|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was A jealous of Sis?
(a) She was much prettier than A.
(b) She was able to go to college.
(c) She was younger, smarter, and had more boyfriends.
(d) She used to win all sorts of awards.
2. Who were the only "colored" people that A knew?
(a) Her neighbors.
(b) Girls she went to school with.
(c) The "help."
(d) Girls she worked with.
3. What does A think her son loves more than her?
(b) His work.
(d) His wife.
4. What does A say to C at the end of Act 1, Part 2?
(a) A tells C to get out of her house.
(b) A tells C that she should live so that she doesn't have any regrets when she is as old as A.
(c) A tells C not to get fresh.
(d) A tells C that she is too young to understand A's stories.
5. In Act 1, Part 1, A says that she is how many years older than "he" is?
6. What does A's lawyer want to do?
(a) Sue her son.
(b) Help her with her finances.
(c) Repossess her home.
(d) Get B out of A's house.
7. How did A feel about being tall when she was younger?
(a) She liked it.
(b) She never really cared either way.
(c) She both liked and hated it.
(d) She hated it.
8. Who had a glass eye?
(c) A's husband.
9. Where did A learn the expression that B laughs at?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her mother.
10. Why does A begin to cry in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Because she cannot remember her husband.
(b) Because she can't use the bathroom by herself.
(c) Because of the way C speaks to her.
(d) Because of the pain in her arm.
11. What does B say about A's friends being dead?
(a) She's glad because they were a bad influence on A.
(b) B wonders how A outlived all of them.
(c) A should make more friends so she won't be lonely.
(d) She didn't like most of them anyway.
12. According to C, why are B and C not as excited about the movie star as A is?
(a) They are Democrats.
(b) They don't go to the movies.
(c) They didn't like his movies.
(d) They are too young to recognize his name.
13. What expression does A use that B laughs at?
(a) "Silly goose."
(b) "Tonic water."
(d) "Get fresh."
14. Why does C think A is saying she is 91?
(a) She has forgotten that her birthday already passed.
(b) She has forgotten what year it is.
(c) She is too vain to admit she is 92.
(d) She has forgotten when she was born.
15. How does B respond to A's tantrum in Act 1, Part 4?
(a) B tries to reason with A.
(b) B helps A get into bed.
(c) B ignores A until she stops.
(d) B gives A a sedative.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were A's favorite pieces of jewelry?
2. A was friends with people of many races and ethnicities, except which?
3. What does B tell C about empathy?
4. What does A have a tantrum about in Act 1, Part 4?
5. What does A ask at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)