|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did A's father-in-law feel about her?
(a) He disliked her.
(b) He was civil to her.
(c) He never spoke to her.
(d) He liked her.
2. What happens at the end of Act 2, Part 2?
(a) B leaves.
(b) A dies.
(c) The Boy walks into the room.
(d) C leaves.
3. What does B tell C about empathy?
(a) That C will be old soon enough and won't have to imagine what it's like.
(b) That she should be more empathetic so that people will be empathetic with her when she is old.
(c) That having too much empathy can be bad for a person.
(d) That empathy is an unnecessary emotion.
4. How did the bracelet incident change the way A felt about jewelry?
(a) She began to feel that everything her jewelry represented was fake.
(b) She began to hate jewelry, and didn't want to receive it any more.
(c) She still enjoyed jewelry, but never wanted another bracelet.
(d) She began to cry anytime she saw a bracelet.
5. What does A think her son loves more than her?
(a) His wife.
(d) His work.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did A's husband react to A's response to his request when he presented the bracelet?
2. Who reacts negatively to the racism in A's remarks?
3. How does C respond to A's reasoning for her marriage?
4. Who checks to see if A is still alive at the end of Act 1, Part 4?
5. What happened to A's husband's shoulder?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)