|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was A jealous of Sis?
(a) She used to win all sorts of awards.
(b) She was able to go to college.
(c) She was much prettier than A.
(d) She was younger, smarter, and had more boyfriends.
2. Who helps A into the bathroom?
(c) The Boy.
(d) A nurse.
3. A refers repeatedly to the fact that Sis did what?
(a) Had an abortion.
(c) Dated girls.
4. What does A ask at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Where she left her glasses.
(b) Whether it is the day "he" comes.
(c) How many more days until her birthday.
(d) Where C has gone.
5. What happened to A's husband's shoulder?
(a) He dislocated it.
(b) He was shot.
(c) He fell and broke it.
(d) He got into a fight and injured it.
6. What does A say about Sis in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) She was promiscuous.
(b) She drank.
(c) She had an abortion.
(d) She was murdered.
7. How did the bracelet incident change the way A felt about jewelry?
(a) She still enjoyed jewelry, but never wanted another bracelet.
(b) She began to hate jewelry, and didn't want to receive it any more.
(c) She began to cry anytime she saw a bracelet.
(d) She began to feel that everything her jewelry represented was fake.
8. A says in Act 1, Part 2 that she learned lessons about people from whom?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her sister.
9. How does B try to reassure A when she cries in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) B tells A that she isn't going to die alone, that B and C will be there.
(b) B tells A that what she can't remember is still there, she just can't access it all the time.
(c) B tells A that her son still loves her, he's just too busy to visit a lot of the time.
(d) B tells A that she will help her get her affairs in order.
10. Who is sitting at the desk at the beginning of Act 1?
(b) The Boy.
11. What does C say to B about getting older, in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) She wants to die before she gets old.
(b) Getting older only adds to a person's dignity.
(c) She looks forward to getting older.
(d) It must be awful to get old and lose control.
12. What expression does A use that B laughs at?
(a) "Silly goose."
(b) "Get fresh."
(d) "Tonic water."
13. Who were the only "colored" people that A knew?
(a) Girls she worked with.
(b) Her neighbors.
(c) The "help."
(d) Girls she went to school with.
14. Who is onstage at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
(d) The boy.
15. What worries C, regarding A's bathroom habits?
(a) C worries that A will ruin her expensive antique furniture.
(b) C worries that A will fall and hurt herself in the bathroom.
(c) C worries that A loses control of her bladder in the chair C is sitting in.
(d) C worries that A will lose control and embarrass herself in public.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose arm is broken in Act 1, Part 1?
2. What does B tell C to do in Act 1, Part 1?
3. Why is C in the house with A and B?
4. What does B tell C about A's use of racial slurs?
5. According to A, who took advantage of Sis?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)