|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does A refer to as "a real smart little Jew?"
(c) Her husband.
(d) The boy.
2. A says in Act 1, Part 2 that she learned lessons about people from whom?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her son.
3. Why does A start crying in act 1, part 3?
(a) Because Sis is dead.
(b) Because she isn't pretty anymore.
(c) Because she has shrunk.
(d) Because she knows she is dying.
4. What does B say about A's friends being dead?
(a) She didn't like most of them anyway.
(b) A should make more friends so she won't be lonely.
(c) B wonders how A outlived all of them.
(d) She's glad because they were a bad influence on A.
5. C tells B that she is not good at what?
(d) Giving advice.
6. According to A, who took advantage of Sis?
(a) Her college professor.
(b) Her first husband's family.
(c) A's boyfriend.
(d) Her friends.
7. What do A and B tease C about?
(a) Not paying attention.
(b) Being a snob.
(c) Being too uptight.
(d) Not having a sense of humor.
8. Why does A begin to cry in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Because she can't use the bathroom by herself.
(b) Because she cannot remember her husband.
(c) Because of the pain in her arm.
(d) Because of the way C speaks to her.
9. According to C, why are B and C not as excited about the movie star as A is?
(a) They don't go to the movies.
(b) They didn't like his movies.
(c) They are Democrats.
(d) They are too young to recognize his name.
10. How do B and C know that A is still alive?
(a) She is breathing.
(b) She has a pulse.
(c) Her eyelids are moving.
(d) She is conscious.
11. What does A's son sometimes bring when he comes to visit?
(b) Chocolates and flowers.
(c) New clothes.
12. What does A say about the boys she used to dance with?
(a) She only liked to dance with rich boys.
(b) They only wanted to take advantage of her.
(c) Some of them were "fairies".
(d) They only danced with her if Sis was already occupied.
13. How does B try to reassure A when she cries in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) B tells A that her son still loves her, he's just too busy to visit a lot of the time.
(b) B tells A that she isn't going to die alone, that B and C will be there.
(c) B tells A that what she can't remember is still there, she just can't access it all the time.
(d) B tells A that she will help her get her affairs in order.
14. What does A say about Sis in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) She was promiscuous.
(b) She drank.
(c) She was murdered.
(d) She had an abortion.
15. How old does A think she is?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reacts negatively to the racism in A's remarks?
2. In Act 1, Part 1, A says that she is how many years older than "he" is?
3. How does C feel about B's idea about children?
4. What was A's response to her husband's request when he presented the bracelet?
5. How does C feel about A and B in Act 1, Part 1?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)