|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is sitting in the chair at the beginning of Act 1?
(b) The Boy.
2. What did the doctors tell A to do for her husband's infected shoulder?
(a) They told her to bring him to the desert to bake out the infection.
(b) They told her to use maggots to eat the dead tissue.
(c) They told her to use leeches to drain some of the infected blood.
(d) They told her to bring him to a witch doctor.
3. What does A say about the boys she used to dance with?
(a) She only liked to dance with rich boys.
(b) They only wanted to take advantage of her.
(c) They only danced with her if Sis was already occupied.
(d) Some of them were "fairies".
4. Who was A taller than?
(c) Her husband.
5. What does C remember her mother telling her in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) To wait until she was married for sex.
(b) To control her urges.
(c) To get as much as she could from the men she slept with.
(d) To not seem promiscuous.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Sis have to be forced into marriage?
2. What happened as a result of the doctors' recommended treatment for A's husband's shoulder?
3. Who checks to see if A is still alive at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
4. What does A ask at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
5. What expression does A use that B laughs at?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)