|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does C respond to A's situation at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
(a) She begins to panic.
(b) She calls the doctor.
(c) She cries.
(d) She leaves to call A's son.
2. Who is onstage at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
(b) The boy.
3. How do B and C know that A is still alive?
(a) Her eyelids are moving.
(b) She is conscious.
(c) She has a pulse.
(d) She is breathing.
4. Who is sitting on the bench, at the foot of the bed, at the beginning of Act 1?
(b) The Boy.
5. According to A, who took advantage of Sis?
(a) Her college professor.
(b) Her friends.
(c) Her first husband's family.
(d) A's boyfriend.
6. Why does B get irritated with C in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) C doesn't help A to the bathroom.
(b) C doesn't do enough housework.
(c) C makes A cry.
(d) C is immature.
7. Why do the doctors want to amputate A's arm?
(a) Because she has poor circulation.
(b) Because she fell and broke it, and it isn't healing.
(c) Because she has an infected wound on her wrist.
(d) Because she has gangrene in her fingers.
8. What does B tell C about A's use of racial slurs?
(a) A had bad experiences with some people that led her to become prejudiced.
(b) They are just the words A learned to use, and they don't really mean anything.
(c) A is not prejudiced against all people, only some.
(d) A doesn't really know what she's saying because she's too old to realize it.
9. What did the doctors tell A to do for her husband's infected shoulder?
(a) They told her to bring him to a witch doctor.
(b) They told her to use maggots to eat the dead tissue.
(c) They told her to bring him to the desert to bake out the infection.
(d) They told her to use leeches to drain some of the infected blood.
10. How did A's husband react to A's response to his request when he presented the bracelet?
(a) The left the party with another woman.
(b) He took the car, leaving A stranded at a friend's house.
(c) He left the room angrily, taking the bracelet with him.
(d) He told her to keep the bracelet, and he left the room.
11. Why does the glass get broken in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) A wants to get a reaction out of B.
(b) A falls while in the bathroom.
(c) B and C engage in a fistfight.
(d) The boy comes home drunk.
12. When did the incident with the bracelet occur between A and her husband?
(a) On Christmas Eve.
(b) When her husband came home from work.
(c) After they came home from a party.
(d) After a riding show.
13. Who is C?
(a) A young woman.
(b) A middle-aged woman.
(c) An old woman.
(d) A little girl.
14. Why does the bracelet incident affect A so deeply?
(a) It ends her joy in sex.
(b) It was the event that precipitated her divorce.
(c) Her son was present when it happened.
(d) It leaves physical scars on her that make it hard for her to forget the incident.
15. Whose name is A trying to remember at the end of Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Her husband.
(b) The movie star she met.
(c) Her husband's brother.
(d) Her niece.
Short Answer Questions
1. C tells B that she is not good at what?
2. According to A, Sis and her mother hated what part of A's personality?
3. What comment does B make to C, regarding A's bathroom habits?
4. In Act 1, Part 1, A says that she is how many years older than "he" is?
5. What are A's favorite gemstones?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)