|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had a glass eye?
(c) A's husband.
2. What does A think her son loves more than her?
(a) His wife.
(d) His work.
3. Why does C think A is saying she is 91?
(a) She has forgotten when she was born.
(b) She is too vain to admit she is 92.
(c) She has forgotten that her birthday already passed.
(d) She has forgotten what year it is.
4. What does C say about memories in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) There is safety and salvation in forgetting things.
(b) There is no reason to remember everything that has happened to you.
(c) If you forget something, there is a reason for it.
(d) You have to talk about things so you won't forget them.
5. Why does the bracelet incident affect A so deeply?
(a) It was the event that precipitated her divorce.
(b) It ends her joy in sex.
(c) It leaves physical scars on her that make it hard for her to forget the incident.
(d) Her son was present when it happened.
6. How do B and C know that A is still alive?
(a) Her eyelids are moving.
(b) She has a pulse.
(c) She is conscious.
(d) She is breathing.
7. What are A's favorite gemstones?
(a) Diamonds and pearls.
(b) Rubies and pearls.
(c) Diamonds and rubies.
(d) Emeralds and sapphires.
8. Why is C in the house with A and B?
(a) She is A's estranged daughter.
(b) She is A's granddaughter.
(c) She is a live-in nurse.
(d) She is a representative of A's lawyers.
9. Why do the doctors want to amputate A's arm?
(a) Because she fell and broke it, and it isn't healing.
(b) Because she has an infected wound on her wrist.
(c) Because she has gangrene in her fingers.
(d) Because she has poor circulation.
10. Who is A?
(a) An old woman.
(b) A middle-aged woman.
(c) A little girl.
(d) A young woman.
11. What do A and B tease C about?
(a) Being too uptight.
(b) Not paying attention.
(c) Not having a sense of humor.
(d) Being a snob.
12. Who checks to see if A is still alive at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
(a) A nurse.
(d) The boy.
13. Why does A start crying in act 1, part 3?
(a) Because she has shrunk.
(b) Because she knows she is dying.
(c) Because she isn't pretty anymore.
(d) Because Sis is dead.
14. In Act 1, Part 1, A says that she is how many years older than "he" is?
15. What does A's lawyer want to do?
(a) Help her with her finances.
(b) Sue her son.
(c) Get B out of A's house.
(d) Repossess her home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does B get irritated with C in Act 1, Part 2?
2. How old does A think she is?
3. What did A lie about to impress her future husband?
4. How does C respond to A's situation at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
5. Who does A refer to as "a real smart little Jew?"
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)