Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does C say about memories in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) There is no reason to remember everything that has happened to you.
(b) There is safety and salvation in forgetting things.
(c) You have to talk about things so you won't forget them.
(d) If you forget something, there is a reason for it.
2. What does A have a tantrum about in Act 1, Part 4?
(a) She wants B and C to be more compassionate.
(b) Her arm hurts.
(c) She doesn't want to get old.
(d) She wants her son to visit.
3. Whose arm is broken in Act 1, Part 1?
(c) The boy's.
4. Why does A begin to cry in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Because she can't use the bathroom by herself.
(b) Because she cannot remember her husband.
(c) Because of the pain in her arm.
(d) Because of the way C speaks to her.
5. According to C, why are B and C not as excited about the movie star as A is?
(a) They don't go to the movies.
(b) They didn't like his movies.
(c) They are Democrats.
(d) They are too young to recognize his name.
6. Who told A they would not come to see her if she continued to use words like "wop"?
(b) The housekeeper.
(c) The boy.
7. What makes A cry in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) B and C's bickering.
(b) A memory of her husband.
(c) A harsh comment from B.
(d) A confused memory about her parents.
8. To whom is A referring when she uses the pronoun "he"?
(a) Her husband.
(b) The Boy.
(c) Her son.
(d) It is not clear.
9. How does B respond to A's tantrum in Act 1, Part 4?
(a) B ignores A until she stops.
(b) B tries to reason with A.
(c) B gives A a sedative.
(d) B helps A get into bed.
10. How does C feel about B's idea about children?
(a) C reluctantly agrees with B.
(b) C says nothing but cries quietly.
(c) C enthusiastically agrees with B.
(d) C says that it is an awful idea.
11. What did A lie about to impress her future husband?
(a) Her health.
(b) Her family's wealth.
(c) Her past relationships.
(d) Her ability to ride horses.
12. What comment does B make to C, regarding A's bathroom habits?
(a) Just when B gets A in her chair, A has to go.
(b) A should be using a bedpan at night.
(c) A takes too long in the bathroom, and B can never use it.
(d) A should be able to get to the bathroom by herself.
13. What does B tell C about empathy?
(a) That having too much empathy can be bad for a person.
(b) That empathy is an unnecessary emotion.
(c) That she should be more empathetic so that people will be empathetic with her when she is old.
(d) That C will be old soon enough and won't have to imagine what it's like.
14. Why was A jealous of Sis?
(a) She was able to go to college.
(b) She was younger, smarter, and had more boyfriends.
(c) She was much prettier than A.
(d) She used to win all sorts of awards.
15. How does C feel about A and B in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) C likes B, but feels that A is always picking on her.
(b) C feels that they are ganging up on her.
(c) C likes A, but feels that B is always picking on her.
(d) C gets along well with both A and B.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were A's favorite pieces of jewelry?
2. What does B say about A's friends being dead?
3. How old does A think she is?
4. What happened to A's husband's shoulder?
5. A thinks that all of her staff do what?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)