|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is sitting on the bench, at the foot of the bed, at the beginning of Act 1?
(d) The Boy.
2. How does A feel about the fact that most of her friends are dead?
(a) It greatly saddens her.
(b) It angers her.
(c) It makes her feel lonely.
(d) It doesn't really bother her.
3. How do B and C know that A is still alive?
(a) Her eyelids are moving.
(b) She has a pulse.
(c) She is breathing.
(d) She is conscious.
4. What expression does A use that B laughs at?
(a) "Tonic water."
(b) "Get fresh."
(c) "Silly goose."
5. What happens to A at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
(a) She tries to commit suicide.
(b) She falls down and gets a concussion.
(c) She has a heart attack.
(d) She has a stroke.
6. Who is C?
(a) A young woman.
(b) A middle-aged woman.
(c) An old woman.
(d) A little girl.
7. Who is A?
(a) An old woman.
(b) A little girl.
(c) A young woman.
(d) A middle-aged woman.
8. Who checks to see if A is still alive at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
(b) The boy.
(d) A nurse.
9. What did A and Sis share when they lived in the city?
(a) A house.
(b) A car.
(c) A wardrobe.
(d) An apartment.
10. What does B tell C about empathy?
(a) That C will be old soon enough and won't have to imagine what it's like.
(b) That she should be more empathetic so that people will be empathetic with her when she is old.
(c) That empathy is an unnecessary emotion.
(d) That having too much empathy can be bad for a person.
11. What makes A cry in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) A confused memory about her parents.
(b) A harsh comment from B.
(c) A memory of her husband.
(d) B and C's bickering.
12. What does A say about the boys she used to dance with?
(a) They only wanted to take advantage of her.
(b) Some of them were "fairies".
(c) She only liked to dance with rich boys.
(d) They only danced with her if Sis was already occupied.
13. What were A's favorite pieces of jewelry?
14. What do A and B tease C about?
(a) Being a snob.
(b) Being too uptight.
(c) Not paying attention.
(d) Not having a sense of humor.
15. Why does A begin to cry in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Because she cannot remember her husband.
(b) Because of the pain in her arm.
(c) Because of the way C speaks to her.
(d) Because she can't use the bathroom by herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is onstage at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
2. What advice does B give C about getting older in Act 1, Part 1?
3. How does B try to reassure A when she cries in Act 1, Part 3?
4. What does A talk about at the end of Act 1, Part 3?
5. How does C feel about A and B in Act 1, Part 1?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)