|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does A begin to cry in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Because of the pain in her arm.
(b) Because she cannot remember her husband.
(c) Because she can't use the bathroom by herself.
(d) Because of the way C speaks to her.
2. Who is onstage at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
(b) The boy.
3. Why does C think A is saying she is 91?
(a) She is too vain to admit she is 92.
(b) She has forgotten when she was born.
(c) She has forgotten what year it is.
(d) She has forgotten that her birthday already passed.
4. What comment does B make to C, regarding A's bathroom habits?
(a) A should be using a bedpan at night.
(b) A should be able to get to the bathroom by herself.
(c) Just when B gets A in her chair, A has to go.
(d) A takes too long in the bathroom, and B can never use it.
5. According to A, Sis and her mother hated what part of A's personality?
(a) Her adaptability.
(b) Her stubbornness.
(c) Her strength.
(d) Her compassion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does B tell C about empathy?
2. How does C feel about B's idea about children?
3. What was A's husband doing when he injured his shoulder?
4. Who does A refer to as "a real smart little Jew?"
5. A reveals in Act 1, Part 2 that who had an affair?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)