|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does B say about A's friends being dead?
(a) She's glad because they were a bad influence on A.
(b) A should make more friends so she won't be lonely.
(c) She didn't like most of them anyway.
(d) B wonders how A outlived all of them.
2. According to A, what did A's mother do when A and Sis argued?
(a) She stayed out of the argument completely.
(b) She sided with A.
(c) She tried to mediate without taking sides.
(d) She sided with Sis.
3. What does A say to C at the end of Act 1, Part 2?
(a) A tells C to get out of her house.
(b) A tells C that she should live so that she doesn't have any regrets when she is as old as A.
(c) A tells C not to get fresh.
(d) A tells C that she is too young to understand A's stories.
4. Why does A feel that she always had to be strong?
(a) Because she didn't have faith in anyone but herself.
(b) Because she had so much misfortune in her life.
(c) Because she didn't have anyone to depend on.
(d) Because no one else was.
5. How did A's husband behave after A broke her back?
(a) He was angry that she couldn't do as much housework.
(b) He was irritable and felt that she was malingering.
(c) He was nicer and let her stop riding.
(d) There was no change in his behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did A and Sis share when they lived in the city?
2. Who told A they would not come to see her if she continued to use words like "wop"?
3. What does A say about people at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
4. In Act 1, Part 1, A says that she is how many years older than "he" is?
5. According to A, why did she marry her husband?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)