|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does A think her son feels about her?
(a) She knows he loves her because he makes time to come see her.
(b) She doesn't know how he feels about her.
(c) She knows he loves her, but he's too busy for her.
(d) She thinks he doesn't love her.
2. Why do the doctors want to amputate A's arm?
(a) Because she has poor circulation.
(b) Because she has gangrene in her fingers.
(c) Because she fell and broke it, and it isn't healing.
(d) Because she has an infected wound on her wrist.
3. Who is A?
(a) A young woman.
(b) A middle-aged woman.
(c) A little girl.
(d) An old woman.
4. Who told A they would not come to see her if she continued to use words like "wop"?
(b) The housekeeper.
(c) The boy.
5. C tells B that she is not good at what?
(a) Giving advice.
6. How did A get rich?
(a) She was an actress.
(b) She inherited a small fortune.
(c) She invested wisely.
(d) She married a rich man.
7. Why did Sis have to be forced into marriage?
(a) She didn't like men, or sex, very much.
(b) She didn't want to marry the man her mother wanted her to marry.
(c) She didn't want to have any children.
(d) She wanted to be independent and stay single.
8. Who is sitting at the desk at the beginning of Act 1?
(a) The Boy.
9. How does B respond to A's situation at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
(a) She pulls a sheet over A's face.
(b) She gives A CPR.
(c) She leaves to call the doctor.
(d) She tells C to call the doctor.
10. A thinks that all of her staff do what?
(a) Hold private rituals.
(b) Make fun of her behind her back.
(c) Deal drugs.
(d) Steal from her.
11. Why was A jealous of Sis?
(a) She used to win all sorts of awards.
(b) She was much prettier than A.
(c) She was able to go to college.
(d) She was younger, smarter, and had more boyfriends.
12. What does B say about A's friends being dead?
(a) She's glad because they were a bad influence on A.
(b) A should make more friends so she won't be lonely.
(c) She didn't like most of them anyway.
(d) B wonders how A outlived all of them.
13. Whose name is A trying to remember at the end of Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Her niece.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her husband's brother.
(d) The movie star she met.
14. A reveals in Act 1, Part 2 that who had an affair?
(a) A's husband.
(b) Sis's husband.
15. How do B and C react when A cries?
(a) They wait quietly until she finishes.
(b) They try to console her.
(c) They leave the room.
(d) They tell her to stop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps A into the bathroom?
2. What comment does B make to C, regarding A's bathroom habits?
3. What does A have a tantrum about in Act 1, Part 4?
4. What happened as a result of the doctors' recommended treatment for A's husband's shoulder?
5. According to C, why are B and C not as excited about the movie star as A is?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)