|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do B and C know that A is still alive?
(a) Her eyelids are moving.
(b) She is conscious.
(c) She is breathing.
(d) She has a pulse.
2. What comment does B make to C, regarding A's bathroom habits?
(a) A takes too long in the bathroom, and B can never use it.
(b) Just when B gets A in her chair, A has to go.
(c) A should be using a bedpan at night.
(d) A should be able to get to the bathroom by herself.
3. What does A say about people at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
(a) People's intentions are often better than their actions.
(b) No one is ever completely honest.
(c) Everybody wants something.
(d) People often hide their fears.
4. Why does A begin to cry in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Because of the pain in her arm.
(b) Because she can't use the bathroom by herself.
(c) Because she cannot remember her husband.
(d) Because of the way C speaks to her.
5. Whose arm is broken in Act 1, Part 1?
(d) The boy's.
6. Why does A start crying in act 1, part 3?
(a) Because she has shrunk.
(b) Because she isn't pretty anymore.
(c) Because Sis is dead.
(d) Because she knows she is dying.
7. Who is sitting in the chair at the beginning of Act 1?
(a) The Boy.
8. What does A say about Sis in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) She had an abortion.
(b) She drank.
(c) She was promiscuous.
(d) She was murdered.
9. Why does the glass get broken in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) A wants to get a reaction out of B.
(b) B and C engage in a fistfight.
(c) The boy comes home drunk.
(d) A falls while in the bathroom.
10. Who is sitting on the bench, at the foot of the bed, at the beginning of Act 1?
(c) The Boy.
11. Who reacts negatively to the racism in A's remarks?
(b) The boy.
(d) The nurse.
12. How old does A think she is?
13. What are A's favorite gemstones?
(a) Emeralds and sapphires.
(b) Diamonds and pearls.
(c) Rubies and pearls.
(d) Diamonds and rubies.
14. What did A win prizes for after her marriage?
(b) Her writing.
(c) Her artwork.
(d) Beauty pageants.
15. Whose name is A trying to remember at the end of Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Her niece.
(b) Her husband's brother.
(c) Her husband.
(d) The movie star she met.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the bracelet incident change the way A felt about jewelry?
2. According to A, who took advantage of Sis?
3. What does B tell C to do in Act 1, Part 1?
4. What does A say about the boys she used to dance with?
5. According to A, Sis and her mother hated what part of A's personality?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)