|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does A's lawyer want to do?
(a) Repossess her home.
(b) Sue her son.
(c) Get B out of A's house.
(d) Help her with her finances.
2. How did A feel about being tall when she was younger?
(a) She both liked and hated it.
(b) She hated it.
(c) She never really cared either way.
(d) She liked it.
3. What did A do that Sis objected to?
(a) Had a child at a young age.
(b) Slept with boys.
(c) Prostituted herself.
(d) Got married instead of getting a job.
4. Who is A?
(a) An old woman.
(b) A young woman.
(c) A little girl.
(d) A middle-aged woman.
5. Why does the bracelet incident affect A so deeply?
(a) Her son was present when it happened.
(b) It ends her joy in sex.
(c) It was the event that precipitated her divorce.
(d) It leaves physical scars on her that make it hard for her to forget the incident.
6. How does B try to reassure A when she cries in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) B tells A that her son still loves her, he's just too busy to visit a lot of the time.
(b) B tells A that she isn't going to die alone, that B and C will be there.
(c) B tells A that what she can't remember is still there, she just can't access it all the time.
(d) B tells A that she will help her get her affairs in order.
7. Why did Sis have to be forced into marriage?
(a) She didn't want to have any children.
(b) She wanted to be independent and stay single.
(c) She didn't like men, or sex, very much.
(d) She didn't want to marry the man her mother wanted her to marry.
8. A thinks that all of her staff do what?
(a) Deal drugs.
(b) Hold private rituals.
(c) Make fun of her behind her back.
(d) Steal from her.
9. What does A say about people at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
(a) People's intentions are often better than their actions.
(b) Everybody wants something.
(c) No one is ever completely honest.
(d) People often hide their fears.
10. Who had a glass eye?
(c) A's husband.
11. Why does B get irritated with C in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) C doesn't help A to the bathroom.
(b) C makes A cry.
(c) C doesn't do enough housework.
(d) C is immature.
12. Who is sitting on the bench, at the foot of the bed, at the beginning of Act 1?
(b) The Boy.
13. Why does A begin to cry in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Because of the way C speaks to her.
(b) Because she cannot remember her husband.
(c) Because she can't use the bathroom by herself.
(d) Because of the pain in her arm.
14. What happened as a result of the doctors' recommended treatment for A's husband's shoulder?
(a) The shoulder healed, but he couldn't use his arm much.
(b) The arms had to be amputated.
(c) He died.
(d) The shoulder healed, and only the scars remained.
15. Who is sitting at the desk at the beginning of Act 1?
(d) The Boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are A's favorite gemstones?
2. How does C respond to A's situation at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
3. What was A wearing on the night that the bracelet incident occurred?
4. What does A say about Sis in Act 1, Part 2?
5. Why does A start crying in act 1, part 3?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)