go to college.
(c) She was much prettier than A.
(d) She used to win all sorts of awards.
4. What comment does B make to C, regarding A's bathroom habits?
(a) A takes too long in the bathroom, and B can never use it.
(b) A should be using a bedpan at night.
(c) Just when B gets A in her chair, A has to go.
(d) A should be able to get to the bathroom by herself.
5. Who were the only "colored" people that A knew?
(a) Her neighbors.
(b) Girls she worked with.
(c) Girls she went to school with.
(d) The "help."
6. How does B respond to A's tantrum in Act 1, Part 4?
(a) B gives A a sedative.
(b) B helps A get into bed.
(c) B tries to reason with A.
(d) B ignores A until she stops.
7. What does A say about the boys she used to dance with?
(a) They only danced with her if Sis was already occupied.
(b) Some of them were "fairies".
(c) She only liked to dance with rich boys.
(d) They only wanted to take advantage of her.
8. Why does A begin to cry in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Because she can't use the bathroom by herself.
(b) Because of the way C speaks to her.
(c) Because of the pain in her arm.
(d) Because she cannot remember her husband.
9. Why does the glass get broken in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) A falls while in the bathroom.
(b) A wants to get a reaction out of B.
(c) B and C engage in a fistfight.
(d) The boy comes home drunk.
10. According to A, Sis and her mother hated what part of A's personality?
(a) Her stubbornness.
(b) Her adaptability.
(c) Her strength.
(d) Her compassion.
11. According to C, why are B and C not as excited about the movie star as A is?
(a) They didn't like his movies.
(b) They are too young to recognize his name.
(c) They don't go to the movies.
(d) They are Democrats.
12. Who is sitting at the desk at the beginning of Act 1?
(d) The Boy.
13. How do B and C know that A is still alive?
(a) She has a pulse.
(b) She is breathing.
(c) Her eyelids are moving.
(d) She is conscious.
14. What expression does A use that B laughs at?
(b) "Silly goose."
(c) "Get fresh."
(d) "Tonic water."
15. What does A say to C at the end of Act 1, Part 2?
(a) A tells C not to get fresh.
(b) A tells C to get out of her house.
(c) A tells C that she should live so that she doesn't have any regrets when she is as old as A.
(d) A tells C that she is too young to understand A's stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does A's son sometimes bring when he comes to visit?
2. What did the doctors tell A to do for her husband's infected shoulder?
3. How does B respond to A's situation at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
4. Who reacts negatively to the racism in A's remarks?
5. How does C feel about B's idea about children?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)