|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose name is A trying to remember at the end of Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Her niece.
(b) The movie star she met.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her husband's brother.
2. Why was A jealous of Sis?
(a) She was younger, smarter, and had more boyfriends.
(b) She was able to go to college.
(c) She was much prettier than A.
(d) She used to win all sorts of awards.
3. Who is sitting in the chair at the beginning of Act 1?
(d) The Boy.
4. What makes A cry in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) A memory of her husband.
(b) A harsh comment from B.
(c) B and C's bickering.
(d) A confused memory about her parents.
5. Why does the bracelet incident affect A so deeply?
(a) It was the event that precipitated her divorce.
(b) It leaves physical scars on her that make it hard for her to forget the incident.
(c) Her son was present when it happened.
(d) It ends her joy in sex.
6. Who is A?
(a) A little girl.
(b) A middle-aged woman.
(c) An old woman.
(d) A young woman.
7. How did the bracelet incident change the way A felt about jewelry?
(a) She still enjoyed jewelry, but never wanted another bracelet.
(b) She began to feel that everything her jewelry represented was fake.
(c) She began to hate jewelry, and didn't want to receive it any more.
(d) She began to cry anytime she saw a bracelet.
8. How did A's husband react to A's response to his request when he presented the bracelet?
(a) He told her to keep the bracelet, and he left the room.
(b) He took the car, leaving A stranded at a friend's house.
(c) The left the party with another woman.
(d) He left the room angrily, taking the bracelet with him.
9. What was A wearing on the night that the bracelet incident occurred?
(a) Nothing except her jewelry.
(b) A towel.
(c) Her nightgown and jewelry.
(d) A party dress.
10. What expression does A use that B laughs at?
(a) "Get fresh."
(c) "Silly goose."
(d) "Tonic water."
11. What did A win prizes for after her marriage?
(b) Beauty pageants.
(c) Her writing.
(d) Her artwork.
12. Whose arm is broken in Act 1, Part 1?
(c) The boy's.
13. Who was A taller than?
(d) Her husband.
14. Who is onstage at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
(a) The boy.
15. What does A talk about at the end of Act 1, Part 3?
(a) Sis's first marriage.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her friends' deaths.
(d) Her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do A and B tease C about?
2. What does A ask at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
3. What does B tell C about A's use of racial slurs?
4. What does B say about children in act 1, part 1?
5. A thinks that all of her staff do what?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)