|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does B say about A's friends being dead?
(a) A should make more friends so she won't be lonely.
(b) She's glad because they were a bad influence on A.
(c) She didn't like most of them anyway.
(d) B wonders how A outlived all of them.
2. What did A do that Sis objected to?
(a) Prostituted herself.
(b) Had a child at a young age.
(c) Slept with boys.
(d) Got married instead of getting a job.
3. Who is onstage at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
(d) The boy.
4. What was A's response to her husband's request when he presented the bracelet?
(a) She quickly agreed, because she was curious.
(b) She reluctantly did what he asked.
(c) She objected but then changed her mind.
(d) She insisted that she could never "do that."
5. A refers repeatedly to the fact that Sis did what?
(c) Dated girls.
(d) Had an abortion.
6. How does C feel about B's idea about children?
(a) C says nothing but cries quietly.
(b) C enthusiastically agrees with B.
(c) C reluctantly agrees with B.
(d) C says that it is an awful idea.
7. What does A say about Sis in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) She drank.
(b) She was murdered.
(c) She had an abortion.
(d) She was promiscuous.
8. What did A and Sis share when they lived in the city?
(a) A car.
(b) An apartment.
(c) A wardrobe.
(d) A house.
9. Who is sitting on the bench, at the foot of the bed, at the beginning of Act 1?
(c) The Boy.
10. Why did Sis have to be forced into marriage?
(a) She didn't want to have any children.
(b) She didn't want to marry the man her mother wanted her to marry.
(c) She didn't like men, or sex, very much.
(d) She wanted to be independent and stay single.
11. What did the doctors tell A to do for her husband's infected shoulder?
(a) They told her to use maggots to eat the dead tissue.
(b) They told her to bring him to the desert to bake out the infection.
(c) They told her to bring him to a witch doctor.
(d) They told her to use leeches to drain some of the infected blood.
12. What does A talk about at the end of Act 1, Part 3?
(a) Sis's first marriage.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her friends' deaths.
(d) Her husband.
13. Why does A begin to cry in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Because of the pain in her arm.
(b) Because of the way C speaks to her.
(c) Because she can't use the bathroom by herself.
(d) Because she cannot remember her husband.
14. What advice does B give C about getting older in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) B tells C to relax because getting old is inevitable.
(b) B tells C to live her life so she won't have any regrets when she is older.
(c) B tells C to make the most of the time she has left.
(d) B tells C to save her money so she can live in a nice rest home.
15. What does A say to C at the end of Act 1, Part 2?
(a) A tells C that she is too young to understand A's stories.
(b) A tells C to get out of her house.
(c) A tells C not to get fresh.
(d) A tells C that she should live so that she doesn't have any regrets when she is as old as A.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does B tell C about A's use of racial slurs?
2. How did A feel about being tall when she was younger?
3. How did A's husband react to A's response to his request when he presented the bracelet?
4. Who is sitting in the chair at the beginning of Act 1?
5. Why is C in the house with A and B?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)