|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does A talk about at the end of Act 1, Part 3?
(a) Her friends' deaths.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Sis's first marriage.
2. Why does B get irritated with C in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) C doesn't do enough housework.
(b) C is immature.
(c) C doesn't help A to the bathroom.
(d) C makes A cry.
3. What do A and B tease C about?
(a) Being too uptight.
(b) Not having a sense of humor.
(c) Being a snob.
(d) Not paying attention.
4. Why does A start crying in act 1, part 3?
(a) Because she knows she is dying.
(b) Because Sis is dead.
(c) Because she isn't pretty anymore.
(d) Because she has shrunk.
5. What happened as a result of the doctors' recommended treatment for A's husband's shoulder?
(a) He died.
(b) The shoulder healed, and only the scars remained.
(c) The shoulder healed, but he couldn't use his arm much.
(d) The arms had to be amputated.
6. Why does A complain about B in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) A complains that B is rude to her.
(b) A complains that B is hurting her.
(c) A complains that B talks too much.
(d) A complains that B is a terrible cook.
7. Who is sitting in the chair at the beginning of Act 1?
(d) The Boy.
8. What did A do that Sis objected to?
(a) Prostituted herself.
(b) Had a child at a young age.
(c) Slept with boys.
(d) Got married instead of getting a job.
9. What does C say about memories in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) If you forget something, there is a reason for it.
(b) You have to talk about things so you won't forget them.
(c) There is no reason to remember everything that has happened to you.
(d) There is safety and salvation in forgetting things.
10. Why was A jealous of Sis?
(a) She was much prettier than A.
(b) She was able to go to college.
(c) She was younger, smarter, and had more boyfriends.
(d) She used to win all sorts of awards.
11. How old does A think she is?
12. How did A get rich?
(a) She married a rich man.
(b) She was an actress.
(c) She inherited a small fortune.
(d) She invested wisely.
13. Who is A?
(a) A middle-aged woman.
(b) A little girl.
(c) A young woman.
(d) An old woman.
14. What happened to A's husband's shoulder?
(a) He was shot.
(b) He dislocated it.
(c) He fell and broke it.
(d) He got into a fight and injured it.
15. A says in Act 1, Part 2 that she learned lessons about people from whom?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does A say to C at the end of Act 1, Part 2?
2. What did A's husband often buy her?
3. How did the bracelet incident change the way A felt about jewelry?
4. What happens to A at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
5. Who were the only "colored" people that A knew?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)