|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are A's favorite gemstones?
(a) Diamonds and rubies.
(b) Diamonds and pearls.
(c) Emeralds and sapphires.
(d) Rubies and pearls.
2. What happens to A at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
(a) She falls down and gets a concussion.
(b) She has a stroke.
(c) She tries to commit suicide.
(d) She has a heart attack.
3. What did A win prizes for after her marriage?
(b) Her writing.
(c) Beauty pageants.
(d) Her artwork.
4. What worries C, regarding A's bathroom habits?
(a) C worries that A will ruin her expensive antique furniture.
(b) C worries that A loses control of her bladder in the chair C is sitting in.
(c) C worries that A will lose control and embarrass herself in public.
(d) C worries that A will fall and hurt herself in the bathroom.
5. Who is A?
(a) A little girl.
(b) A middle-aged woman.
(c) A young woman.
(d) An old woman.
6. What was A's response to her husband's request when he presented the bracelet?
(a) She insisted that she could never "do that."
(b) She reluctantly did what he asked.
(c) She objected but then changed her mind.
(d) She quickly agreed, because she was curious.
7. Who is B?
(a) An old woman.
(b) A middle-aged woman.
(c) A little girl.
(d) A young woman.
8. What expression does A use that B laughs at?
(a) "Silly goose."
(b) "Tonic water."
(c) "Get fresh."
9. What does C say about memories in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) You have to talk about things so you won't forget them.
(b) There is no reason to remember everything that has happened to you.
(c) If you forget something, there is a reason for it.
(d) There is safety and salvation in forgetting things.
10. According to C, why are B and C not as excited about the movie star as A is?
(a) They are too young to recognize his name.
(b) They don't go to the movies.
(c) They didn't like his movies.
(d) They are Democrats.
11. What makes A cry in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) A harsh comment from B.
(b) B and C's bickering.
(c) A memory of her husband.
(d) A confused memory about her parents.
12. What happened to A's husband's shoulder?
(a) He dislocated it.
(b) He got into a fight and injured it.
(c) He was shot.
(d) He fell and broke it.
13. A was friends with people of many races and ethnicities, except which?
(a) Native Americans.
(b) Italian people.
(c) "Colored" people.
(d) Jewish people.
14. Whose name is A trying to remember at the end of Act 1, Part 2?
(a) The movie star she met.
(b) Her niece.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her husband's brother.
15. What do A and B tease C about?
(a) Not paying attention.
(b) Not having a sense of humor.
(c) Being too uptight.
(d) Being a snob.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was A wearing on the night that the bracelet incident occurred?
2. How old does A think she is?
3. According to A, who took advantage of Sis?
4. In Act 1, Part 1, A says that she is how many years older than "he" is?
5. What does A's son sometimes bring when he comes to visit?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)