|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old does A think she is?
2. Why does A feel that she always had to be strong?
(a) Because she didn't have anyone to depend on.
(b) Because she had so much misfortune in her life.
(c) Because no one else was.
(d) Because she didn't have faith in anyone but herself.
3. Who is sitting on the bench, at the foot of the bed, at the beginning of Act 1?
(a) The Boy.
4. What does A say about people at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Everybody wants something.
(b) People often hide their fears.
(c) No one is ever completely honest.
(d) People's intentions are often better than their actions.
5. A refers repeatedly to the fact that Sis did what?
(a) Had an abortion.
(c) Dated girls.
6. How do B and C react when A cries?
(a) They tell her to stop.
(b) They leave the room.
(c) They try to console her.
(d) They wait quietly until she finishes.
7. Who is sitting at the desk at the beginning of Act 1?
(b) The Boy.
8. What does B say about children in act 1, part 1?
(a) That they should be taught that death is a blessing.
(b) That they should not be told about death so that they won't worry about it.
(c) That they should experience the death of someone close as early as possible.
(d) That they should be taught from the time they are six that they are on the way to death.
9. C tells B that she is not good at what?
(a) Giving advice.
10. Why is C in the house with A and B?
(a) She is A's estranged daughter.
(b) She is a live-in nurse.
(c) She is A's granddaughter.
(d) She is a representative of A's lawyers.
11. How did the bracelet incident change the way A felt about jewelry?
(a) She began to hate jewelry, and didn't want to receive it any more.
(b) She began to feel that everything her jewelry represented was fake.
(c) She still enjoyed jewelry, but never wanted another bracelet.
(d) She began to cry anytime she saw a bracelet.
12. How do B and C know that A is still alive?
(a) Her eyelids are moving.
(b) She is conscious.
(c) She is breathing.
(d) She has a pulse.
13. Who is sitting in the chair at the beginning of Act 1?
(a) The Boy.
14. A thinks that all of her staff do what?
(a) Deal drugs.
(b) Make fun of her behind her back.
(c) Hold private rituals.
(d) Steal from her.
15. Who had a glass eye?
(b) A's husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does A think her son feels about her?
2. How does C respond to A's situation at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
3. To whom is A referring when she uses the pronoun "he"?
4. A reveals in Act 1, Part 2 that who had an affair?
5. According to A, who took advantage of Sis?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)