|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does B say about children in act 1, part 1?
(a) That they should not be told about death so that they won't worry about it.
(b) That they should experience the death of someone close as early as possible.
(c) That they should be taught that death is a blessing.
(d) That they should be taught from the time they are six that they are on the way to death.
2. What did the doctors tell A to do for her husband's infected shoulder?
(a) They told her to use leeches to drain some of the infected blood.
(b) They told her to use maggots to eat the dead tissue.
(c) They told her to bring him to the desert to bake out the infection.
(d) They told her to bring him to a witch doctor.
3. How did Sis and A react when their father died?
(a) They went to their own rooms to cry.
(b) They didn't cry at all, to be strong for their mother.
(c) They cried together.
(d) Sis cried, but A didn't.
4. What worries C, regarding A's bathroom habits?
(a) C worries that A will ruin her expensive antique furniture.
(b) C worries that A loses control of her bladder in the chair C is sitting in.
(c) C worries that A will fall and hurt herself in the bathroom.
(d) C worries that A will lose control and embarrass herself in public.
5. Who were the only "colored" people that A knew?
(a) Her neighbors.
(b) Girls she worked with.
(c) Girls she went to school with.
(d) The "help."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is B's response to C's concern at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
2. Who had a glass eye?
3. How does A feel about the fact that most of her friends are dead?
4. What does A want to celebrate in Act 2, Part 4?
5. Why does A believe that old age is the best time of life?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)