|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the glass get broken in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) A wants to get a reaction out of B.
(b) The boy comes home drunk.
(c) B and C engage in a fistfight.
(d) A falls while in the bathroom.
2. In Act 1, Part 1, A says that she is how many years older than "he" is?
3. Who is sitting in the chair at the beginning of Act 1?
(d) The Boy.
4. Who told A they would not come to see her if she continued to use words like "wop"?
(a) The housekeeper.
(d) The boy.
5. A thinks that all of her staff do what?
(a) Make fun of her behind her back.
(b) Steal from her.
(c) Deal drugs.
(d) Hold private rituals.
6. Why does A complain about B in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) A complains that B is rude to her.
(b) A complains that B talks too much.
(c) A complains that B is hurting her.
(d) A complains that B is a terrible cook.
7. How does B respond to A's situation at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
(a) She leaves to call the doctor.
(b) She pulls a sheet over A's face.
(c) She tells C to call the doctor.
(d) She gives A CPR.
8. What does A have a tantrum about in Act 1, Part 4?
(a) Her arm hurts.
(b) She wants her son to visit.
(c) She doesn't want to get old.
(d) She wants B and C to be more compassionate.
9. What did the doctors tell A to do for her husband's infected shoulder?
(a) They told her to bring him to a witch doctor.
(b) They told her to bring him to the desert to bake out the infection.
(c) They told her to use maggots to eat the dead tissue.
(d) They told her to use leeches to drain some of the infected blood.
10. Whose arm is broken in Act 1, Part 1?
(c) The boy's.
11. Who checks to see if A is still alive at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
(b) The boy.
(c) A nurse.
12. What did A lie about to impress her future husband?
(a) Her past relationships.
(b) Her health.
(c) Her family's wealth.
(d) Her ability to ride horses.
13. What does A talk about at the end of Act 1, Part 3?
(a) Sis's first marriage.
(b) Her friends' deaths.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her son.
14. What was A's husband doing when he injured his shoulder?
(a) Playing sports.
(b) Drinking at a bar.
(d) Painting the house.
15. What do A and B tease C about?
(a) Not paying attention.
(b) Not having a sense of humor.
(c) Being a snob.
(d) Being too uptight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is C?
2. Who is sitting on the bench, at the foot of the bed, at the beginning of Act 1?
3. A was friends with people of many races and ethnicities, except which?
4. What does B tell C about empathy?
5. How does B try to reassure A when she cries in Act 1, Part 3?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)